Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beginning to think all this high end stuff is a con.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beginning to think all this high end stuff is a con. - Page 11

post #151 of 174

Yeah obsessing about headphones isn't exactly a "tough guy" pass time.  Plus I'm always amazed at how nice head-fiers seem to be.

post #152 of 174

Not to nice that they don't correct other posters. It's "pastime". wink.gif

post #153 of 174

I was wondering that as I typed it.  Though I do prefer my version.

post #154 of 174

is the OP even in this thread anymore?

post #155 of 174

There are too many with vested interests in this "con". The OP was taken "care" of long ago. ph34r.gif

post #156 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

Not to nice that they don't correct other posters. It's "pastime". wink.gif



Wrong homophone wise-guy wink.gif

post #157 of 174

I have very bad experience from last two weeks. I bought AKG K701, but found out that they are overhyped and very painful to wear. Sounded very thin, too much airy and electric guitars sound lifeless. They had damaged both drivers so I sent them back. They weren't for me, I take it OK.

 

But I got angry and bought K242HD because I wanted something better than my K530Ltd and they aren't many options for good semi-open headphones. Yes, they aren't the best sounding headphones, but I like them. There is written in box: "Sounds better." When I tried them, I said to myself: "Sounds better than what?" Certainly not better than my K530. They use the same drivers, but have very bad earpads which produce weird plastic sound. Maybe that's new chinese invention. Looks like new AKG products are overpriced china joke.

 

I'd like to hear some Denons now.

post #158 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgfan View Post

I have very bad experience from last two weeks. I bought AKG K701, but found out that they are overhyped and very painful to wear. Sounded very thin, too much airy and electric guitars sound lifeless. They had damaged both drivers so I sent them back. They weren't for me, I take it OK.

 

But I got angry and bought K242HD because I wanted something better than my K530Ltd and they aren't many options for good semi-open headphones. Yes, they aren't the best sounding headphones, but I like them. There is written in box: "Sounds better." When I tried them, I said to myself: "Sounds better than what?" Certainly not better than my K530. They use the same drivers, but have very bad earpads which produce weird plastic sound. Maybe that's new chinese invention. Looks like new AKG products are overpriced china joke.

 

I'd like to hear some Denons now.

 

HUH?

 

Anyways, AKGs are designed in Germany. I guess some are made in China. However, I don't think you can call Chinese headphones a "joke" when they clearly make one of the best headphones. The Hifiman HE 6.

 


 

post #159 of 174

No, I call the new AKG headphones made in China joke.

post #160 of 174
I believe AKGs are designed in Austria, not Germany.
post #161 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolink24 View Post

I believe AKGs are designed in Austria, not Germany.


I believe you are right sir.

post #162 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by revolink24 View Post

I believe AKGs are designed in Austria, not Germany.


I believe you are right sir.


My bad. I forgot =)

post #163 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolink24 View Post

I believe AKGs are designed in Austria, not Germany.


The problem lies in neither Austria nor China. It lies with the location of Harmon Clown Corporations headquarters. 3 years after the introduction of their 'new' flagship headphone, the K70*, their sole response to the introduction of at least 5 'world beaters' from their competition has been the Quincy Jones model. Big woop, Clown Corp, big woop.

post #164 of 174

I don't think most people who buy the K701/702 do any research before they buy them. They hear good things, but don't realize the sound that will come out will not be for "everyday listening." Nor do they realize they need a fantastic amp to power them.

post #165 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post

I don't think most people who buy the K701/702 do any research before they buy them. They hear good things, but don't realize the sound that will come out will not be for "everyday listening." Nor do they realize they need a fantastic amp to power them.

 

For a long time, I would have agreed with you, but we still get people with more than 10 posts wanting to know where they can find a 'cheap amp' to power their new K70*, despite the plethora of warnings here. Its not restricted to audio - GM and Ford realised they could sell 'sheep in wolves clothing' years ago and sold Mustangs and Camaros with small six cylinder engines.  High school specials, but still a better investment than a big headphone with a small amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beginning to think all this high end stuff is a con.