- 14,354 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
- Headphone Impedance
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Alright Thanks.. i was initially supposed to get the UHA-4 but money was an issue at the time lol
If you wanna even take it to another rlevel MRiNiCK I suggest you opt for the UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 (the UHA4 comes with this stock). Believe me owning both of them the MKII is clearly that much better than the 4 :). It's worth the extra money.
is it worth it for portable use.? because i'm always on the go no matter what days it is. lol and if im not well different story
I think it is. It's about the same size as the UHA4 but just very slightly thicker. But the sound quality upgrade you get over the 4 is very much worth the extra difference in price. What will you be using it with though?
Ipod touch on the go and through my laptop at home.
Headphones- 1964 T CIEM, and DT1350
at Home, BrainWavz HM%, Ultrasone Pro 900, Sennheiser HD 650
UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 online says it comes wit it as standard.
I thought it came with 209 standard? Unless Nick went back to 8610 :)? He use to charge an extra $10.00 I think for the upgrade over 209. :P
lol well lucky me then.
I love this amp, perfect size, sound and price but usb connection has stopped working after all these years and now I am in need of new portable amp. Should I go with this again or there are new devices i look through?
You an do as the poster above or even consider upgrading to the UHA6 MKII which is a better sounding amp IMO.
Going from memory they both are similar in overall size (length & width) with the UHA4 being about half the thickness of the UHA6. Both are quite portable IMO with the UHA4 being the most portable. In terms of sound the UHA6 MKII is a noticeable improvement IMO and well worth the price premium. Now if you need very fine volume attenuation for lower volume listening without channel imbalance (ideal for sensitive IEMs) then the UHA4 may be more suited to your needs. This is more so of an issue if you are using sources with a powerful LO which can then lead to channel imbalance on the MKII model. But at the same time you can request for a lower gain setting which should mitigate this issue (if any).
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser G4ME ONE'S right earcup sounds like something is rolling... 15 seconds ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP150 vs. sol hd tracks 46 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Recommendations? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Electronic/Synth Pop/New wave/ French House? 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)