- 14,799 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandLeckerton Audiotagged by System, 2/1/11
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S portable amp/DACtagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Time to plug the UHA-6S into my P4 :) Last post on 10/12/11 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amping my Cowon J3 Last post on 5/9/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
- Headphone Impedance
Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Alright Thanks.. i was initially supposed to get the UHA-4 but money was an issue at the time lol
If you wanna even take it to another rlevel MRiNiCK I suggest you opt for the UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 (the UHA4 comes with this stock). Believe me owning both of them the MKII is clearly that much better than the 4 :). It's worth the extra money.
is it worth it for portable use.? because i'm always on the go no matter what days it is. lol and if im not well different story
I think it is. It's about the same size as the UHA4 but just very slightly thicker. But the sound quality upgrade you get over the 4 is very much worth the extra difference in price. What will you be using it with though?
Ipod touch on the go and through my laptop at home.
Headphones- 1964 T CIEM, and DT1350
at Home, BrainWavz HM%, Ultrasone Pro 900, Sennheiser HD 650
UHA6 MKII with OP-Amp 8610 online says it comes wit it as standard.
I thought it came with 209 standard? Unless Nick went back to 8610 :)? He use to charge an extra $10.00 I think for the upgrade over 209. :P
lol well lucky me then.
I love this amp, perfect size, sound and price but usb connection has stopped working after all these years and now I am in need of new portable amp. Should I go with this again or there are new devices i look through?
You an do as the poster above or even consider upgrading to the UHA6 MKII which is a better sounding amp IMO.
Going from memory they both are similar in overall size (length & width) with the UHA4 being about half the thickness of the UHA6. Both are quite portable IMO with the UHA4 being the most portable. In terms of sound the UHA6 MKII is a noticeable improvement IMO and well worth the price premium. Now if you need very fine volume attenuation for lower volume listening without channel imbalance (ideal for sensitive IEMs) then the UHA4 may be more suited to your needs. This is more so of an issue if you are using sources with a powerful LO which can then lead to channel imbalance on the MKII model. But at the same time you can request for a lower gain setting which should mitigate this issue (if any).
- Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 9 seconds ago
- › New Gaming Headset 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads & general... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my... 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 3: iCLUB members wanted to test... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 9 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 9 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 11 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)