Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips - Page 2

post #16 of 237
What did you use to make the holes bigger?
post #17 of 237

Sledgehammer cool.gif

post #18 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

What did you use to make the holes bigger?



Xacto knife. I put the knife in the sleeve hole and turned it kept turning it around until it grated away at the silicone. It did make a difference in the sound quality. I got bigger bass and better sound overall and not stifled sound like i did before modding.

 


Edited by Starsky5000 - 3/12/11 at 1:07pm
post #19 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiCore View Post

I would also recommend to try modded Shure Tri-Flanges. I cut them down to only the last big cap. They fit me better than Shure Olives, isolate very good and the bass is very punchy.

Ok are these the Shure Tri-Flanges you're talking about:

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-EATFL1-6-Triple-Flange-Sleeves-3-Pair-NEW-/140517807063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b78393d7

 

Does the sound exit port flares out to about double the diameter from front to back, just like the double flange silicone tips that came with the Atrios?

 

 


Edited by Starsky5000 - 3/13/11 at 10:47am
post #20 of 237
Thread Starter 

The holes look bigger to me...they're pretty tiny normally.  I didn't like how they sounded either.

 

I've recently been using Klipsch double flanges.  I'll see if I can work them into my OP.  I just got a set of new Atrios with MG7 drivers, so I'll be doing some listening this week.


Edited by Bazirker - 3/13/11 at 1:14pm
post #21 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post

The holes look bigger to me...

 

I've recently been using Klipsch double flanges.  I'll see if I can work them into my OP.  I just got a set of new Atrios with MG7 drivers, so I'll be doing some listening this week.


I hope you enjoy the New Atrios Bazirker. Also which holes are you talking about from which ear tip are you referring to?

post #22 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky5000 View Post




I hope you enjoy the New Atrios Bazirker. Also which holes are you talking about from which ear tip are you referring to?



The Shure eartips you modified.

post #23 of 237

I can't keep buying & trying different tips...the money adds up. I'm seriously thinking about going the custom route for these Atrios.

post #24 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky5000 View Post

I can't keep buying & trying different tips...the money adds up. I'm seriously thinking about going the custom route for these Atrios.



For some reason, I can't find a good eartip with these.  I keep coming back to the original foam, which are not that great.  I mean, they sound great, but they aren't too comfortable, and they take a while to put in, take out.  Also, too much isolation for me to use at work.

 

I would look to customizing these, too, but because of the soundstage, these headphones aren't 100% perfect, which I feel is a criteria for going custom.

post #25 of 237
Thread Starter 

Give me a week and I'll write up what I find with my new mg7's after they break in.  There didn't seem to be any interest in this for awhile so I didn't bother writing up my other tips I have, but now that it seems someone will benefit, I'll do my best!

post #26 of 237



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannon18 View Post





For some reason, I can't find a good eartip with these.  I keep coming back to the original foam, which are not that great.  I mean, they sound great, but they aren't too comfortable, and they take a while to put in, take out.  Also, too much isolation for me to use at work.

 

I would look to customizing these, too, but because of the soundstage, these headphones aren't 100% perfect, which I feel is a criteria for going custom.


Maybe this might help you make a decision:

 

http://homerecording.about.com/od/audiomonitorreviews/fr/fs_softerwear.htm
 

 

post #27 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky5000 View Post



 


Maybe this might help you make a decision:

 

http://homerecording.about.com/od/audiomonitorreviews/fr/fs_softerwear.htm
 

 



I still have the 20% discount for these that came with my Atrios.  But with an audiologist's impressions, it would still end up being $180-200.  At that point, I'd rather buy a new pair of IEMs to wear at work, and wear the Atrios everywhere else.

post #28 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scannon18 View Post





I still have the 20% discount for these that came with my Atrios.  But with an audiologist's impressions, it would still end up being $180-200.  At that point, I'd rather buy a new pair of IEMs to wear at work, and wear the Atrios everywhere else.


Yeah I kinda feel the same way.  If I'm gonna get custom earphones, instead of spending $200 on Atrios and then another $200 on Softerwear sleeves, I could've bought a pair of 1964-T

or JH5's.  That said, I am enjoying these mg7's a lot...

post #29 of 237

I recommend Shure Yellow Foams. They work great with Atrios.

post #30 of 237
I was having tip problems as well.

I've since settled on the stock triple flange. (small)

Be careful as hell if your snipping and cutting the tips cost $20 total.
Edited by Confispect - 3/15/11 at 11:00pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips