Does anybody think that the lower priced Creative Aurvana Live or JVC HA M750 would compete with the Denon AH D1100 in terms of bass impact. Which headphone is quicker, cleaner sounding and which would work better with Trance and techno or electronica in general?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 3/14/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on what to choose. Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon ah-d1001 and Denon ah-d1100 Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
****Denon AH-D1100 Review**** - The M50 killer? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 549/2/11 at 6:58am
From what I remember, the D1100s got very uncomfortable and hot on my right ear after a while, maybe 30 - 60 minutes of listening. I had to have these cranked for a listen, yet at the same time everything just shot to my ears too much at once and all that the same time. The D1001s did not give me this problem at all and I found them more comfortable and, of course, lighter. However I think that it is probably more of a case that maybe Denon beefed these up more than I would have thought and I should have invested in a USB DAC for my computer rather than just use my line out of portable cd player, onboard pc audio, and JSLabs Cmoy amp. After returning these, I got the Beyerdynamics dt 990s and I thought they were kind of boring to listen to. Just nothing really grabbed my attention about the sound signature at all to lean on, sorry to all that disagree. So I ended up getting some Ultrasone HFI-15gs which were not only a lot less money, but a nice surprise in performance and comfort as well. Really I doubt that one can find a more comfortable pair. They leak a LOT though, and really need an amp bad. They have a nice silky smooth sound after break-in. Napilopez: Thanks for the comments and discussion. I am getting this Nuforce Icon uDac2 and am gonna grab some Samson's while I am at it. Ha. (SR850)post #33 of 5411/13/11 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by astroid
I have had them for a couple of months , prefer them to my M50s, the bass tightens up a bit with a few hrs on them.
The soundstage and air these have for a closed can is very impressive , they are very light and although the headband is a little 'weird' , i wear them out all the time.
They are basically the AH-A100 without the wood.
which is better for fps gaming m50 or d1100, which is more accurate and which has a bigger soundstage
I feel like the d1100 will have an exaggerated soundstagepost #34 of 5411/13/11 at 8:01pm
wait crap are these headphones sibilant? more than the M50's? I hope not cause I love the M50's because I can blast them as loud as I want as opposed to my more sibilant HD25's, the MS400 wasn't sibilant, but the forward mids would limit the volume a little more than the M50'spost #35 of 5411/16/11 at 6:01pm
The D1100s are sibilant for the first few hours or so, but that goes away fast. If you want them to be better for gaming, I have posted a thread describing how to bring down the bass to acceptable levels. http://www.head-fi.org/t/580669/denon-ah-d1100-modding
Quote:Originally Posted by WakiDabeast
wait crap are these headphones sibilant? more than the M50's? I hope not cause I love the M50's because I can blast them as loud as I want as opposed to my more sibilant HD25's, the MS400 wasn't sibilant, but the forward mids would limit the volume a little more than the M50'spost #36 of 5412/20/11 at 7:41pmpost #37 of 5412/20/11 at 8:21pm
The D1100's bass can be both, depends on the recording... The soundstage is very good for a closed headphone.
Quote:post #38 of 5412/17/12 at 3:03pmpost #39 of 5412/17/12 at 5:25pm
I have these can's and love them, the problem is that:
1) They are heavier then my CAL's
2) They don't sound a magnitude better then my CAL's
Therefore my CAL's get used much, much more and I adore them. The D1100's are great but not for their price.post #40 of 5412/18/12 at 6:16ampost #41 of 545/18/13 at 1:19pm
The Denon D1100 are really underrated in my opinion. They have amazing bass response, extends low and punchy without over emphasised. Their mids are warm and highs are clear. The build quality is actually better than a lot of people says. I've used them for over a year now with heavy usage, and they have held together very well with only slight signs of wear.
Their soundstage as said before is just amazing. Great depth and sense of space. They are not uncomfortable at all, in fact I find them more comfortable than the M50 or DT770. For around £100 they are a no brainer. They suit bass heavy music and film soundtracks brilliantly, and soundstage only can be matched by its bigger and discontinued brothers D2000, D5000 D7000.post #42 of 545/20/13 at 1:06am
Thumbs down for the D1100s. Had them for a few months but it was clear early on that they were no real match for the M50s on a number of fronts. The bass is heavy and loose, mids lack masses of detail and the highs are just 'ok'. Wouldn't even really describe them as a bargain, just a good to average headphone for the money. The M50s are not quite as comfortable but in terms of sound reproduction they are more neutral, have better detailing in the mids and much more natural presentation in the highs.post #43 of 5411/25/13 at 8:43amHello guys!
I found the Denon AH-D1100 approximately € 70. The recommended?
I own the CAL also ... what is the difference between the two? They only lower than the CAL or what?
I also have the JVC S500 and FiiO e10.
thankspost #44 of 5411/27/13 at 2:44ampost #45 of 5411/27/13 at 3:02am
What I recommend you do is have a ponder in our discovery thread were some of the members are enjoying the $100 USD Yamaha HPH-200 and read some impressions.
Far as I can tell this thread is basically in 'zombie mode' which is not a good sign.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ****Denon AH-D1100 Review**** - The M50 killer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AKG k550 alternate ear pads? 51 seconds ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 7 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 minutes ago
- › Price Dropped LCD-3F 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...