It only came up missing during the time you elected to post here first. Next time go get it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/2/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/17/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/2/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 683post #10231 of 1099010/23/13 at 7:03ampost #10232 of 1099010/23/13 at 7:26ampost #10233 of 1099010/23/13 at 7:32ampost #10234 of 1099010/23/13 at 7:34ampost #10235 of 1099010/24/13 at 8:46am
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.Quote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
Nice, well done on the photo and great amp. Is that the KA-7100?
Edited by Shmitty - 10/24/13 at 9:02ampost #10236 of 1099010/24/13 at 8:05pm
More Kenwood love
My first barter town purchase. Kenwood model 600 with complete recap by Echo Wars, the local Audio Karma Kenwood guru.
It cost some $$$, but I'm already in love. Best amp I own!post #10237 of 1099010/24/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
Very nice........welcome to the Oregon Kenwood club.post #10238 of 1099010/24/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shmitty
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.
Haha, Ka-7300 definitely rarer than Ka-7100, and it's only dual mono design in Ka-x300 line. His big brother Ka-8300 doesn't have dual transformer. He is more like late KA-8100 and 9100 (same output pack as 8100), really nice sounding amp. Someone Akers prefer KA-9100 (or 8100 or KA-7300 ) to Model 500 (600) or KA-917, which I partially agree (I own 7300, 500 and 917).Quote:
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?post #10239 of 1099010/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #10240 of 1099010/24/13 at 10:07pmpost #10241 of 1099010/24/13 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meewoo
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?
Actually, the KA 907 is recapped. The ebay seller I purchased it from did the work himself. I have no idea of his skills or the quality of his work, but the amp sounds real nice. However, I have to give the nod to the 600. It's quite excellent. Both are pretty neutral, detailed and dynamic. The 600 punches harder. It's more transparent and I hear the textures of the instruments like no other amp I have.
Even though both amps have been recapped, it still might not be a fair comparison given they were worked on by different people. Echo Wars over at AK has a great reputation.post #10242 of 1099010/25/13 at 4:37am
Very nice! What's that at the bottom with the meters?
Good to see yet another Oregon guy!post #10243 of 1099010/25/13 at 6:45amQuote:
That's a sweet little Hitachi amp - nice!
Deserves a prettier tuner (sorry club Kenwood/Oregon)...
Styling reminds me of this vintage Hitachi receiver/turntable combo:post #10244 of 1099010/25/13 at 8:00am
So I'm looking to make a splash with Mr. Speaker's Alpha Dogs, and likely the Bifrost DAC..
But the amp, I was looking to maybe power speakers one day, and while the Emotiva Mini-X is my first choice right now, I'm debating going vintage.
Any input on the sound the headphone out will produce versus the Mini-X or say an Asgard 2?
I'll probably go listen, but are those three decent receivers in this boards' eyes?post #10245 of 1099010/25/13 at 8:15amQuote:
BIG congrats! Man I cannot tell you how many times I looked at that listing and almost bought that amp even though I absolutely don't need it. VERY nice piece!!!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 18 seconds ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 32 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 46 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 50 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X3 (BRAND NEW) still wrapped 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi