Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 61

post #901 of 1074

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohlite View Post

i was pretty unimpressed with this amp since i got it basically to make my audiophile orchestral albums sound as vast and dynamic as i know they can [on ER4s], but didnt really hear much of a difference between the Leckerton and my rockboxed ipod hp out except maybe more treble and clean gain

 

...well, i just started listening to my old thrash metal collection which has been sadly neglected in my search for other musics....and i'm astounded at the purity and speed im hearing!! eek.gif holy cow. metal nirvana

 

guess i need something fruitier for classical tho

 

Also keep in mind your UHA4 may not be burned in yet. How many hours do you have on your unit so far? I wasn't wowed by my UHA4 til after 50+ hours.

post #902 of 1074

OPA627 is a good match for the ER4S.  That'll add some weight to your woods and strings.  My UERM and ES5 didn't need the help so I stopped using the 627s.

post #903 of 1074

i didnt realize burn-in was a significant factor for amps

 

mine has maybe 30 hrs tops

post #904 of 1074

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohlite View Post

i didnt realize burn-in was a significant factor for amps

 

mine has maybe 30 hrs tops

 


It can surprise you. Even my O2 amp sounds significantly better than it did when new. Not sure what exactly burns in but in my experience things have gotten better over time. The UHA4 and O2 amp have given me the biggest "WOW" factors with usage.

post #905 of 1074

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohlite View Post

i didnt realize burn-in was a significant factor for amps

 

mine has maybe 30 hrs tops

 

My UHA-4 has around 15~25hours now (didn't keep precise track), probably going to double the time before reviewing. So far, can't say I have noticed any difference at all. Same goes for my C421 and O2 where both have received well over 50 hours of usage by now. They sounds just as good as when they first arrive, but no better.

post #906 of 1074

Clieos I ran the O2 in for a couple hundred hours in which time I've noticed the sound stage open up quite nicely and more details.

post #907 of 1074

Well, can't say I have any similar experience so far.

post #908 of 1074

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Clieos I ran the O2 in for a couple hundred hours in which time I've noticed the sound stage open up quite nicely and more details.

 

Sounds like I need another 100-200 hours of burn-in on my O2 then.  I'll make sure to post that on his blog, he should be thrilled.  tongue_smile.gif

post #909 of 1074

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

 

 

Sounds like I need another 100-200 hours of burn-in on my O2 then.  I'll make sure to post that on his blog, he should be thrilled.  tongue_smile.gif

 

:) I really do feel it has improved with usage. So you've never noticed any change with usage on any of your amps either Anaxilus?


Edited by lee730 - 4/25/12 at 1:12am
post #910 of 1074

Had a chance to briefly listen to the UHA-4 the other day with a few different cans and compared to my D10. Performance seemed comparable, with the Leckerton scoring a nod for more low end and the iBasso with better top. The D10 had more authority though, especially driving some orthos where the UHA-4 fell flat.

post #911 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

So you've never noticed any change with usage on any of your amps either Anaxilus?

I never said that.  wink.gif

post #912 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Had a chance to briefly listen to the UHA-4 the other day with a few different cans and compared to my D10. Performance seemed comparable, with the Leckerton scoring a nod for more low end and the iBasso with better top. The D10 had more authority though, especially driving some orthos where the UHA-4 fell flat.

 

UHA6 would be a more appropriate competitor it seems even if it's not 'balanced'. 

post #913 of 1074

It would be... but I can only compare with what I have on hand.

post #914 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

 

UHA6 would be a more appropriate competitor it seems even if it's not 'balanced'. 

Hey Anaxilus pardon me for going off topic but I'm curious, what op amp did you choose for your UHA6? I ran across a post from purrin involving your UHA-6 and the K3003 and it got me curious on your op amp setup.

post #915 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

It would be... but I can only compare with what I have on hand.

Give me some time I'll see what I can do. Then we'll see what a Leckerton amp can do with an ortho

3d-dj.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4