I've never heard something lose extension from break in. Less mid bass? yes, but no low reach.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **Which In-Ear Moniter?** (How does the Astrotec AM90 compare) Last post on 6/20/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dilemma: PL50, PR401 or ....? Last post on 2/12/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2 - Page 8post #106 of 1792/22/11 at 2:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1792/22/11 at 2:29ampost #108 of 1792/22/11 at 2:57amQuote:
maybe it was not properly burned in
a lot of factors come into play like using brown/pink/white noise and constant frequency sweeps
it highly affects the change of sound during the first 20 hourspost #109 of 1792/22/11 at 3:06am
My burn in method for my previous 3 iem/cans was to let them play random music from my library and continuous pink noise for 5-6 hours followed by 1 hour breaks. This cycle goes for 100 hours.
Anyway, I am not saying bass response is worse now please don't get it wrong. It is actually better to my ears.post #110 of 1792/22/11 at 7:47amQuote:
Sounds like a step in the right direction. So would you say the bass is tighter or is there just less of it in general?post #111 of 1792/23/11 at 2:38ampost #112 of 1792/23/11 at 4:29pm
Ok i have been a head-fi lurker here but it's been so long since the version 2 is released that I have to sign up here hoping to expediete a review/ comparison review a little.
Just a heads up, if any of my Singaporean friends are looking, lendmeurears.com is having a loaner program for ppl in Singapore for V1 n V2!!! So someone please join! I wanna see more reviews!!!! :D
The link is here:post #113 of 1792/23/11 at 7:34pm
I'm definitely noticing this too. I have about 55 hours of burn in so far using pink noise and shuffling songs on my iPod.Quote:Originally Posted by bynekm
It is amazing to see how the bass response has changed so far. But this change may not satisfy everyone since some are looking for more bass response in v2 while others wants it to stay as it was. Anyway, bass has lost a bit (actually more than a bit) of fullness and extension yet still controlled, detailed and now more balanced & smooth I would say.post #114 of 1792/24/11 at 9:37ampost #115 of 1793/1/11 at 1:12pmpost #116 of 1793/1/11 at 1:43pmpost #117 of 1793/1/11 at 11:24pm
I just got these headphones yesterday.
At first they were tight and the bass was muffled. I let them burn in for 24 hours now and they really have opened up. The bass is excellent and I can hear more detail in my music versus the klipsch s4 and cx 500's.
Edited by mdwright1032 - 3/1/11 at 11:25pmpost #118 of 1793/3/11 at 4:43am
127 Hours of burn-in as I write this haha
23 more hours until I reach the recommended 150. Although to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound already. So I'm not sure how much improvement can be made with another day's worth of burn-in. We'll see.post #119 of 1793/4/11 at 11:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 8 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear