...aside from publicity events? I'd imagine such a great producer wouldn't even use beats for monitoring and such.
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productSkullcandy Hesh Nor Cal Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- What comes on top and in between? Last post on 2/13/11 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-90 just sold for $11,300 on Ebay Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?post #1 of 262/1/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 262/1/11 at 8:25pmpost #3 of 262/1/11 at 9:34pmpost #4 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pm
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..post #5 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pmpost #6 of 262/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #7 of 262/1/11 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by MS3boostin
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..
I've seen Carmelo Anthony wearing custom IEM at the pregame arrival once but mostly he just shows up with cheap headphones. So far I've identified Beats, Sony V700, Skullcandy Hesh, and that white Panasonic headphones. Still baffles me to this day.post #8 of 262/2/11 at 1:24am
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.post #9 of 263/14/12 at 8:54pmpost #10 of 263/14/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by vrln
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.
There's no reason why he should though, they are by no means reference headphones with their immense bass and overall muddy sound. You would think Beats would be more natural and flat sounding because they state that "people are going to hear the music the way the artist does" but that definitely is not the case.post #11 of 263/14/12 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 263/14/12 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 263/14/12 at 9:17pmpost #14 of 263/14/12 at 9:19pmQuote:
If you google reverse image search that image, there are records of it before 2008 (when the beats were introduced), meaning it was taken before beats came out.
However, the image of him using the Audio Technica M50's in the studio has no record before 2008, meaning that picture was most likely taken after the beats were introduced.
This thread is locked
- So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Needing help with headphone amp information and suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear