Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I begin my review, I would like to Thank Meelectronics for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. It seems that everywhere you look you see another new...
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
- Headphone Impedance
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got my reply from Nick as well, basically the same message as others had mentioned. However, my further inquire on possible new amps model was also answered. That is, there is no current plan to replace the UHA-4 just yet, so we can expect the production to run a bit more longer.
Leckertons page or mouser. It's better to go throug Nick's page as he already sets them up on the sockets.
w/Pre-Installed Single Op-Amp
select OPA209A or whatever else from the dropdown or just send an email to Nick. You'll need dip tool/chip extractor or the correct set of pliers, two opamps btw, one per channel.
Wait a sec, pardon my ignorance but are you saying Leckerton's amps are opamp rollable or does the owner have to learn how to solder? With my luck I'd probably solder my fingers, feet and family jewels to the amp?
Only the 6 has sockets. You'll need a steady soldering hand to swap out chips on the 4...
This is why I am really tempted to buy the 6. I want to be able to roll the OP Amps for different flavors. Kinda looking for a Tubelike sound this time as well...
That's a nice feature in my opinion.
Hehe, I should start a thread on what people think Tube sound is just for giggles. If what I think you mean is what you mean then the 627s are a candidate but quite pricey.
I've never owned a tube amp. but I've heard several very expensive tube amps (pre, power and integrated) driving even more expensive speakers, and the Head-Fi assumption that all 'tube amps' are warm and euphonic just doesn't ring true at that end of the market, at least in the somewhat large showroom they were deployed in. If anything, the sound was lighter, tighter and a bit 'too hi-fi' for my personal taste, but I doubt that the room was ideal or that I was standing the 'sweet spot'. Headphones take both of those variables out of the equation. The Marantz amps/receivers I've heard were much closer to what I'm looking for in an amp and they were 100% SS, but had the mythical warmth and euphony I was looking for.
Tube is creature of its own. Even with similar construction, different brand of tubes can go from dry and cold to warm and veil. That's what makes tube rolling so much fun :)
Well looks like we finally got some of our questions answered. The UHA-4 according to Leckerton's site will be available March 30. The bad news or good depending how you want to look at it, the UHA-6 has been discontinued with no mention of a replacement and the UHA-6S has been discontinued and replaced with the UHA-6S MKII. Site only says it will be available soon and doesn't mention anything about a release date. So what do you think guys should we all start scouring the FS threads for the UHA-6S or should we all jump for joy Leckerton may have improved their product line a notch?
Yeah apparently it'll have lower output noise and will be housed in a smaller case. Wonder how many bones this will fetch?
Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/25/12 at 2:02am
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 9 seconds ago
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 53 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking For Headphones $400 And Under 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2