so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn.
Related Forum Threads
- New Gaming/Music Headphones Under $150 Last post on 3/5/11 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- help me find gaming headphones+amp for under $200? Last post on 2/21/11 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!post #1 of 301/31/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 301/31/11 at 8:31pm
yea i like some of those pads on the turtle beaches headsets a lot. i was actually thinking of blowing 65 bucks on a pair x11's myself at a walmart i was at just for the ear pads to put on my akg's lol.
i think turtle beach should start selling their pads separate from each model. they only sell the HPA2/HPX ear pads which are alright
EDIT: nevermind. i found them for 1.95 an earpad! i'm sooooo ordering nowpost #3 of 301/31/11 at 8:36pmQuote:
Wanna share the link? =]
I would very much like looking into buying a different set of pads for the M50S.post #4 of 301/31/11 at 8:39pm
sure. it's on their website
i see even they sell the x41 earpads for same price.
post #5 of 301/31/11 at 8:48pm
Im not so sure that the x41 will fit. They look smaller than the x11.... The x11 looks like its almost the perfect fit. But I wouldn't know because I'm judging based on the pictures.
post #6 of 301/31/11 at 9:32pmThread Starterpost #7 of 301/31/11 at 11:47pmpost #8 of 302/1/11 at 10:26ampost #9 of 302/1/11 at 10:34am
How's the sound signature? Does it change any with the X11 pads?
I've tried a few replacements pads already, the SRH840 and DT250 pads, they all changed the sound, for the worse.
Quote:Originally Posted by ssavage
so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn.post #10 of 302/1/11 at 4:17pm
Well maybe you should try them out.. only 2 bucks a pop.
I still have to get my M50's and burn them in before testing any pads...
Maybe it will be for the better, maybe for the worse. Someone has to test them..post #11 of 303/6/11 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 303/8/11 at 11:45pmpost #13 of 303/9/11 at 12:53am
I ordered 3 sets of different pads from them. I bet they're wondering why orders for their pads have skyrocketed all of a sudden. Head-fi has a way of creating sales spikes.post #14 of 303/9/11 at 11:31pmpost #15 of 303/9/11 at 11:38pm
I didn't get the X11 by mistake I got a couple others, the X41 and X31 pads and I'm not sure which is which but I got one of them to fit though it is tight. I'm guessing the sound is about the same because I think they're made of the same material. I don't like the sound, it's a lot brighter and less bass. I could see some people liking it if that's what they want for their M50. It's pretty much what I was expecting because they are cloth pads so they don't seal the same way. They are also thicker which makes a nice soundstage effect, but the clamp is really intense. Could be remedied by flattening the pads or bending out the headband, but I'm sticking with the stock pads.
Maybe the X11 pads work better though.
- Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › PayPal woes - Alternatives (Google Wallet, etc)?? 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 12 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 14 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 14 minutes ago
- › A new member ! 15 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 16 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...