- 817 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: SF Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread Last post on 8/7/15 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Last post on 2/26/11 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs UE 4 pro Last post on 2/21/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10 Last post on 12/4/10 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It's sad for me to say this, but I think UE (probably Logitech's fault) is slowly becoming nothing more than a mediocre brand w/ mediocre products, and many on head-fi just dont have the interest they used to for their products. Their customs are probably still very good, but they've disintegrated their universal line to where it completely lacks a respectable iem (except the TF10's, which I have a hunch they'll soon be discontinuing.)
Although I haven't heard much of their line other than the TF10, I have a feeling you're pretty close to being spot on. I see most of their universal line as being nothing really special- as in "why should I buy these when there are so many others?" And while I'm sure their customs can go head to head with others of the same configuration (number of drivers), they are priced significantly higher. Maybe they're relying on the pro market, as they have a well established name and cost is often not as much an issue as reliability and track record. I'm still a bit surprised that no one here has the Pro 4's though. If this crowd isn't buying them, I wonder who is? Perhaps musicians who are just starting out on a limited budget. It would be sad to see UE go the way of former greats and pioneers like Fisher, Carver, Apogee Speakers, etc.
Jude has the UE4. I'm not sure who else does. The lower customs is probably dominated by the JH5 in terms of the UE4, AC2(although it is quite new) and the JH5.
The UE18 didn't really get that great impressions so I think most are going towards products such as JH13/16 or other top customs and the only thing from UE that interests me is the Reference Monitors but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.
Ah... NM. Did some searching and I assume you're talking about the optional gel or silicone finish as opposed to the acrylic.
- UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Shure SE215 IEM wire discolouration 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › What's the Problem with the Sennheiser IE800 Compared to Other IEMs? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2