- 9 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10i Audiophile Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple Control (Copper)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Klipsch image X10 vs Sony XBA-4 vs TripleFi 10 Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OY! Budget 10-200$, looking for decent IEMs or earphones. Cheers! Last post on 6/21/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Klipsch x10i vs Re-Zero Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM's ? Last post on 9/10/10 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Received my Klipsch X10 Image... Last post on 7/26/10 at 10:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have only heard the x10 and the Eterna. The x10 has a huge mid bass bump but its highs roll of way too soon for my likings. The impact is maybe slightly warmer than the Eternas but about more in power, if my audio memory is correct that it. Joker should be able to help you out though. He has heard all these and 138 more critically. LOL. And BTW what do you mean by reference point? All these are far from neutral reference quality.
Thanks. It's interesting to know it's comparable to the Eterna in bass response. That would put it in basshead territory. When I said reference point, I meant the reviews weren't comparing it to other IEMs. Admittedly I was referring to the Amazon reviews. I've since dug up some old threads here at head-fi, but I'm still not absolutely certain that it will meet my expectations, coming from basshead IEMs.
I have X10i which is basically the Iphone version of the X10. Smaller PMPs like Sanza Clip+ would not be able to drive X10 well and as a result the bass response is weak and the high gets rolled off. But when the PMP is powerful enough like e.g. Cowon J3 or Zen Touch 2 the X10 has plenty of bass that is very well balanced across all the spectrums. Other IEMs like IE8 or MD may appear to have more bass but X10 is a lot more better balanced and clear. If you are not prepared to spend on a good PMP or a portable AMP, don't get the X10.
The X10 has less bass than the IE8 and the Eternas. It has more than the Hippo VB.
X10's midbass is strong, but not as crispy as some others like the Metro.Fi series. Has a bit less impact than the Turbine Vanilla.
The sub bass is sorta there but not really. Extension isn't all that great, but not surprising as not many IEMs can really go that low.
You get that impression? I've got the Metro.Fi 170 and 220 and to me they're both essentially garbage across the whole frequency range in comparison to X10 (except maybe the highest audible bands), and completely lack detail and separation - and I'm not saying that just because they're cheap. X10's separation of bottom end and mid-bass is one of it's strengths IMO.
X10 may not be able to hit the lows of IE8, but it is still a very heavy hitting bass response iem - I don't know if they actually hit their claimed freq. response of 5hz but they definitely go very low. I remember reading a review where someone claimed they tested a response out of them at 12hz.
The bass on Image X10 is deep and very smooth but some tracks feels extra smooth in bass region. The Custom 3 Bass is crispier, it's goes deeper and more punchy with greater details in midrange area.
Edited by ZARIM - 4/25/11 at 7:48am
- Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Good AMP for Fiio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Copper 4 Conductor Cable (Westone 2-pin) 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 6 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3