Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 56post #826 of 10743/21/12 at 4:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #827 of 10743/21/12 at 7:03pmpost #828 of 10743/22/12 at 12:12pmQuote:
Lucky bastagepost #829 of 10743/22/12 at 7:08pm
I got my reply from Nick as well, basically the same message as others had mentioned. However, my further inquire on possible new amps model was also answered. That is, there is no current plan to replace the UHA-4 just yet, so we can expect the production to run a bit more longer.post #830 of 10743/22/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
Leckertons page or mouser. It's better to go throug Nick's page as he already sets them up on the sockets.
w/Pre-Installed Single Op-Amp
select OPA209A or whatever else from the dropdown or just send an email to Nick. You'll need dip tool/chip extractor or the correct set of pliers, two opamps btw, one per channel.
Wait a sec, pardon my ignorance but are you saying Leckerton's amps are opamp rollable or does the owner have to learn how to solder? With my luck I'd probably solder my fingers, feet and family jewels to the amp?
post #831 of 10743/22/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
Only the 6 has sockets. You'll need a steady soldering hand to swap out chips on the 4...post #832 of 10743/22/12 at 7:49pmQuote:
This is why I am really tempted to buy the 6. I want to be able to roll the OP Amps for different flavors. Kinda looking for a Tubelike sound this time as well...post #833 of 10743/22/12 at 8:06pmQuote:
That's a nice feature in my opinion.post #834 of 10743/22/12 at 9:23pm
Hehe, I should start a thread on what people think Tube sound is just for giggles. If what I think you mean is what you mean then the 627s are a candidate but quite pricey.post #835 of 10743/23/12 at 2:17amQuote:
I've never owned a tube amp. but I've heard several very expensive tube amps (pre, power and integrated) driving even more expensive speakers, and the Head-Fi assumption that all 'tube amps' are warm and euphonic just doesn't ring true at that end of the market, at least in the somewhat large showroom they were deployed in. If anything, the sound was lighter, tighter and a bit 'too hi-fi' for my personal taste, but I doubt that the room was ideal or that I was standing the 'sweet spot'. Headphones take both of those variables out of the equation. The Marantz amps/receivers I've heard were much closer to what I'm looking for in an amp and they were 100% SS, but had the mythical warmth and euphony I was looking for.post #836 of 10743/23/12 at 5:11am
Tube is creature of its own. Even with similar construction, different brand of tubes can go from dry and cold to warm and veil. That's what makes tube rolling so much fun :)post #837 of 10743/25/12 at 1:51am
Well looks like we finally got some of our questions answered. The UHA-4 according to Leckerton's site will be available March 30. The bad news or good depending how you want to look at it, the UHA-6 has been discontinued with no mention of a replacement and the UHA-6S has been discontinued and replaced with the UHA-6S MKII. Site only says it will be available soon and doesn't mention anything about a release date. So what do you think guys should we all start scouring the FS threads for the UHA-6S or should we all jump for joy Leckerton may have improved their product line a notch?post #838 of 10743/25/12 at 1:58ampost #839 of 10743/25/12 at 2:00am
Yeah apparently it'll have lower output noise and will be housed in a smaller case. Wonder how many bones this will fetch?
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/25/12 at 2:02am
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 4 seconds ago
- › WTB: Quality Ethernet Cable (3M) 20 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear