Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/5/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/5/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/5/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/5/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
- Headphone Impedance
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got my reply from Nick as well, basically the same message as others had mentioned. However, my further inquire on possible new amps model was also answered. That is, there is no current plan to replace the UHA-4 just yet, so we can expect the production to run a bit more longer.
Leckertons page or mouser. It's better to go throug Nick's page as he already sets them up on the sockets.
w/Pre-Installed Single Op-Amp
select OPA209A or whatever else from the dropdown or just send an email to Nick. You'll need dip tool/chip extractor or the correct set of pliers, two opamps btw, one per channel.
Wait a sec, pardon my ignorance but are you saying Leckerton's amps are opamp rollable or does the owner have to learn how to solder? With my luck I'd probably solder my fingers, feet and family jewels to the amp?
Only the 6 has sockets. You'll need a steady soldering hand to swap out chips on the 4...
This is why I am really tempted to buy the 6. I want to be able to roll the OP Amps for different flavors. Kinda looking for a Tubelike sound this time as well...
That's a nice feature in my opinion.
Hehe, I should start a thread on what people think Tube sound is just for giggles. If what I think you mean is what you mean then the 627s are a candidate but quite pricey.
I've never owned a tube amp. but I've heard several very expensive tube amps (pre, power and integrated) driving even more expensive speakers, and the Head-Fi assumption that all 'tube amps' are warm and euphonic just doesn't ring true at that end of the market, at least in the somewhat large showroom they were deployed in. If anything, the sound was lighter, tighter and a bit 'too hi-fi' for my personal taste, but I doubt that the room was ideal or that I was standing the 'sweet spot'. Headphones take both of those variables out of the equation. The Marantz amps/receivers I've heard were much closer to what I'm looking for in an amp and they were 100% SS, but had the mythical warmth and euphony I was looking for.
Tube is creature of its own. Even with similar construction, different brand of tubes can go from dry and cold to warm and veil. That's what makes tube rolling so much fun :)
Well looks like we finally got some of our questions answered. The UHA-4 according to Leckerton's site will be available March 30. The bad news or good depending how you want to look at it, the UHA-6 has been discontinued with no mention of a replacement and the UHA-6S has been discontinued and replaced with the UHA-6S MKII. Site only says it will be available soon and doesn't mention anything about a release date. So what do you think guys should we all start scouring the FS threads for the UHA-6S or should we all jump for joy Leckerton may have improved their product line a notch?
Yeah apparently it'll have lower output noise and will be housed in a smaller case. Wonder how many bones this will fetch?
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/25/12 at 2:02am
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: Westone um 30 Pro 34 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Home Audio Setup advice needed - Xonar Card, Tube Amp and Beyer DT... 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Big gear clearance! 3 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 4 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Grado PS1000 5 minutes ago
- › San Fernando Valley mini-meet 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe