Col cool thanks all! So how can I achieve virtual surround, etc. Also I was thinking of going with the K702.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/8/11
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 2/2/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- URGENT!!! AKG k702 vs k701 Last post on 5/5/11 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? - Page 11post #151 of 2376/8/12 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2376/8/12 at 9:36pmpost #153 of 2376/8/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
I also recently purchased a black Q701, after owning a pair of K702, then a pair of K701, and then a pair of K701......
do you have that love/hate thing going with these?post #154 of 2376/8/12 at 10:25pmQuote:
I became a speaker guy for a while and sold most of my headphones. I just recently became interested again since I am a loyal AKG fan and they released a new headphone. I also bought a Grado GS1000 on an impulse since I never tried them before. Also after owning two pairs of K1000s, I was thinking about trying it again.post #155 of 2376/8/12 at 10:36pmQuote:
If you're on a console, your options are Astro Mixamp, Turtle Beach DSS, and Tritton AX720.
If you're on PC, I'd look at one of the Asus Xonar soundcards.post #156 of 2376/9/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Thanks for that heads up, but which SS amp do you recommend?post #157 of 2376/10/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
A lot of the Q701 and K70x folks use the Matrix M Stage.
It has great synergy with those 'phones.
You can't go wrong with a pair of Q701s and the mighty, mighty Matrix M S.post #158 of 2376/10/12 at 6:54pmpost #159 of 2376/10/12 at 6:56pm
I am pretty sure that almost everyone at Head-Fi who owns the M-Stage also owns a set of AKG's.
It may not work vice-versa, though.post #160 of 2376/10/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
haha! Always seems that way. I don't have one though. Love my AKGs though. I always think they sound a lot better with a balanced amp. Seems one great thing about AKGs is their scalability.post #161 of 2376/10/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
what is an m-stage?post #162 of 2376/10/12 at 9:20pm
This is true.
The Matrix M-Stage is, I imagine, by far the most popularly paired amp with the AKG K/Q701 headphones on Head-Fi; it is a solid-state amplifier that sells for ~$250 from TamAudio.post #163 of 2376/10/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
oh nice, does it add 5.1 or anything cool?post #164 of 2376/10/12 at 9:44pm
- AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 24 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for High Quality Voice Recording Using Internal Mic(s) 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › ath a900x cheaper alternative please help 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...