Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 671

post #10051 of 13592
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailbunny7 View Post
 

Anyone have a favorite integrated amp here?

I am super stoked for the Pioneer SA 9900 I just bought on the ol' auction site, but would like to flesh out a collection sometime soon.


The Sansui AU-717 and AU-719 get a lot of love here and on audiokarma.com ...

post #10052 of 13592

Q to MattTCG:

 

How do the MA900s work with Vintage Amps ?

 

Are they too efficient ?

post #10053 of 13592
So I was a let to get my SX-680's scruffy cabinet refinished with a real wood veneer. My little bedroom system, the 680, Infinitesimals, and an iPod + Wadia dock, is quite the little rig. And the cool thing is my wife LOVES it. She uses it mostly, and mostly for listening to the radio.

post #10054 of 13592

Looking good, Rob. Do you like the Wadia dock? I saw different brand in the man cave and wondered which was easier to use. I have an old iPhone 3G I am planning to use in that type of setup.

post #10055 of 13592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

So I was a let to get my SX-680's scruffy cabinet refinished with a real wood veneer. My little bedroom system, the 680, Infinitesimals, and an iPod + Wadia dock, is quite the little rig. And the cool thing is my wife LOVES it. She uses it mostly, and mostly for listening to the radio.

 

Awww bless, nice bedroom rig. I luv those speakers! 

post #10056 of 13592

I had a 680 for a while.  Very nice sounding unit.  It was in absolute mint condition too.  Kind of sorry I sold it.

post #10057 of 13592
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerBox View Post

I had a 680 for a while.  Very nice sounding unit.  It was in absolute mint condition too.  Kind of sorry I sold it.

Surprisingly good sounding for the size/price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

Looking good, Rob. Do you like the Wadia dock? I saw different brand in the man cave and wondered which was easier to use. I have an old iPhone 3G I am planning to use in that type of setup.

Hi Tim, the dock that you saw was the Pure i20 and it's nicer, and cheaper. The Wadia I bought when it first came out as it was the first of its kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Awww bless, nice bedroom rig. I luv those speakers! 

Cute, aren't they? And amazing sound for the size.
post #10058 of 13592
Thread Starter 
Wow, what a sweat looking bedroom rig. In appearance, it rivals most modern desktop/table top rigs I've seen. But sound quality wise, I bet it beats most of them, even the 4 figure ones. Nice!!
post #10059 of 13592

Back in business!

 

post #10060 of 13592

Let the weekend begin!

:beerchug:

post #10061 of 13592

bah i missed out on a sx 750 in what looked like very good condition for 30 bucks.

i saw it around noon, didn't call, and now someones coming by to see it, with me 2nd on the list.

don't know how you turn that thing down at that price

post #10062 of 13592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Let the weekend begin!

:beerchug:

I'm starting mine off with the most controversial recordings ever put out by U2. It also happens to be one of the best-produced albums I own on CD.

 

post #10063 of 13592
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Back in business!



Nice! Congrats.
post #10064 of 13592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrbington View Post
 

bah i missed out on a sx 750 in what looked like very good condition for 30 bucks.

i saw it around noon, didn't call, and now someones coming by to see it, with me 2nd on the list.

don't know how you turn that thing down at that price

Yea, I got mine for $40. A little DeOxit and she was good to go.

post #10065 of 13592

So finally have an excuse to post here, mind me. I have in my current possession, a Marantz 2220B receiver. While the receiver may need some cleaning work and bulb replacements, it has served me well so far. I currently utilize it as a phono preamp and speaker amplifier for my Technics SL-210 F.G. Servo turntable.

 

The record playing on the turntable is Mobile Fidelity's pressing of Miles Davis' Round About Midnight, which sounds fantastic (even in Mono). : - )

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners