at least, does pioneer sound good with psychedelic trance?
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productJVC HA-FX300R In-Ear Headphones (Red)tagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser CX 870 ear canal phonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cheapest Sennheiser IE 8? Last post on 2/6/12 at 1:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Need of IEM Suggestion - $150 Budget - Good All-Rounder Last post on 3/22/11 at 8:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest IEMs to replace CX500, or a place to buy genuine CX500 in UK Last post on 2/10/11 at 11:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Not noob, still need help! Read! - Page 2post #16 of 572/3/11 at 11:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 572/4/11 at 3:12am
LOL, dude, I have to admit that I've listened to psychedelic trance only once on one festival and I was pretty drunk. So, I'm not really sure what exactly is good sounding psychedelic trance? And I didn't know that psychedelic trance can sound good LOL? (sorry for my sense of humor) The pioneer is pretty good overall performer with many genres, so I guess they will sound good with psychedelic trance if that's your cup of tea. I frankly can't imagine someone listening to such music without being wasted and then probably you wouldn't care much about sound quality (LOL sorry for my bad sense of humor again)post #18 of 572/4/11 at 12:31pmThread Starter
that ype of music, at certain volumes, with iems that isolate very well, and that reproduce sound, make you an sensation like you have taken drugs, or that you are drunk.... it's funnyer, and whem i got my iems out of my ears, the sensation stops....
great if you plan to go at school, and have your funny moments, when you start to hate the teacher!...post #19 of 572/4/11 at 1:29pm
My advise is just listen to Joker....if he says get the Pioneers just get them! There really is no better source for a concise opinion. His IEM review thread should really be a website in itselfpost #20 of 572/6/11 at 9:40amThread Starter
i know... pioneer may have some problems with fitting... they have a knob somewhere on a side, and that may cause some problems.... that is what i am worrying about....
i belive that they have a great SQ....post #21 of 572/6/11 at 10:25am
Quote:Originally Posted by kova4a
Well, I think the clx60 is comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty balanced. The bass goes deep enough and is pretty punchy and the good thing is that it isn't bloated, so the midrange isn't affected by it and it's decently clear and smooth. The highs are very good and overall the sound is pretty detailed. The soundstage is above average and the positioning is good. Sorry, about that short review but I am pretty busy.
Pretty much spot. All the OP really needs to know about them sound-wise. I will add that the cable is bad for cold weather as it stiffens as much as any I've come across.
The strain reliefs are long and quite flexible and the "wings" are well thought out and should help keep them secure and they should fit well. The "wings" or "knob" are rubber pieces.post #22 of 572/6/11 at 3:25pmThread Starter
thank you!... this cleared a little my mind.... now, i think that i can cut them down if i really not enjoy.... this is a good thing....and the thing that they are rubber is great because that means that they will not fit bad or something....
about sound i understood that these iems sound cool... i still don't know in wich way, i mean i never seen a completly review, but i guess i will just have to try to know....post #23 of 572/9/11 at 4:04pmThread Starter
it seems that i have no more pioneers in my country, i maked an order, and it will aririve in 2-3 months... from the other iems mentioned, for 100$, is better the sennheiser cx 870, or the jvc ha fx 300?... thank you and have a great day....post #24 of 572/9/11 at 4:31pm
Well, dude, seriously - don't you have any other options? I told you cx870 is super mediocre and would have been a good choice if it was like 20-30 dollars - but for a 100$ iem it sounds very bad. And if joker says the same for the jvc and I trust him coz he has listened to A LOT of iems and he is one of the biggest contributors on this forum, then no matter which one of the two you get you'll end up with a very overpriced and mediocre iem. It's your choice but for 100 bucks you can get way and I mean WAY better iems. Maybe you have some other options in your country in another price range - lower or higher, that will be a better choice?post #25 of 572/10/11 at 2:51amThread Starter
i know... but.... other options look even worse... at least, i think that jvc will be, because, they are not overpriced compared to other countries....
other options would be even worse... i will get the pioneers in 2 months, so maybe the jvc until then are not really that bad....
from pioneer i was having se cl 521 e, which with i had a bad experience....
or... i can get the pioneer se clx 7 for about 200$.....
AKG K 370 are about 100$
Denon AH-C452 for 80$
BEYERDYNAMIC DT 60 PRO for 50$
Philips SHE 9850 for 100$
grado igi for 100$
and pioneers se clx 60 for about 130$ the other were 80$, but there are ones that can be delivered now for 130$....post #26 of 572/10/11 at 3:16am
Can you tell us which country you live in? Maybe someone else here from your country knows of another place you can get better deals. Also, have you considered buying a slightly used pair in the for sale forum?post #27 of 572/10/11 at 7:14amThread Starter
no, i'm sure nobody here lives in my country....
It's Romania, Europe...
This is a poor country, and the people are in maority simple, not into audio things, for example my school has radio equpement that cost under 100$....
this means that i may buy headphones that are more exepnsive than that.... simple my contry original music, sound so bad that it's citizens actually may hate music.... i am into rock, so i love music, i also listen to psy trance, and almost every genere a bit.....
in Romania, everything is overpriced,... i ask if anybody that has experimented any of these iems, worth the price, and sound enought for audiophile level, and not just iems.....
i am a little of audiophile, i like music, but i somehow hate recesed mids.....
so.... what of these really worth the asked price, if i have no other better option?...post #28 of 572/10/11 at 7:42ampost #29 of 572/11/11 at 1:48amThread Starterpost #30 of 572/11/11 at 2:44amThread Starter
please, who listened to any of these an opinion,... it's onsane of hard to fiind good iems in my country....
iems here are rated expensive, and most that have low cost have bad sounding....
actual;ly the sennheisers are about 60$....
and the jvc 300 are about 80 $.... for these prices, opinions change or it's the same?...
and anyone who consider the other ones... it'w welcome....Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Not noob, still need help! Read!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The... 3 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear