sennheiser ie8 - burn in started, they sound great!... of course, not enought for theirprice, but good anyway.....
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productJVC HA-FX300R In-Ear Headphones (Red)tagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser CX 870 ear canal phonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cheapest Sennheiser IE 8? Last post on 2/6/12 at 1:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Need of IEM Suggestion - $150 Budget - Good All-Rounder Last post on 3/22/11 at 8:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest IEMs to replace CX500, or a place to buy genuine CX500 in UK Last post on 2/10/11 at 11:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
I use these IEM's at work and during travel, it's very easy to transport with the small metal case. It was difficult to achieve the good isolation, i tried 10+ pair of silicon cushions and i...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Not noob, still need help! Read! - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
hm... now about sennheiser ie8... they sound just full and good, sligtly too low on volume, but the myth about the cracklings when you spin the jack is false.... even throught it is made of nichel it does no cracling....
cowon j3 and high definition audio device from a laptop (really that is the name of the sound card)....
they look pretty low at the maximum volume.... i mean still they don;t hurt my ears... i was hoping for hurting at maximum volume....
That's strange coz they are pretty sensitive - maybe your ear pain threshold is different. Or maybe it's just me getting used to the low sensitivity and high impedance of my im716 but the first time I auditioned the ie8 I had the same settings that I have for my im716 and I almost went deaf.
correction - i changed the tips with ones silicone, white from a lot cheaper iems, but these tips are smaller.... it seemes i can go deaf at maximum volume....
ie8 are great, but they have no mid bass hump... or i like it a lot.... i will study this with my cowon j3
anyone, cowon j3 has three options when setting a frequency, wide, narrow, and normal.... what should it be, for 100 hz for ie8 so that they could still sound great?...
If you don't mind their elevated mid/upper bass then just leave them on flat. In case you wanna EQ, I believe the lowest band on your J3 is a low cut filter, so I'd just leave it at 80Hz/normal, try to EQ down a few db and see whether you like it or not.
hm... they sound pretty good, but i will try to eq, maybe it will be better!... anyway don;t really make that big difference for the money, but still they are great!....
i have some flac files, downloaded, they are flac, large, almost huge files, but the bitrate is not variable as i am used to flacs.... are these new ones real flacs, or what?...... please, who knows i really need an answer
- Not noob, still need help! Read!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › [FS] Audio Technica Audiophile ATH-AD2000, NAD VISO HP50, AKG K7XX... 3 minutes ago
- › How do you power high quality low impedance headphones (32 ohms)? 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Noble Audio Savant by WCDchee
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2