It only came up missing during the time you elected to post here first. Next time go get it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 683post #10231 of 1340210/23/13 at 7:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10232 of 1340210/23/13 at 7:26ampost #10233 of 1340210/23/13 at 7:32ampost #10234 of 1340210/23/13 at 7:34ampost #10235 of 1340210/24/13 at 8:46am
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.Quote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
Nice, well done on the photo and great amp. Is that the KA-7100?
Edited by Shmitty - 10/24/13 at 9:02ampost #10236 of 1340210/24/13 at 8:05pm
More Kenwood love
My first barter town purchase. Kenwood model 600 with complete recap by Echo Wars, the local Audio Karma Kenwood guru.
It cost some $$$, but I'm already in love. Best amp I own!post #10237 of 1340210/24/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
Very nice........welcome to the Oregon Kenwood club.post #10238 of 1340210/24/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shmitty
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.
Haha, Ka-7300 definitely rarer than Ka-7100, and it's only dual mono design in Ka-x300 line. His big brother Ka-8300 doesn't have dual transformer. He is more like late KA-8100 and 9100 (same output pack as 8100), really nice sounding amp. Someone Akers prefer KA-9100 (or 8100 or KA-7300 ) to Model 500 (600) or KA-917, which I partially agree (I own 7300, 500 and 917).Quote:
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?post #10239 of 1340210/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #10240 of 1340210/24/13 at 10:07pmpost #10241 of 1340210/24/13 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meewoo
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?
Actually, the KA 907 is recapped. The ebay seller I purchased it from did the work himself. I have no idea of his skills or the quality of his work, but the amp sounds real nice. However, I have to give the nod to the 600. It's quite excellent. Both are pretty neutral, detailed and dynamic. The 600 punches harder. It's more transparent and I hear the textures of the instruments like no other amp I have.
Even though both amps have been recapped, it still might not be a fair comparison given they were worked on by different people. Echo Wars over at AK has a great reputation.post #10242 of 1340210/25/13 at 4:37ampost #10243 of 1340210/25/13 at 6:45amQuote:
That's a sweet little Hitachi amp - nice!
Deserves a prettier tuner (sorry club Kenwood/Oregon)...
Styling reminds me of this vintage Hitachi receiver/turntable combo:post #10244 of 1340210/25/13 at 8:00am
So I'm looking to make a splash with Mr. Speaker's Alpha Dogs, and likely the Bifrost DAC..
But the amp, I was looking to maybe power speakers one day, and while the Emotiva Mini-X is my first choice right now, I'm debating going vintage.
Any input on the sound the headphone out will produce versus the Mini-X or say an Asgard 2?
I'll probably go listen, but are those three decent receivers in this boards' eyes?post #10245 of 1340210/25/13 at 8:15amQuote:
BIG congrats! Man I cannot tell you how many times I looked at that listing and almost bought that amp even though I absolutely don't need it. VERY nice piece!!!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado e Series 1 second ago
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 43 seconds ago
- › Keep Aune MK2 or buy iFi Micro-iCan ? 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Soloist 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso D10 Cobra Portable DAC / AMP & Op Amp Kit 9 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H300 New! 10 minutes ago
- › Burson Soloist 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)