Col cool thanks all! So how can I achieve virtual surround, etc. Also I was thinking of going with the K702.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/8/11
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 2/2/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What to do (AKG K701 related)? Last post on 1/16/12 at 4:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How does the Burson HA-160 do with AKG K702 phones? Last post on 11/30/11 at 4:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? - Page 11post #151 of 2196/8/12 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2196/8/12 at 9:36pmpost #153 of 2196/8/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
I also recently purchased a black Q701, after owning a pair of K702, then a pair of K701, and then a pair of K701......
do you have that love/hate thing going with these?post #154 of 2196/8/12 at 10:25pmQuote:
I became a speaker guy for a while and sold most of my headphones. I just recently became interested again since I am a loyal AKG fan and they released a new headphone. I also bought a Grado GS1000 on an impulse since I never tried them before. Also after owning two pairs of K1000s, I was thinking about trying it again.post #155 of 2196/8/12 at 10:36pmQuote:
If you're on a console, your options are Astro Mixamp, Turtle Beach DSS, and Tritton AX720.
If you're on PC, I'd look at one of the Asus Xonar soundcards.post #156 of 2196/9/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Thanks for that heads up, but which SS amp do you recommend?post #157 of 2196/10/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
A lot of the Q701 and K70x folks use the Matrix M Stage.
It has great synergy with those 'phones.
You can't go wrong with a pair of Q701s and the mighty, mighty Matrix M S.post #158 of 2196/10/12 at 6:54pmpost #159 of 2196/10/12 at 6:56pm
I am pretty sure that almost everyone at Head-Fi who owns the M-Stage also owns a set of AKG's.
It may not work vice-versa, though.post #160 of 2196/10/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
haha! Always seems that way. I don't have one though. Love my AKGs though. I always think they sound a lot better with a balanced amp. Seems one great thing about AKGs is their scalability.post #161 of 2196/10/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
what is an m-stage?post #162 of 2196/10/12 at 9:20pm
This is true.
The Matrix M-Stage is, I imagine, by far the most popularly paired amp with the AKG K/Q701 headphones on Head-Fi; it is a solid-state amplifier that sells for ~$250 from TamAudio.post #163 of 2196/10/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
oh nice, does it add 5.1 or anything cool?post #164 of 2196/10/12 at 9:44pm
- AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 35 seconds ago
- › I swallowed the pill and now I'm deep in the rabbit hole............ 54 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude