...aside from publicity events? I'd imagine such a great producer wouldn't even use beats for monitoring and such.
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 2/2/11
- productSkullcandy Hesh Nor Cal Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- What comes on top and in between? Last post on 2/13/11 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-90 just sold for $11,300 on Ebay Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
The Head-Fi website is a place for many good things related to headphones, amplifiers, Digital Audio Players (DAPS), and many more items. Manufacturers will often promote their new items on the...
So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?post #1 of 262/1/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 262/1/11 at 8:25pmpost #3 of 262/1/11 at 9:34pmpost #4 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pm
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..post #5 of 262/1/11 at 9:39pmpost #6 of 262/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #7 of 262/1/11 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by MS3boostin
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..
I've seen Carmelo Anthony wearing custom IEM at the pregame arrival once but mostly he just shows up with cheap headphones. So far I've identified Beats, Sony V700, Skullcandy Hesh, and that white Panasonic headphones. Still baffles me to this day.post #8 of 262/2/11 at 1:24am
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.post #9 of 263/14/12 at 8:54pmpost #10 of 263/14/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by vrln
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.
There's no reason why he should though, they are by no means reference headphones with their immense bass and overall muddy sound. You would think Beats would be more natural and flat sounding because they state that "people are going to hear the music the way the artist does" but that definitely is not the case.post #11 of 263/14/12 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 263/14/12 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 263/14/12 at 9:17pmpost #14 of 263/14/12 at 9:19pmQuote:
If you google reverse image search that image, there are records of it before 2008 (when the beats were introduced), meaning it was taken before beats came out.
However, the image of him using the Audio Technica M50's in the studio has no record before 2008, meaning that picture was most likely taken after the beats were introduced.
This thread is locked
- So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › coffee gadgets... just now
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 3 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 31 seconds ago
- › KGSShv Carbon - hows it sound with the 009s? 39 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 5 minutes ago
- › Blind Testing (O/T conversation moved from HD600 thread) 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse