is there any place that sells headphone drivers? just the drivers..
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 2/3/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 2/3/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- n00b experimenting with open headphones / open cans (considering sub $200 Grado's,... Last post on 1/23/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice Requested - Closed back headphones for 8-11 hour sessions of classical / opera via ipod Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best sounding headphone speakers for replacements. Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- How Comparing Headphones Ended In Me Being Strip-Searched: A Lesson In Stupidity Last post on 9/24/11 at 2:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
Headphone driverspost #1 of 31/31/11 at 7:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/31/11 at 9:00pm
Several places. Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, Grado.......
Seriously, I've never heard of such a place. If there is, one of the manufacturers would probably have strafed and bombed it by now.post #3 of 32/1/11 at 12:56am
Generally people buy cheap (relatively) headphones and transplant the driver into nicer housing or mod the hell out of them (Fostex T50RP->Thunderpants, Grado SR60i->Woodied+Bilagrado mods, etc)
You'd get better help in the DIY section, I know you can buy drivers from various places.. I remember a thread where someone bought tweeters meant for speakers and used them in headphone housing.
- Headphone drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 33 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring FujiyaAvic Headphone Festival 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse