...aside from publicity events? I'd imagine such a great producer wouldn't even use beats for monitoring and such.
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productSkullcandy Hesh Nor Cal Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- What comes on top and in between? Last post on 2/13/11 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-90 just sold for $11,300 on Ebay Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
I just bought this headphone this week. In the stores, I tested the headphone selections using Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos version and Spotify's Extreme Quality. MDR-1A was the best during my test in...
So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?post #1 of 262/1/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 262/1/11 at 8:25pmpost #3 of 262/1/11 at 9:34pmpost #4 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pm
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..post #5 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pmpost #6 of 262/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #7 of 262/1/11 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by MS3boostin
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..
I've seen Carmelo Anthony wearing custom IEM at the pregame arrival once but mostly he just shows up with cheap headphones. So far I've identified Beats, Sony V700, Skullcandy Hesh, and that white Panasonic headphones. Still baffles me to this day.post #8 of 262/2/11 at 1:24am
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.post #9 of 263/14/12 at 8:54pmpost #10 of 263/14/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by vrln
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.
There's no reason why he should though, they are by no means reference headphones with their immense bass and overall muddy sound. You would think Beats would be more natural and flat sounding because they state that "people are going to hear the music the way the artist does" but that definitely is not the case.post #11 of 263/14/12 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 263/14/12 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 263/14/12 at 9:17pmpost #14 of 263/14/12 at 9:19pmQuote:
If you google reverse image search that image, there are records of it before 2008 (when the beats were introduced), meaning it was taken before beats came out.
However, the image of him using the Audio Technica M50's in the studio has no record before 2008, meaning that picture was most likely taken after the beats were introduced.
This thread is locked
- So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Comfortable IEM for laptop with onboard sound 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Focal Elear 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...