...aside from publicity events? I'd imagine such a great producer wouldn't even use beats for monitoring and such.
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productSkullcandy Hesh Nor Cal Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- What comes on top and in between? Last post on 2/13/11 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-90 just sold for $11,300 on Ebay Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?post #1 of 262/1/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 262/1/11 at 8:25pmpost #3 of 262/1/11 at 9:34pmpost #4 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pm
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..post #5 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pmpost #6 of 262/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #7 of 262/1/11 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by MS3boostin
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..
I've seen Carmelo Anthony wearing custom IEM at the pregame arrival once but mostly he just shows up with cheap headphones. So far I've identified Beats, Sony V700, Skullcandy Hesh, and that white Panasonic headphones. Still baffles me to this day.post #8 of 262/2/11 at 1:24am
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.post #9 of 263/14/12 at 8:54pmpost #10 of 263/14/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by vrln
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.
There's no reason why he should though, they are by no means reference headphones with their immense bass and overall muddy sound. You would think Beats would be more natural and flat sounding because they state that "people are going to hear the music the way the artist does" but that definitely is not the case.post #11 of 263/14/12 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 263/14/12 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 263/14/12 at 9:17pmpost #14 of 263/14/12 at 9:19pmQuote:
If you google reverse image search that image, there are records of it before 2008 (when the beats were introduced), meaning it was taken before beats came out.
However, the image of him using the Audio Technica M50's in the studio has no record before 2008, meaning that picture was most likely taken after the beats were introduced.
This thread is locked
- So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 10 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 59 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO K1--smaller and better for less 6 minutes ago
- › can an amp deafen noise from a DAC? 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear