- 15,562 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
- Headphone Impedance
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Alright Thanks.. i was initially supposed to get the UHA-4 but money was an issue at the time lol
If you wanna even take it to another rlevel MRiNiCK I suggest you opt for the UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 (the UHA4 comes with this stock). Believe me owning both of them the MKII is clearly that much better than the 4 :). It's worth the extra money.
is it worth it for portable use.? because i'm always on the go no matter what days it is. lol and if im not well different story
I think it is. It's about the same size as the UHA4 but just very slightly thicker. But the sound quality upgrade you get over the 4 is very much worth the extra difference in price. What will you be using it with though?
Ipod touch on the go and through my laptop at home.
Headphones- 1964 T CIEM, and DT1350
at Home, BrainWavz HM%, Ultrasone Pro 900, Sennheiser HD 650
UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 online says it comes wit it as standard.
I thought it came with 209 standard? Unless Nick went back to 8610 :)? He use to charge an extra $10.00 I think for the upgrade over 209. :P
lol well lucky me then.
I love this amp, perfect size, sound and price but usb connection has stopped working after all these years and now I am in need of new portable amp. Should I go with this again or there are new devices i look through?
You an do as the poster above or even consider upgrading to the UHA6 MKII which is a better sounding amp IMO.
Going from memory they both are similar in overall size (length & width) with the UHA4 being about half the thickness of the UHA6. Both are quite portable IMO with the UHA4 being the most portable. In terms of sound the UHA6 MKII is a noticeable improvement IMO and well worth the price premium. Now if you need very fine volume attenuation for lower volume listening without channel imbalance (ideal for sensitive IEMs) then the UHA4 may be more suited to your needs. This is more so of an issue if you are using sources with a powerful LO which can then lead to channel imbalance on the MKII model. But at the same time you can request for a lower gain setting which should mitigate this issue (if any).
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 10 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 12 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2