Col cool thanks all! So how can I achieve virtual surround, etc. Also I was thinking of going with the K702.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/8/11
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 2/2/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- URGENT!!! AKG k702 vs k701 Last post on 5/5/11 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? - Page 11post #151 of 2376/8/12 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2376/8/12 at 9:36pmpost #153 of 2376/8/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
I also recently purchased a black Q701, after owning a pair of K702, then a pair of K701, and then a pair of K701......
do you have that love/hate thing going with these?post #154 of 2376/8/12 at 10:25pmQuote:
I became a speaker guy for a while and sold most of my headphones. I just recently became interested again since I am a loyal AKG fan and they released a new headphone. I also bought a Grado GS1000 on an impulse since I never tried them before. Also after owning two pairs of K1000s, I was thinking about trying it again.post #155 of 2376/8/12 at 10:36pmQuote:
If you're on a console, your options are Astro Mixamp, Turtle Beach DSS, and Tritton AX720.
If you're on PC, I'd look at one of the Asus Xonar soundcards.post #156 of 2376/9/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Thanks for that heads up, but which SS amp do you recommend?post #157 of 2376/10/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
A lot of the Q701 and K70x folks use the Matrix M Stage.
It has great synergy with those 'phones.
You can't go wrong with a pair of Q701s and the mighty, mighty Matrix M S.post #158 of 2376/10/12 at 6:54pmpost #159 of 2376/10/12 at 6:56pm
I am pretty sure that almost everyone at Head-Fi who owns the M-Stage also owns a set of AKG's.
It may not work vice-versa, though.post #160 of 2376/10/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
haha! Always seems that way. I don't have one though. Love my AKGs though. I always think they sound a lot better with a balanced amp. Seems one great thing about AKGs is their scalability.post #161 of 2376/10/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
what is an m-stage?post #162 of 2376/10/12 at 9:20pm
This is true.
The Matrix M-Stage is, I imagine, by far the most popularly paired amp with the AKG K/Q701 headphones on Head-Fi; it is a solid-state amplifier that sells for ~$250 from TamAudio.post #163 of 2376/10/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
oh nice, does it add 5.1 or anything cool?post #164 of 2376/10/12 at 9:44pm
- AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Unique Wood Grain Photos 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 in excellent condition 3 minutes ago
- › Help me upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse