is there any place that sells headphone drivers? just the drivers..
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 2/3/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 2/3/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- n00b experimenting with open headphones / open cans (considering sub $200 Grado's,... Last post on 1/23/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice Requested - Closed back headphones for 8-11 hour sessions of classical / opera via ipod Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best sounding headphone speakers for replacements. Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- How Comparing Headphones Ended In Me Being Strip-Searched: A Lesson In Stupidity Last post on 9/24/11 at 2:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
Headphone driverspost #1 of 31/31/11 at 7:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/31/11 at 9:00pm
Several places. Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, Grado.......
Seriously, I've never heard of such a place. If there is, one of the manufacturers would probably have strafed and bombed it by now.post #3 of 32/1/11 at 12:56am
Generally people buy cheap (relatively) headphones and transplant the driver into nicer housing or mod the hell out of them (Fostex T50RP->Thunderpants, Grado SR60i->Woodied+Bilagrado mods, etc)
You'd get better help in the DIY section, I know you can buy drivers from various places.. I remember a thread where someone bought tweeters meant for speakers and used them in headphone housing.
- Headphone drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 49 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Bushmill X Grado 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 vs AKG Q701? 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2