at least, does pioneer sound good with psychedelic trance?
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productJVC HA-FX300R In-Ear Headphones (Red)tagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser CX 870 ear canal phonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cheapest Sennheiser IE 8? Last post on 2/6/12 at 1:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Need of IEM Suggestion - $150 Budget - Good All-Rounder Last post on 3/22/11 at 8:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest IEMs to replace CX500, or a place to buy genuine CX500 in UK Last post on 2/10/11 at 11:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Not noob, still need help! Read! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
LOL, dude, I have to admit that I've listened to psychedelic trance only once on one festival and I was pretty drunk. So, I'm not really sure what exactly is good sounding psychedelic trance? And I didn't know that psychedelic trance can sound good LOL? (sorry for my sense of humor) The pioneer is pretty good overall performer with many genres, so I guess they will sound good with psychedelic trance if that's your cup of tea. I frankly can't imagine someone listening to such music without being wasted and then probably you wouldn't care much about sound quality (LOL sorry for my bad sense of humor again)
that ype of music, at certain volumes, with iems that isolate very well, and that reproduce sound, make you an sensation like you have taken drugs, or that you are drunk.... it's funnyer, and whem i got my iems out of my ears, the sensation stops....
great if you plan to go at school, and have your funny moments, when you start to hate the teacher!...
My advise is just listen to Joker....if he says get the Pioneers just get them! There really is no better source for a concise opinion. His IEM review thread should really be a website in itself
i know... pioneer may have some problems with fitting... they have a knob somewhere on a side, and that may cause some problems.... that is what i am worrying about....
i belive that they have a great SQ....
Well, I think the clx60 is comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty balanced. The bass goes deep enough and is pretty punchy and the good thing is that it isn't bloated, so the midrange isn't affected by it and it's decently clear and smooth. The highs are very good and overall the sound is pretty detailed. The soundstage is above average and the positioning is good. Sorry, about that short review but I am pretty busy.
Pretty much spot. All the OP really needs to know about them sound-wise. I will add that the cable is bad for cold weather as it stiffens as much as any I've come across.
The strain reliefs are long and quite flexible and the "wings" are well thought out and should help keep them secure and they should fit well. The "wings" or "knob" are rubber pieces.
thank you!... this cleared a little my mind.... now, i think that i can cut them down if i really not enjoy.... this is a good thing....and the thing that they are rubber is great because that means that they will not fit bad or something....
about sound i understood that these iems sound cool... i still don't know in wich way, i mean i never seen a completly review, but i guess i will just have to try to know....
it seems that i have no more pioneers in my country, i maked an order, and it will aririve in 2-3 months... from the other iems mentioned, for 100$, is better the sennheiser cx 870, or the jvc ha fx 300?... thank you and have a great day....
Well, dude, seriously - don't you have any other options? I told you cx870 is super mediocre and would have been a good choice if it was like 20-30 dollars - but for a 100$ iem it sounds very bad. And if joker says the same for the jvc and I trust him coz he has listened to A LOT of iems and he is one of the biggest contributors on this forum, then no matter which one of the two you get you'll end up with a very overpriced and mediocre iem. It's your choice but for 100 bucks you can get way and I mean WAY better iems. Maybe you have some other options in your country in another price range - lower or higher, that will be a better choice?
i know... but.... other options look even worse... at least, i think that jvc will be, because, they are not overpriced compared to other countries....
other options would be even worse... i will get the pioneers in 2 months, so maybe the jvc until then are not really that bad....
from pioneer i was having se cl 521 e, which with i had a bad experience....
or... i can get the pioneer se clx 7 for about 200$.....
AKG K 370 are about 100$
Denon AH-C452 for 80$
BEYERDYNAMIC DT 60 PRO for 50$
Philips SHE 9850 for 100$
grado igi for 100$
and pioneers se clx 60 for about 130$ the other were 80$, but there are ones that can be delivered now for 130$....
Can you tell us which country you live in? Maybe someone else here from your country knows of another place you can get better deals. Also, have you considered buying a slightly used pair in the for sale forum?
no, i'm sure nobody here lives in my country....
It's Romania, Europe...
This is a poor country, and the people are in maority simple, not into audio things, for example my school has radio equpement that cost under 100$....
this means that i may buy headphones that are more exepnsive than that.... simple my contry original music, sound so bad that it's citizens actually may hate music.... i am into rock, so i love music, i also listen to psy trance, and almost every genere a bit.....
in Romania, everything is overpriced,... i ask if anybody that has experimented any of these iems, worth the price, and sound enought for audiophile level, and not just iems.....
i am a little of audiophile, i like music, but i somehow hate recesed mids.....
so.... what of these really worth the asked price, if i have no other better option?...
please, who listened to any of these an opinion,... it's onsane of hard to fiind good iems in my country....
iems here are rated expensive, and most that have low cost have bad sounding....
actual;ly the sennheisers are about 60$....
and the jvc 300 are about 80 $.... for these prices, opinions change or it's the same?...
and anyone who consider the other ones... it'w welcome....
- Not noob, still need help! Read!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 27 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for orchestral/cinematic music for ~$400? 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)