I've never heard something lose extension from break in. Less mid bass? yes, but no low reach.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **Which In-Ear Moniter?** (How does the Astrotec AM90 compare) Last post on 6/20/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dilemma: PL50, PR401 or ....? Last post on 2/12/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
maybe it was not properly burned in
a lot of factors come into play like using brown/pink/white noise and constant frequency sweeps
it highly affects the change of sound during the first 20 hours
My burn in method for my previous 3 iem/cans was to let them play random music from my library and continuous pink noise for 5-6 hours followed by 1 hour breaks. This cycle goes for 100 hours.
Anyway, I am not saying bass response is worse now please don't get it wrong. It is actually better to my ears.
Sounds like a step in the right direction. So would you say the bass is tighter or is there just less of it in general?
Ok i have been a head-fi lurker here but it's been so long since the version 2 is released that I have to sign up here hoping to expediete a review/ comparison review a little.
Just a heads up, if any of my Singaporean friends are looking, lendmeurears.com is having a loaner program for ppl in Singapore for V1 n V2!!! So someone please join! I wanna see more reviews!!!! :D
The link is here:
I'm definitely noticing this too. I have about 55 hours of burn in so far using pink noise and shuffling songs on my iPod.
It is amazing to see how the bass response has changed so far. But this change may not satisfy everyone since some are looking for more bass response in v2 while others wants it to stay as it was. Anyway, bass has lost a bit (actually more than a bit) of fullness and extension yet still controlled, detailed and now more balanced & smooth I would say.
I just got these headphones yesterday.
At first they were tight and the bass was muffled. I let them burn in for 24 hours now and they really have opened up. The bass is excellent and I can hear more detail in my music versus the klipsch s4 and cx 500's.
Edited by mdwright1032 - 3/1/11 at 11:25pm
127 Hours of burn-in as I write this haha
23 more hours until I reach the recommended 150. Although to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound already. So I'm not sure how much improvement can be made with another day's worth of burn-in. We'll see.
- New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 12 seconds ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 25 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 40 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 50 seconds ago
- › What are the best BT IEM under 50$? 53 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Musical DAC, Flat DAC ,,,,,,what??!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3