I've never heard something lose extension from break in. Less mid bass? yes, but no low reach.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **Which In-Ear Moniter?** (How does the Astrotec AM90 compare) Last post on 6/20/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dilemma: PL50, PR401 or ....? Last post on 2/12/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
maybe it was not properly burned in
a lot of factors come into play like using brown/pink/white noise and constant frequency sweeps
it highly affects the change of sound during the first 20 hours
My burn in method for my previous 3 iem/cans was to let them play random music from my library and continuous pink noise for 5-6 hours followed by 1 hour breaks. This cycle goes for 100 hours.
Anyway, I am not saying bass response is worse now please don't get it wrong. It is actually better to my ears.
Sounds like a step in the right direction. So would you say the bass is tighter or is there just less of it in general?
Ok i have been a head-fi lurker here but it's been so long since the version 2 is released that I have to sign up here hoping to expediete a review/ comparison review a little.
Just a heads up, if any of my Singaporean friends are looking, lendmeurears.com is having a loaner program for ppl in Singapore for V1 n V2!!! So someone please join! I wanna see more reviews!!!! :D
The link is here:
I'm definitely noticing this too. I have about 55 hours of burn in so far using pink noise and shuffling songs on my iPod.
It is amazing to see how the bass response has changed so far. But this change may not satisfy everyone since some are looking for more bass response in v2 while others wants it to stay as it was. Anyway, bass has lost a bit (actually more than a bit) of fullness and extension yet still controlled, detailed and now more balanced & smooth I would say.
I just got these headphones yesterday.
At first they were tight and the bass was muffled. I let them burn in for 24 hours now and they really have opened up. The bass is excellent and I can hear more detail in my music versus the klipsch s4 and cx 500's.
Edited by mdwright1032 - 3/1/11 at 11:25pm
127 Hours of burn-in as I write this haha
23 more hours until I reach the recommended 150. Although to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound already. So I'm not sure how much improvement can be made with another day's worth of burn-in. We'll see.
- New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 54 seconds ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › jpop ...yea looking for a headphone 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › i'd like an open sub $300 pair of headphones with detachable cable... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe