is there any place that sells headphone drivers? just the drivers..
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 2/3/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 2/3/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 2/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- n00b experimenting with open headphones / open cans (considering sub $200 Grado's,... Last post on 1/23/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice Requested - Closed back headphones for 8-11 hour sessions of classical / opera via ipod Last post on 9/2/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best sounding headphone speakers for replacements. Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- How Comparing Headphones Ended In Me Being Strip-Searched: A Lesson In Stupidity Last post on 9/24/11 at 2:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
Headphone driverspost #1 of 31/31/11 at 7:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/31/11 at 9:00pm
Several places. Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, Grado.......
Seriously, I've never heard of such a place. If there is, one of the manufacturers would probably have strafed and bombed it by now.post #3 of 32/1/11 at 12:56am
Generally people buy cheap (relatively) headphones and transplant the driver into nicer housing or mod the hell out of them (Fostex T50RP->Thunderpants, Grado SR60i->Woodied+Bilagrado mods, etc)
You'd get better help in the DIY section, I know you can buy drivers from various places.. I remember a thread where someone bought tweeters meant for speakers and used them in headphone housing.
- Headphone drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 27 seconds ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990/600 ohm w/ removable mini XLR recable 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMagic HP200 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2