so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn.
Related Forum Threads
- New Gaming/Music Headphones Under $150 Last post on 3/5/11 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- help me find gaming headphones+amp for under $200? Last post on 2/21/11 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!post #1 of 301/31/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 301/31/11 at 8:31pm
yea i like some of those pads on the turtle beaches headsets a lot. i was actually thinking of blowing 65 bucks on a pair x11's myself at a walmart i was at just for the ear pads to put on my akg's lol.
i think turtle beach should start selling their pads separate from each model. they only sell the HPA2/HPX ear pads which are alright
EDIT: nevermind. i found them for 1.95 an earpad! i'm sooooo ordering nowpost #3 of 301/31/11 at 8:36pmQuote:
Wanna share the link? =]
I would very much like looking into buying a different set of pads for the M50S.post #4 of 301/31/11 at 8:39pm
sure. it's on their website
i see even they sell the x41 earpads for same price.
post #5 of 301/31/11 at 8:48pm
Im not so sure that the x41 will fit. They look smaller than the x11.... The x11 looks like its almost the perfect fit. But I wouldn't know because I'm judging based on the pictures.
post #6 of 301/31/11 at 9:32pmThread Starterpost #7 of 301/31/11 at 11:47pmpost #8 of 302/1/11 at 10:26ampost #9 of 302/1/11 at 10:34am
How's the sound signature? Does it change any with the X11 pads?
I've tried a few replacements pads already, the SRH840 and DT250 pads, they all changed the sound, for the worse.
Quote:Originally Posted by ssavage
so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn.post #10 of 302/1/11 at 4:17pm
Well maybe you should try them out.. only 2 bucks a pop.
I still have to get my M50's and burn them in before testing any pads...
Maybe it will be for the better, maybe for the worse. Someone has to test them..post #11 of 303/6/11 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 303/8/11 at 11:45pmpost #13 of 303/9/11 at 12:53am
I ordered 3 sets of different pads from them. I bet they're wondering why orders for their pads have skyrocketed all of a sudden. Head-fi has a way of creating sales spikes.post #14 of 303/9/11 at 11:31pmpost #15 of 303/9/11 at 11:38pm
I didn't get the X11 by mistake I got a couple others, the X41 and X31 pads and I'm not sure which is which but I got one of them to fit though it is tight. I'm guessing the sound is about the same because I think they're made of the same material. I don't like the sound, it's a lot brighter and less bass. I could see some people liking it if that's what they want for their M50. It's pretty much what I was expecting because they are cloth pads so they don't seal the same way. They are also thicker which makes a nice soundstage effect, but the clamp is really intense. Could be remedied by flattening the pads or bending out the headband, but I'm sticking with the stock pads.
Maybe the X11 pads work better though.
- Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!
- Headphone Impedance
- › help!!! portable version of grado? 4 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 48 seconds ago
- › Fitear f111 vs 334 51 seconds ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 | Adel A10/ A12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 4 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3