- 9 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10i Audiophile Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple Control (Copper)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Klipsch image X10 vs Sony XBA-4 vs TripleFi 10 Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OY! Budget 10-200$, looking for decent IEMs or earphones. Cheers! Last post on 6/21/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Klipsch x10i vs Re-Zero Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM's ? Last post on 9/10/10 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Received my Klipsch X10 Image... Last post on 7/26/10 at 10:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have only heard the x10 and the Eterna. The x10 has a huge mid bass bump but its highs roll of way too soon for my likings. The impact is maybe slightly warmer than the Eternas but about more in power, if my audio memory is correct that it. Joker should be able to help you out though. He has heard all these and 138 more critically. LOL. And BTW what do you mean by reference point? All these are far from neutral reference quality.
Thanks. It's interesting to know it's comparable to the Eterna in bass response. That would put it in basshead territory. When I said reference point, I meant the reviews weren't comparing it to other IEMs. Admittedly I was referring to the Amazon reviews. I've since dug up some old threads here at head-fi, but I'm still not absolutely certain that it will meet my expectations, coming from basshead IEMs.
I have X10i which is basically the Iphone version of the X10. Smaller PMPs like Sanza Clip+ would not be able to drive X10 well and as a result the bass response is weak and the high gets rolled off. But when the PMP is powerful enough like e.g. Cowon J3 or Zen Touch 2 the X10 has plenty of bass that is very well balanced across all the spectrums. Other IEMs like IE8 or MD may appear to have more bass but X10 is a lot more better balanced and clear. If you are not prepared to spend on a good PMP or a portable AMP, don't get the X10.
The X10 has less bass than the IE8 and the Eternas. It has more than the Hippo VB.
X10's midbass is strong, but not as crispy as some others like the Metro.Fi series. Has a bit less impact than the Turbine Vanilla.
The sub bass is sorta there but not really. Extension isn't all that great, but not surprising as not many IEMs can really go that low.
You get that impression? I've got the Metro.Fi 170 and 220 and to me they're both essentially garbage across the whole frequency range in comparison to X10 (except maybe the highest audible bands), and completely lack detail and separation - and I'm not saying that just because they're cheap. X10's separation of bottom end and mid-bass is one of it's strengths IMO.
X10 may not be able to hit the lows of IE8, but it is still a very heavy hitting bass response iem - I don't know if they actually hit their claimed freq. response of 5hz but they definitely go very low. I remember reading a review where someone claimed they tested a response out of them at 12hz.
The bass on Image X10 is deep and very smooth but some tracks feels extra smooth in bass region. The Custom 3 Bass is crispier, it's goes deeper and more punchy with greater details in midrange area.
Edited by ZARIM - 4/25/11 at 7:48am
- Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 39 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 49 seconds ago
- › Are the Westone epic cables identical to the one that originally... 1 minute ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suggestions on a $150 budget for strictly music listening 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Internet Speed : ) 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V1 Review - The Little Headphone Amp That Could 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD 800 brand new in the box sealed..... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)