so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn.
Related Forum Threads
- New Gaming/Music Headphones Under $150 Last post on 3/5/11 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- help me find gaming headphones+amp for under $200? Last post on 2/21/11 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!post #1 of 301/31/11 at 8:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 301/31/11 at 8:31pm
yea i like some of those pads on the turtle beaches headsets a lot. i was actually thinking of blowing 65 bucks on a pair x11's myself at a walmart i was at just for the ear pads to put on my akg's lol.
i think turtle beach should start selling their pads separate from each model. they only sell the HPA2/HPX ear pads which are alright
EDIT: nevermind. i found them for 1.95 an earpad! i'm sooooo ordering nowpost #3 of 301/31/11 at 8:36pmQuote:
Wanna share the link? =]
I would very much like looking into buying a different set of pads for the M50S.post #4 of 301/31/11 at 8:39pm
sure. it's on their website
i see even they sell the x41 earpads for same price.
post #5 of 301/31/11 at 8:48pm
Im not so sure that the x41 will fit. They look smaller than the x11.... The x11 looks like its almost the perfect fit. But I wouldn't know because I'm judging based on the pictures.
post #6 of 301/31/11 at 9:32pmThread Starterpost #7 of 301/31/11 at 11:47pmpost #8 of 302/1/11 at 10:26ampost #9 of 302/1/11 at 10:34am
How's the sound signature? Does it change any with the X11 pads?
I've tried a few replacements pads already, the SRH840 and DT250 pads, they all changed the sound, for the worse.
Quote:Originally Posted by ssavage
so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn.post #10 of 302/1/11 at 4:17pm
Well maybe you should try them out.. only 2 bucks a pop.
I still have to get my M50's and burn them in before testing any pads...
Maybe it will be for the better, maybe for the worse. Someone has to test them..post #11 of 303/6/11 at 9:02pmpost #12 of 303/8/11 at 11:45pmpost #13 of 303/9/11 at 12:53am
I ordered 3 sets of different pads from them. I bet they're wondering why orders for their pads have skyrocketed all of a sudden. Head-fi has a way of creating sales spikes.post #14 of 303/9/11 at 11:31pmpost #15 of 303/9/11 at 11:38pm
I didn't get the X11 by mistake I got a couple others, the X41 and X31 pads and I'm not sure which is which but I got one of them to fit though it is tight. I'm guessing the sound is about the same because I think they're made of the same material. I don't like the sound, it's a lot brighter and less bass. I could see some people liking it if that's what they want for their M50. It's pretty much what I was expecting because they are cloth pads so they don't seal the same way. They are also thicker which makes a nice soundstage effect, but the clamp is really intense. Could be remedied by flattening the pads or bending out the headband, but I'm sticking with the stock pads.
Maybe the X11 pads work better though.
- Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 41 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 50 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a new IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Best neutral headphone amp under 300 but preferably under 200 for... 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Breathable headphones (around ear) for sweaty ears 5 minutes ago
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear