Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 - Page 68

post #1006 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

 

Is that a fair comparison ?? Lets stick to slimline USB DAC/amps. shall we ?


I think the HP-1 doesn't play nicely with Sensitive IEMs to begin with....

post #1007 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitfliesst View Post

That's great to hear. By the way, what do you think of the 2db volume increments? 2db for each step sounds like a lot, just don't know how it actually is when using super sensitive IEM's.

2dB step is fine for me. Remember, although 3dB is double in SPL, it will take about 10dB for human to perceive a double in volume. So 2dB still give you a lot of room to play with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I think the HP-1 doesn't play nicely with Sensitive IEMs to begin with....

No one seems to actually measure it, but from the few RMAA graph I have seen, HP-P1 looks to have noticeable impedance interaction with low impedance load, indicating relatively high output impedance (also, it has TPA6120 on the output stage, which has a 10ohm recommended minimum output impedance). Definitely not a safe choice for IEM or even low impedance full size.
Edited by ClieOS - 9/20/12 at 11:05pm
post #1008 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


2dB step is fine for me. Remember, although 3dB is double in SPL, it will take about 10dB for human to perceive a double in volume. So 2dB still give you a lot of room to play with.
No one seems to actually measure it, but from the few RMAA graph I have seen, HP-P1 looks to have noticeable impedance interaction with low impedance load, indicating relatively high output impedance (also, it has TPA6120 on the output stage, which has a 10ohm recommended minimum output impedance). Definitely not a safe choice for IEM or even low impedance full size.


Yep anything over 1 ohm is a no go for me. Took me a while to realize that but then again it also described why I was never satisfied with my Fiio E9 with my IEM or even my Denons.... Strangely enough though its not 100% the case all the time. As my Tralucent T1 pairs really well with my IEMs (especially the 1Plus2 and the MDR-7550s). Just you have to have good headroom on the DAC or its also a no go. Its quite powerful for such a little bugger.

post #1009 of 1074
Tralucent T1 has less than 1 ohm of output impedance, AFAIK.
post #1010 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohlite View Post

i use it as DAC

sounds tons better than my crappy laptop soundcard
So happy and relieved to hear that.
post #1011 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Tralucent T1 has less than 1 ohm of output impedance, AFAIK.


I was told by management it has 8 ohms. At least that is what I thought.

post #1012 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

 

Sweet. Any specific improvements you want to comment on? Mine will be coming in a few days. I'm really diggin' the crossfeed option on it. I'm thinking that should open the HD25 up nicely.

Bass reproduction for sure. The amp with cross feed improves the spatial presentation of the sound a bit which slightly takes the treble out of your face, all in my own opinion of course.

post #1013 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrgrr View Post

Bass reproduction for sure. The amp with cross feed improves the spatial presentation of the sound a bit which slightly takes the treble out of your face, all in my own opinion of course.

 

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

post #1014 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I was told by management it has 8 ohms. At least that is what I thought.

Nope, I am pretty sure it is about 0.2ohm since I already measured and calculated it a couple of times.
post #1015 of 1074

I haven't snooped around here in almost a year.  The reason for that is: I have a Leckerton UHA 4 and a pretty good headphone thing happening.  The amp is so worth the money.

post #1016 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


Nope, I am pretty sure it is about 0.2ohm since I already measured and calculated it a couple of times.


I'll try talk with them again. Unless maybe my unit is set to 8 ohms. If it is I'm gonna ask it be set like yours.

post #1017 of 1074

Ok, I got mine in and the amp/dac is clear and crisp, but I can hear no difference whatsoever with crossfeed on or off. I'm listening to my iTunes m4a songs. Why is the crossfeed not working?

post #1018 of 1074

The changes should be noticeable. Maybe try run the amp in and spend more time with it. You should notice vocals are shifted more towards the center and bass slightly increases. The easiest "slap-you-in-the-face" way to know is try an old song where the channels are severely shifted to the left and right and that will be a dead give way. Try listen to Martha & the Vandellas "Love is Like a Heat Wave." If you can't hear it at that point then I'm not sure what to tell you....
 


Edited by lee730 - 9/22/12 at 4:47pm
post #1019 of 1074

Thanks. I noticed a slight change, but it's still something I couldn't decipher in a blind test. I'm really diggin' the amp/dac sound, so I'm definitely going to give it some run time. Should I keep my computer volume at a static setting or is it ok to adjust both my laptop volume and my amp volume? I don't know if it effects the amp if I turn my laptop volume all the way up and just adjust the volume with the lecky.

post #1020 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

Thanks. I noticed a slight change, but it's still something I couldn't decipher in a blind test. I'm really diggin' the amp/dac sound, so I'm definitely going to give it some run time. Should I keep my computer volume at a static setting or is it ok to adjust both my laptop volume and my amp volume? I don't know if it effects the amp if I turn my laptop volume all the way up and just adjust the volume with the lecky.


You should be able to leave it at max and adjust from the UHA4 volume pot since it gives you a lot of headroom. If you press the volume pot in it will mute the device for you and just press it in again to unmute. It will click when you do this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4