- 4 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 2/3/11
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'm struggling with im590, ue220 and S4.. any suggestion for me? Last post on 4/13/11 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM suggestion for gift. Under $60 (need to buy a bunch too) Last post on 2/27/11 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's, under $80, loud guitars, gym. Pretty please! Last post on 7/22/10 at 11:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Where to try on IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had the same problem of not being to try them out, so I bought the Klipsch from Best Buy then ordered from soundearphones(15% return restocking fee) the Beyerdynamic DTX 80 at the time for $95, now $85, and the Monster Turbines from J@R for $100. Of the three the one that really stood out was the DTX80, very good bass and the rest of the frequencys were clearer than the other two(IMHO), more comfortable, and well constructed plus it was fun and dynamic. Even tho I returned all 3 and kept my Sunrise Xcapes, it sounds like your sound signature is more bassy than mine, but there is a used pair of DTX80 there I'll bet for a good deal! No hassle return to Best Buy, just keep everything and put it back neatly in box. (In terms of IEM differneces read the multi-IEM review by joker, I actually found that rereading the ones I was interested in many times was necessary to really get the differences.)
the S4 is a V shaped sound, big thumping bloated bass and sharp aggressive treble, the 590 has better clarity and much much better balance
- Where to try on IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 10 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 37 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 44 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › On USB audio: a case against USB 3 , "audiophile" USB cables, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Objective2 O2 Amp plus ODAC with RCA+3.5mm Outputs 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations needed for a new headphone (budget: $200/flexible) 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB Shure se215-blk 3 minutes ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob