- 9 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10i Audiophile Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple Control (Copper)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Klipsch image X10 vs Sony XBA-4 vs TripleFi 10 Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OY! Budget 10-200$, looking for decent IEMs or earphones. Cheers! Last post on 6/21/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Klipsch x10i vs Re-Zero Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM's ? Last post on 9/10/10 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Received my Klipsch X10 Image... Last post on 7/26/10 at 10:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have only heard the x10 and the Eterna. The x10 has a huge mid bass bump but its highs roll of way too soon for my likings. The impact is maybe slightly warmer than the Eternas but about more in power, if my audio memory is correct that it. Joker should be able to help you out though. He has heard all these and 138 more critically. LOL. And BTW what do you mean by reference point? All these are far from neutral reference quality.
Thanks. It's interesting to know it's comparable to the Eterna in bass response. That would put it in basshead territory. When I said reference point, I meant the reviews weren't comparing it to other IEMs. Admittedly I was referring to the Amazon reviews. I've since dug up some old threads here at head-fi, but I'm still not absolutely certain that it will meet my expectations, coming from basshead IEMs.
I have X10i which is basically the Iphone version of the X10. Smaller PMPs like Sanza Clip+ would not be able to drive X10 well and as a result the bass response is weak and the high gets rolled off. But when the PMP is powerful enough like e.g. Cowon J3 or Zen Touch 2 the X10 has plenty of bass that is very well balanced across all the spectrums. Other IEMs like IE8 or MD may appear to have more bass but X10 is a lot more better balanced and clear. If you are not prepared to spend on a good PMP or a portable AMP, don't get the X10.
The X10 has less bass than the IE8 and the Eternas. It has more than the Hippo VB.
X10's midbass is strong, but not as crispy as some others like the Metro.Fi series. Has a bit less impact than the Turbine Vanilla.
The sub bass is sorta there but not really. Extension isn't all that great, but not surprising as not many IEMs can really go that low.
You get that impression? I've got the Metro.Fi 170 and 220 and to me they're both essentially garbage across the whole frequency range in comparison to X10 (except maybe the highest audible bands), and completely lack detail and separation - and I'm not saying that just because they're cheap. X10's separation of bottom end and mid-bass is one of it's strengths IMO.
X10 may not be able to hit the lows of IE8, but it is still a very heavy hitting bass response iem - I don't know if they actually hit their claimed freq. response of 5hz but they definitely go very low. I remember reading a review where someone claimed they tested a response out of them at 12hz.
The bass on Image X10 is deep and very smooth but some tracks feels extra smooth in bass region. The Custom 3 Bass is crispier, it's goes deeper and more punchy with greater details in midrange area.
Edited by ZARIM - 4/25/11 at 7:48am
- Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Audioengine D1 DAC/Integrated Amplifier 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 35 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 46 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 or Sennheiser Momentum 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › dCS Debussy DAC - MINT condition - less than 50 hours - 220V or 110V 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Rega Isis Valve CD Player 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 4 minutes ago
- › Nexus 5 Sound Quality? 4 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)