- 14,594 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Headphone Impedance
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Alright Thanks.. i was initially supposed to get the UHA-4 but money was an issue at the time lol
If you wanna even take it to another rlevel MRiNiCK I suggest you opt for the UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 (the UHA4 comes with this stock). Believe me owning both of them the MKII is clearly that much better than the 4 :). It's worth the extra money.
is it worth it for portable use.? because i'm always on the go no matter what days it is. lol and if im not well different story
I think it is. It's about the same size as the UHA4 but just very slightly thicker. But the sound quality upgrade you get over the 4 is very much worth the extra difference in price. What will you be using it with though?
Ipod touch on the go and through my laptop at home.
Headphones- 1964 T CIEM, and DT1350
at Home, BrainWavz HM%, Ultrasone Pro 900, Sennheiser HD 650
UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 online says it comes wit it as standard.
I thought it came with 209 standard? Unless Nick went back to 8610 :)? He use to charge an extra $10.00 I think for the upgrade over 209. :P
lol well lucky me then.
I love this amp, perfect size, sound and price but usb connection has stopped working after all these years and now I am in need of new portable amp. Should I go with this again or there are new devices i look through?
You an do as the poster above or even consider upgrading to the UHA6 MKII which is a better sounding amp IMO.
Going from memory they both are similar in overall size (length & width) with the UHA4 being about half the thickness of the UHA6. Both are quite portable IMO with the UHA4 being the most portable. In terms of sound the UHA6 MKII is a noticeable improvement IMO and well worth the price premium. Now if you need very fine volume attenuation for lower volume listening without channel imbalance (ideal for sensitive IEMs) then the UHA4 may be more suited to your needs. This is more so of an issue if you are using sources with a powerful LO which can then lead to channel imbalance on the MKII model. But at the same time you can request for a lower gain setting which should mitigate this issue (if any).
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado e Series 3 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 46 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 2 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)