Col cool thanks all! So how can I achieve virtual surround, etc. Also I was thinking of going with the K702.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/8/11
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 2/2/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- URGENT!!! AKG k702 vs k701 Last post on 5/5/11 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? - Page 11post #151 of 2376/8/12 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2376/8/12 at 9:36pmpost #153 of 2376/8/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
I also recently purchased a black Q701, after owning a pair of K702, then a pair of K701, and then a pair of K701......
do you have that love/hate thing going with these?post #154 of 2376/8/12 at 10:25pmQuote:
I became a speaker guy for a while and sold most of my headphones. I just recently became interested again since I am a loyal AKG fan and they released a new headphone. I also bought a Grado GS1000 on an impulse since I never tried them before. Also after owning two pairs of K1000s, I was thinking about trying it again.post #155 of 2376/8/12 at 10:36pmQuote:
If you're on a console, your options are Astro Mixamp, Turtle Beach DSS, and Tritton AX720.
If you're on PC, I'd look at one of the Asus Xonar soundcards.post #156 of 2376/9/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Thanks for that heads up, but which SS amp do you recommend?post #157 of 2376/10/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
A lot of the Q701 and K70x folks use the Matrix M Stage.
It has great synergy with those 'phones.
You can't go wrong with a pair of Q701s and the mighty, mighty Matrix M S.post #158 of 2376/10/12 at 6:54pmpost #159 of 2376/10/12 at 6:56pm
I am pretty sure that almost everyone at Head-Fi who owns the M-Stage also owns a set of AKG's.
It may not work vice-versa, though.post #160 of 2376/10/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
haha! Always seems that way. I don't have one though. Love my AKGs though. I always think they sound a lot better with a balanced amp. Seems one great thing about AKGs is their scalability.post #161 of 2376/10/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
what is an m-stage?post #162 of 2376/10/12 at 9:20pm
This is true.
The Matrix M-Stage is, I imagine, by far the most popularly paired amp with the AKG K/Q701 headphones on Head-Fi; it is a solid-state amplifier that sells for ~$250 from TamAudio.post #163 of 2376/10/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
oh nice, does it add 5.1 or anything cool?post #164 of 2376/10/12 at 9:44pm
- AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 40 seconds ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10U - MINT - inc shipping and PP fees 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › reducing my gear 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...