Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? - Page 7

post #91 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

 


Thank you sir!

 


 


Yes plenty! Also bought Gradofan2's Stax SR323s amp and expecting it soon. Can finally listen to my 007s. It's a good day =)

 

 

OK, I won't get this OT anymore =)  If the Q701s drop in price, I might give them a try. I really liked the K701s, but the biggest problem was the upper mids and lower mids balance. It seems they changed those parts of sound. EQ can probably fix the treble issue since a 5 db bump in treble is easier to cure without phasing issues in a good linear phase EQ.

 


$279.99 is the lower price on ebay.

 

post #92 of 224

Never saw this thread....

 

Eventually I'll compare the Q701 to the K702 that I have.

 

I have two HD800s that sound markedly different, so I'm still not sure that they are actually different designs, but who knows.... I was never saying that I knew definitively that they were the same.  What I was expressing is that AKG stated they were.

 

 

post #93 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Never saw this thread....

 

Eventually I'll compare the Q701 to the K702 that I have.

 

I have two HD800s that sound markedly different, so I'm still not sure that they are actually different designs, but who knows.... I was never saying that I knew definitively that they were the same.  What I was expressing is that AKG stated they were.

 

 




Maybe they dont want to to lose potential clients.

post #94 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Never saw this thread....

 

Eventually I'll compare the Q701 to the K702 that I have.

 

I have two HD800s that sound markedly different, so I'm still not sure that they are actually different designs, but who knows.... I was never saying that I knew definitively that they were the same.  What I was expressing is that AKG stated they were.

 

 

I'd appreciate that as well...I'm saving up for some gear and eventually new cans are on the list and I'm stuck with what to get in the family. Thanks for taking the time to do this :)
 

 

post #95 of 224

Sorry to bump an old thread, but are people certain that the K701 and K702s are the exact same besides the color and detachable cables?  According to this graph, the K702 have better bass (even better than Sennheiser HD600).  Can anyone verify/disprove this from personal experience?  

 

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=703&graphID%5B1%5D=2621&graphID%5B2%5D=573&graphID%5B3%5D=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones

 

 

Thanks.

 

 

post #96 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly View Post

Sorry to bump an old thread, but are people certain that the K701 and K702s are the exact same besides the color and detachable cables?  According to this graph, the K702 have better bass (even better than Sennheiser HD600).  Can anyone verify/disprove this from personal experience?  

 

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=703&graphID%5B1%5D=2621&graphID%5B2%5D=573&graphID%5B3%5D=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones

 

 

Thanks.

 

 

 

Graphs are not the only measurement ...  after burning in, the diferences between K701/702 Q701 are not exactly hearable

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=703&graphID[]=2621&graphID[]=2931&graphID[]=573
 

You could look for the AKG service manuals and compair them

http://www.akg.com/site/powerslave,id,7,nodeid,7,_language,EN,cat,11.html

post #97 of 224

are they done yet expoliting the original K701 design? when should we be expecting a real K701MkII?

post #98 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgear View Post

are they done yet expoliting the original K701 design? when should we be expecting a real K701MkII?



When people stop hearing huge difference between the same phone.

post #99 of 224

I compared the K702 service manual BoM to the Q701 service manual BoM.

Take a look at items #14 and 15 and compare them.

 

Q701 has an additional "Cardan Piece"

I have no idea what it does but the K702 has one "Cardan Piece", the Q has two.


Edited by Chris J - 1/13/12 at 4:10pm
post #100 of 224

If you compare the actuell service manuals, you will found that the capsules now have a different order number (at the first Q701 manual this number are the same as from K702).

 

The capsules are specially selected for the Q701.

 

At this time I perfer my Q701 ahead of my D7000 and K701.

 

At some music I have the feeling the D7000 discolored a little bit and

 

the Q701 have a little bit better resolution than the K701 (in additon I say'd above) thist both statements are very subjetive to grade.

 

Each human have a bit other hearing-impact with headphones - the interaction from capsule, pads, interspace, auricle (sitting position, partially mask of auricle with pads, ...) are different from people to people - this explains the different ratings in comparison tests.

 

With loudspeakers the influence is not so high in this case.

 

 


Edited by FritzS - 1/13/12 at 9:49pm
post #101 of 224

So since I like the design on the K701 better, I should rather go with that instead of the Q701, when the price is identical?

post #102 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigawattz View Post

So since I like the design on the K701 better, I should rather go with that instead of the Q701, when the price is identical?



No, the Q701s sound different than the K701s.

Mechanically, the enclosures are different.

My advice is you need to figure out what sound you prefer..................just my two cents worth.

I can tell you I'm quite happy with the sound of my Qs.

 

post #103 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

I can tell you I'm quite happy with the sound of my Qs.

 



Yes ... I cold say'd too smily_headphones1.gif

 

If I have a chance to get an K1000 for test (this chance look like very good) ... I will compair Q701 with K1000

post #104 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzS View Post



Yes ... I cold say'd too smily_headphones1.gif

 

If I have a chance to get an K1000 for test (this chance look like very good) ... I will compair Q701 with K1000



I've compared the K-1000 to the K702 on the Bottlehead tube amp and I love the sound of the K-1000 but for me the sound was a bit raw with less bass, and roll-off treble compared to the K702...So I've got a huge sound stage out of the K-1000 with a centric upper mids that in away remind me the DT-48E upper mids.

post #105 of 224

I'm seriously considering changing my K701's for a pair of Q701's since they seem to improve upon my biggest complaint about the K701's, namely the lack of warmth! Not only have I read it from several people here, but I also read a review from the swedish magazine "Ljud & Bild" and they also claim that the Q701's are warmer and fuller-sounding than the K701's.

The detachable cable is also a nice plus normal_smile%20.gif 

The downside is however that they're still using that **** headband from hell mad.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?