It only came up missing during the time you elected to post here first. Next time go get it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz S3. The Brainwavz S3 is available from...
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 683post #10231 of 1510710/23/13 at 7:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10232 of 1510710/23/13 at 7:26ampost #10233 of 1510710/23/13 at 7:32ampost #10234 of 1510710/23/13 at 7:34ampost #10235 of 1510710/24/13 at 8:46am
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.Quote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
Nice, well done on the photo and great amp. Is that the KA-7100?
Edited by Shmitty - 10/24/13 at 9:02ampost #10236 of 1510710/24/13 at 8:05pm
More Kenwood love
My first barter town purchase. Kenwood model 600 with complete recap by Echo Wars, the local Audio Karma Kenwood guru.
It cost some $$$, but I'm already in love. Best amp I own!post #10237 of 1510710/24/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
Very nice........welcome to the Oregon Kenwood club.post #10238 of 1510710/24/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shmitty
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.
Haha, Ka-7300 definitely rarer than Ka-7100, and it's only dual mono design in Ka-x300 line. His big brother Ka-8300 doesn't have dual transformer. He is more like late KA-8100 and 9100 (same output pack as 8100), really nice sounding amp. Someone Akers prefer KA-9100 (or 8100 or KA-7300 ) to Model 500 (600) or KA-917, which I partially agree (I own 7300, 500 and 917).Quote:
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?post #10239 of 1510710/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #10240 of 1510710/24/13 at 10:07pmThose are jaw dropping, make my Sony look amateur lol. Sad how Kenwood have fallen, I still have the kra-5070 I bought new as a teen in 94...rated for 100wpc good for 120...those were the days...post #10241 of 1510710/24/13 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meewoo
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?
Actually, the KA 907 is recapped. The ebay seller I purchased it from did the work himself. I have no idea of his skills or the quality of his work, but the amp sounds real nice. However, I have to give the nod to the 600. It's quite excellent. Both are pretty neutral, detailed and dynamic. The 600 punches harder. It's more transparent and I hear the textures of the instruments like no other amp I have.
Even though both amps have been recapped, it still might not be a fair comparison given they were worked on by different people. Echo Wars over at AK has a great reputation.post #10242 of 1510710/25/13 at 4:37ampost #10243 of 1510710/25/13 at 6:45amQuote:
That's a sweet little Hitachi amp - nice!
Deserves a prettier tuner (sorry club Kenwood/Oregon)...
Styling reminds me of this vintage Hitachi receiver/turntable combo:post #10244 of 1510710/25/13 at 8:00am
So I'm looking to make a splash with Mr. Speaker's Alpha Dogs, and likely the Bifrost DAC..
But the amp, I was looking to maybe power speakers one day, and while the Emotiva Mini-X is my first choice right now, I'm debating going vintage.
Any input on the sound the headphone out will produce versus the Mini-X or say an Asgard 2?
I'll probably go listen, but are those three decent receivers in this boards' eyes?post #10245 of 1510710/25/13 at 8:15amQuote:
BIG congrats! Man I cannot tell you how many times I looked at that listing and almost bought that amp even though I absolutely don't need it. VERY nice piece!!!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › I want an MP3 player that is good for podcasts 17 seconds ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 Dual Decode 24Bit/192kHz 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bypassing the headphone amplifier in a DAC/AMP 2 minutes ago
- › How important is impedance matching? ie. Is 1/5 ok? 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Sony XBA-300 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info, Discussion and Tour Link 3 minutes ago
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by shotgunshane
- › Brainwavz S3 by peter123
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2