It only came up missing during the time you elected to post here first. Next time go get it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 683post #10231 of 1462510/23/13 at 7:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10232 of 1462510/23/13 at 7:26ampost #10233 of 1462510/23/13 at 7:32ampost #10234 of 1462510/23/13 at 7:34ampost #10235 of 1462510/24/13 at 8:46am
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.Quote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
Nice, well done on the photo and great amp. Is that the KA-7100?
Edited by Shmitty - 10/24/13 at 9:02ampost #10236 of 1462510/24/13 at 8:05pm
More Kenwood love
My first barter town purchase. Kenwood model 600 with complete recap by Echo Wars, the local Audio Karma Kenwood guru.
It cost some $$$, but I'm already in love. Best amp I own!post #10237 of 1462510/24/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
Very nice........welcome to the Oregon Kenwood club.post #10238 of 1462510/24/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shmitty
Ya'll are close it's a KA-7300 http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html fairly rare. They are somewhat undesirable because of parts issues but I've picked up a spare just to be safe. If anyone is interested do a search for echowars and ka7300 its a good read.
Haha, Ka-7300 definitely rarer than Ka-7100, and it's only dual mono design in Ka-x300 line. His big brother Ka-8300 doesn't have dual transformer. He is more like late KA-8100 and 9100 (same output pack as 8100), really nice sounding amp. Someone Akers prefer KA-9100 (or 8100 or KA-7300 ) to Model 500 (600) or KA-917, which I partially agree (I own 7300, 500 and 917).Quote:
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?post #10239 of 1462510/24/13 at 9:50pmpost #10240 of 1462510/24/13 at 10:07pmThose are jaw dropping, make my Sony look amateur lol. Sad how Kenwood have fallen, I still have the kra-5070 I bought new as a teen in 94...rated for 100wpc good for 120...those were the days...post #10241 of 1462510/24/13 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meewoo
Are you going to have your KA-917 recapped?
I know it's not fair to compare no-recapped 917 to 600, but how do you compare the tones of these 2?
Actually, the KA 907 is recapped. The ebay seller I purchased it from did the work himself. I have no idea of his skills or the quality of his work, but the amp sounds real nice. However, I have to give the nod to the 600. It's quite excellent. Both are pretty neutral, detailed and dynamic. The 600 punches harder. It's more transparent and I hear the textures of the instruments like no other amp I have.
Even though both amps have been recapped, it still might not be a fair comparison given they were worked on by different people. Echo Wars over at AK has a great reputation.post #10242 of 1462510/25/13 at 4:37ampost #10243 of 1462510/25/13 at 6:45amQuote:
That's a sweet little Hitachi amp - nice!
Deserves a prettier tuner (sorry club Kenwood/Oregon)...
Styling reminds me of this vintage Hitachi receiver/turntable combo:post #10244 of 1462510/25/13 at 8:00am
So I'm looking to make a splash with Mr. Speaker's Alpha Dogs, and likely the Bifrost DAC..
But the amp, I was looking to maybe power speakers one day, and while the Emotiva Mini-X is my first choice right now, I'm debating going vintage.
Any input on the sound the headphone out will produce versus the Mini-X or say an Asgard 2?
I'll probably go listen, but are those three decent receivers in this boards' eyes?post #10245 of 1462510/25/13 at 8:15amQuote:
BIG congrats! Man I cannot tell you how many times I looked at that listing and almost bought that amp even though I absolutely don't need it. VERY nice piece!!!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 21 seconds ago
- › Interest Check - Chicago Meet Continuance - August 8th at Tweak Studio 25 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 37 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › FIIO OTG Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)