Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 7

post #91 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

Is this any better than iBasso T3d or T4?

I also wonder how it compares to pico slim. I am looking for slim amp just to slide behind ipod.



 The Pico Slim has two serious drawbacks : it hisses and produces a loud "pop" sound when turned on of off.

This could damage the IEM connected to. It's so serious tha the manual recommends to disconnect the headphone before turning on or off this amp... I was interested in the Pico Slim but those problems and its steep price are too big defects for me.

post #92 of 1074

Size is another concern, is it easily pocketeble with ipod? I wish they would do one without dac, which would presumably be smaller redface.gif

So basically I want to choose between this, Arrow and Pico slim. I care least about bass but I want something sparkly and high happy :)


Edited by Nachkebia - 4/12/11 at 11:37am
post #93 of 1074

The thing I liked about the Clip+ and e5 combo was that they could clip onto my shirt or belt. No need for pockets shenanigans.

post #94 of 1074

I just pulled the trigger, will let you all know how it goes... I will NOT be comparing it to the headstage arrow because I bought the arrow specifically for the ER4s, and will not use the arrow with anything else. Anyway the UHA-4 is more along the lines of a TTVJ slim....


 

post #95 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino View Post

I just pulled the trigger, will let you all know how it goes... I will NOT be comparing it to the headstage arrow because I bought the arrow specifically for the ER4s, and will not use the arrow with anything else. Anyway the UHA-4 is more along the lines of a TTVJ slim....


 


You couldn't try the uha4 with your er4p and compare it that way?
 

 

post #96 of 1074

hoping these have good synergy with the jh13.... decided on the uha-4 even though a fiio e7 and e9 is only 20 dollars more

post #97 of 1074



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmanxxi View Post

This has been covered already - the UHA-4 competes and even wins against amps two to three times as expensive. The iBasso T3 and T4 are much smaller but there is nothing else they do better than UHA-4.


I think we need some more comparisons between this and other amps in terms of bass, mids, treble, clarity, soundstage, etc.

 

Particularly the arrow and ttvj slim, but also the t3 and t4. After all, if the t3 is equal to the uha4 and smaller, then I'm not sure the uha4 is as good as people are saying. I have the t3 and am looking for a step up, not something equal sounding and bigger. You see the issue?
 

 

post #98 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post




You couldn't try the uha4 with your er4p and compare it that way?
 

 

Oh, I'm afraid I don't have the ER4s at all! the Arrow will be sitting until I buy them and their custom tips. Next month I buy the Algorhythm solo I'm hellbent upon it. I do have a pair of ER-6 (not er-6i's I have the older, neutral more ER4s like ones) and I will be using them to break in the UHA4 and compare it to the PA2V2, the Lisa III isn't really made for IEM's so I won't be comparing it.
 

 

post #99 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post



 


I think we need some more comparisons between this and other amps in terms of bass, mids, treble, clarity, soundstage, etc.

 

Particularly the arrow and ttvj slim, but also the t3 and t4. After all, if the t3 is equal to the uha4 and smaller, then I'm not sure the uha4 is as good as people are saying. I have the t3 and am looking for a step up, not something equal sounding and bigger. You see the issue?
 

 



Though if you don't need the dac functionality, then spend your money on just a pure amp.

post #100 of 1074

Arrow is also very interesting, shape wise it is perfect actually. So its between UHA-4, pico slim, t3 or Arrow. Rx Mk2 is huge, so is TTVJ slim...


Edited by Nachkebia - 4/13/11 at 12:27am
post #101 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

Arrow is also very interesting, shape wise it is perfect actually. So its between UHA-4, pico slim, t3 or Arrow. Rx Mk2 is huge, so is TTVJ slim...


Honestly from the comparative impressions and the specs the T3 might be outclassed there.  The jury is still out on the UHA4 for me but maybe I'll hear one if somebody has one at the SD meet.  I'd like to believe it's all that but I'm being skeptical.

 

post #102 of 1074
It's quite interesting here. I'm looking for an amp within 200$, but i'm confused between the d4 and this uha4. The d4 is bigger and doesn't have a rechargable battery, but it has more powerfull output and the rolling opamp kit is worth considering. So it's very hard to choose. And my friends studying in both China and America are going back next month, so there isn't too much time for me to consider since i don't want to pay ship fee XD.
post #103 of 1074
Double post. Sorry, my bad frown.gif
Edited by SowonAoD - 4/13/11 at 1:53am
post #104 of 1074

I understand that T3 might be outclassed but how outclassed? that is the question. is it outclassed enough that I will be willing caring something bigger like Rx Mk2?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




Honestly from the comparative impressions and the specs the T3 might be outclassed there.  The jury is still out on the UHA4 for me but maybe I'll hear one if somebody has one at the SD meet.  I'd like to believe it's all that but I'm being skeptical.

 



 

post #105 of 1074

Comparisons were made earlier in this thread - I have owned all of the T3, D4, TTVJ Slim, Arrow, Shadow, etc.  The UHA-4 is my choice among all those amps for stupendous relative value and fantastic sound quality, customer service, availability and built in USA.  The UHA-4 beats the T3 in every category except size.  It is most comparable to the TTVJ Slim in SQ but much much better value plus smaller/shorter and better DAC and digital volume and crossfeed.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4