- 9 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10i Audiophile Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple Control (Copper)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Klipsch image X10 vs Sony XBA-4 vs TripleFi 10 Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OY! Budget 10-200$, looking for decent IEMs or earphones. Cheers! Last post on 6/21/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Klipsch x10i vs Re-Zero Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM's ? Last post on 9/10/10 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Received my Klipsch X10 Image... Last post on 7/26/10 at 10:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have only heard the x10 and the Eterna. The x10 has a huge mid bass bump but its highs roll of way too soon for my likings. The impact is maybe slightly warmer than the Eternas but about more in power, if my audio memory is correct that it. Joker should be able to help you out though. He has heard all these and 138 more critically. LOL. And BTW what do you mean by reference point? All these are far from neutral reference quality.
Thanks. It's interesting to know it's comparable to the Eterna in bass response. That would put it in basshead territory. When I said reference point, I meant the reviews weren't comparing it to other IEMs. Admittedly I was referring to the Amazon reviews. I've since dug up some old threads here at head-fi, but I'm still not absolutely certain that it will meet my expectations, coming from basshead IEMs.
I have X10i which is basically the Iphone version of the X10. Smaller PMPs like Sanza Clip+ would not be able to drive X10 well and as a result the bass response is weak and the high gets rolled off. But when the PMP is powerful enough like e.g. Cowon J3 or Zen Touch 2 the X10 has plenty of bass that is very well balanced across all the spectrums. Other IEMs like IE8 or MD may appear to have more bass but X10 is a lot more better balanced and clear. If you are not prepared to spend on a good PMP or a portable AMP, don't get the X10.
The X10 has less bass than the IE8 and the Eternas. It has more than the Hippo VB.
X10's midbass is strong, but not as crispy as some others like the Metro.Fi series. Has a bit less impact than the Turbine Vanilla.
The sub bass is sorta there but not really. Extension isn't all that great, but not surprising as not many IEMs can really go that low.
You get that impression? I've got the Metro.Fi 170 and 220 and to me they're both essentially garbage across the whole frequency range in comparison to X10 (except maybe the highest audible bands), and completely lack detail and separation - and I'm not saying that just because they're cheap. X10's separation of bottom end and mid-bass is one of it's strengths IMO.
X10 may not be able to hit the lows of IE8, but it is still a very heavy hitting bass response iem - I don't know if they actually hit their claimed freq. response of 5hz but they definitely go very low. I remember reading a review where someone claimed they tested a response out of them at 12hz.
The bass on Image X10 is deep and very smooth but some tracks feels extra smooth in bass region. The Custom 3 Bass is crispier, it's goes deeper and more punchy with greater details in midrange area.
Edited by ZARIM - 4/25/11 at 7:48am
- Klipsch x10 bass and sub bass compared to other IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 1 minute ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X black hybrid iem 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › need help - small, high power ss amp - Violectric vs. LakePeople... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)