I've never heard something lose extension from break in. Less mid bass? yes, but no low reach.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **Which In-Ear Moniter?** (How does the Astrotec AM90 compare) Last post on 6/20/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dilemma: PL50, PR401 or ....? Last post on 2/12/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
maybe it was not properly burned in
a lot of factors come into play like using brown/pink/white noise and constant frequency sweeps
it highly affects the change of sound during the first 20 hours
My burn in method for my previous 3 iem/cans was to let them play random music from my library and continuous pink noise for 5-6 hours followed by 1 hour breaks. This cycle goes for 100 hours.
Anyway, I am not saying bass response is worse now please don't get it wrong. It is actually better to my ears.
Sounds like a step in the right direction. So would you say the bass is tighter or is there just less of it in general?
Ok i have been a head-fi lurker here but it's been so long since the version 2 is released that I have to sign up here hoping to expediete a review/ comparison review a little.
Just a heads up, if any of my Singaporean friends are looking, lendmeurears.com is having a loaner program for ppl in Singapore for V1 n V2!!! So someone please join! I wanna see more reviews!!!! :D
The link is here:
I'm definitely noticing this too. I have about 55 hours of burn in so far using pink noise and shuffling songs on my iPod.
It is amazing to see how the bass response has changed so far. But this change may not satisfy everyone since some are looking for more bass response in v2 while others wants it to stay as it was. Anyway, bass has lost a bit (actually more than a bit) of fullness and extension yet still controlled, detailed and now more balanced & smooth I would say.
I just got these headphones yesterday.
At first they were tight and the bass was muffled. I let them burn in for 24 hours now and they really have opened up. The bass is excellent and I can hear more detail in my music versus the klipsch s4 and cx 500's.
Edited by mdwright1032 - 3/1/11 at 11:25pm
127 Hours of burn-in as I write this haha
23 more hours until I reach the recommended 150. Although to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound already. So I'm not sure how much improvement can be made with another day's worth of burn-in. We'll see.
- New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 49 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 3 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 3 minutes ago
- › Quadlon QX50 - Metal housing, dual driver, detechable cable for 39... 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe