It only came up missing during the time you elected to post here first. Next time go get it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 683post #10231 of 1479110/23/13 at 7:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10232 of 1479110/23/13 at 7:26ampost #10233 of 1479110/23/13 at 7:32ampost #10234 of 1479110/23/13 at 7:34ampost #10235 of 1479110/24/13 at 8:46am
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.Quote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
Nice, well done on the photo and great amp. Is that the KA-7100?
Edited by Shmitty - 10/24/13 at 9:02ampost #10236 of 1479110/24/13 at 8:05pm
More Kenwood love
My first barter town purchase. Kenwood model 600 with complete recap by Echo Wars, the local Audio Karma Kenwood guru.
It cost some $$$, but I'm already in love. Best amp I own!post #10237 of 1479110/24/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
Very nice........welcome to the Oregon Kenwood club.post #10238 of 1479110/24/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shmitty
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.
Haha, Ka-7300 definitely rarer than Ka-7100, and it's only dual mono design in Ka-x300 line. His big brother Ka-8300 doesn't have dual transformer. He is more like late KA-8100 and 9100 (same output pack as 8100), really nice sounding amp. Someone Akers prefer KA-9100 (or 8100 or KA-7300 ) to Model 500 (600) or KA-917, which I partially agree (I own 7300, 500 and 917).Quote:
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?post #10239 of 1479110/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #10240 of 1479110/24/13 at 10:07pmThose are jaw dropping, make my Sony look amateur lol. Sad how Kenwood have fallen, I still have the kra-5070 I bought new as a teen in 94...rated for 100wpc good for 120...those were the days...post #10241 of 1479110/24/13 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meewoo
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?
Actually, the KA 907 is recapped. The ebay seller I purchased it from did the work himself. I have no idea of his skills or the quality of his work, but the amp sounds real nice. However, I have to give the nod to the 600. It's quite excellent. Both are pretty neutral, detailed and dynamic. The 600 punches harder. It's more transparent and I hear the textures of the instruments like no other amp I have.
Even though both amps have been recapped, it still might not be a fair comparison given they were worked on by different people. Echo Wars over at AK has a great reputation.post #10242 of 1479110/25/13 at 4:37ampost #10243 of 1479110/25/13 at 6:45amQuote:
That's a sweet little Hitachi amp - nice!
Deserves a prettier tuner (sorry club Kenwood/Oregon)...
Styling reminds me of this vintage Hitachi receiver/turntable combo:post #10244 of 1479110/25/13 at 8:00am
So I'm looking to make a splash with Mr. Speaker's Alpha Dogs, and likely the Bifrost DAC..
But the amp, I was looking to maybe power speakers one day, and while the Emotiva Mini-X is my first choice right now, I'm debating going vintage.
Any input on the sound the headphone out will produce versus the Mini-X or say an Asgard 2?
I'll probably go listen, but are those three decent receivers in this boards' eyes?post #10245 of 1479110/25/13 at 8:15amQuote:
BIG congrats! Man I cannot tell you how many times I looked at that listing and almost bought that amp even though I absolutely don't need it. VERY nice piece!!!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › post your grado mods.... 10 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 seconds ago
- › Social friction is normal 37 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 41 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 43 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › DAC/ AMP for IEM 1 minute ago
- › help!!! portable version of grado? 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3