Col cool thanks all! So how can I achieve virtual surround, etc. Also I was thinking of going with the K702.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/8/11
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 2/2/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- URGENT!!! AKG k702 vs k701 Last post on 5/5/11 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? - Page 11post #151 of 2346/8/12 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2346/8/12 at 9:36pmpost #153 of 2346/8/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
I also recently purchased a black Q701, after owning a pair of K702, then a pair of K701, and then a pair of K701......
do you have that love/hate thing going with these?post #154 of 2346/8/12 at 10:25pmQuote:
I became a speaker guy for a while and sold most of my headphones. I just recently became interested again since I am a loyal AKG fan and they released a new headphone. I also bought a Grado GS1000 on an impulse since I never tried them before. Also after owning two pairs of K1000s, I was thinking about trying it again.post #155 of 2346/8/12 at 10:36pmQuote:
If you're on a console, your options are Astro Mixamp, Turtle Beach DSS, and Tritton AX720.
If you're on PC, I'd look at one of the Asus Xonar soundcards.post #156 of 2346/9/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Thanks for that heads up, but which SS amp do you recommend?post #157 of 2346/10/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
A lot of the Q701 and K70x folks use the Matrix M Stage.
It has great synergy with those 'phones.
You can't go wrong with a pair of Q701s and the mighty, mighty Matrix M S.post #158 of 2346/10/12 at 6:54pmpost #159 of 2346/10/12 at 6:56pm
I am pretty sure that almost everyone at Head-Fi who owns the M-Stage also owns a set of AKG's.
It may not work vice-versa, though.post #160 of 2346/10/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
haha! Always seems that way. I don't have one though. Love my AKGs though. I always think they sound a lot better with a balanced amp. Seems one great thing about AKGs is their scalability.post #161 of 2346/10/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
what is an m-stage?post #162 of 2346/10/12 at 9:20pm
This is true.
The Matrix M-Stage is, I imagine, by far the most popularly paired amp with the AKG K/Q701 headphones on Head-Fi; it is a solid-state amplifier that sells for ~$250 from TamAudio.post #163 of 2346/10/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
oh nice, does it add 5.1 or anything cool?post #164 of 2346/10/12 at 9:44pm
- AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 5 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 16 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 17 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 19 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2