is there any place that sells headphone drivers? just the drivers..
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 2/3/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 2/3/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- n00b experimenting with open headphones / open cans (considering sub $200 Grado's,... Last post on 1/23/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice Requested - Closed back headphones for 8-11 hour sessions of classical / opera via ipod Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best sounding headphone speakers for replacements. Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- How Comparing Headphones Ended In Me Being Strip-Searched: A Lesson In Stupidity Last post on 9/24/11 at 2:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Headphone driverspost #1 of 31/31/11 at 7:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/31/11 at 9:00pm
Several places. Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, Grado.......
Seriously, I've never heard of such a place. If there is, one of the manufacturers would probably have strafed and bombed it by now.post #3 of 32/1/11 at 12:56am
Generally people buy cheap (relatively) headphones and transplant the driver into nicer housing or mod the hell out of them (Fostex T50RP->Thunderpants, Grado SR60i->Woodied+Bilagrado mods, etc)
You'd get better help in the DIY section, I know you can buy drivers from various places.. I remember a thread where someone bought tweeters meant for speakers and used them in headphone housing.
- Headphone drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Are amp/DAC combos worth it 4 seconds ago
- › Hello everyone and first head amp suggestions! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need recommendations for new headphones to replace Sony MDR-V6... 1 minute ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 2 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Competitive Gaming 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2