- 817 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: SF Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread Last post on 6/30/15 at 12:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Last post on 2/26/11 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs UE 4 pro Last post on 2/21/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10 Last post on 12/4/10 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It's sad for me to say this, but I think UE (probably Logitech's fault) is slowly becoming nothing more than a mediocre brand w/ mediocre products, and many on head-fi just dont have the interest they used to for their products. Their customs are probably still very good, but they've disintegrated their universal line to where it completely lacks a respectable iem (except the TF10's, which I have a hunch they'll soon be discontinuing.)
Although I haven't heard much of their line other than the TF10, I have a feeling you're pretty close to being spot on. I see most of their universal line as being nothing really special- as in "why should I buy these when there are so many others?" And while I'm sure their customs can go head to head with others of the same configuration (number of drivers), they are priced significantly higher. Maybe they're relying on the pro market, as they have a well established name and cost is often not as much an issue as reliability and track record. I'm still a bit surprised that no one here has the Pro 4's though. If this crowd isn't buying them, I wonder who is? Perhaps musicians who are just starting out on a limited budget. It would be sad to see UE go the way of former greats and pioneers like Fisher, Carver, Apogee Speakers, etc.
Jude has the UE4. I'm not sure who else does. The lower customs is probably dominated by the JH5 in terms of the UE4, AC2(although it is quite new) and the JH5.
The UE18 didn't really get that great impressions so I think most are going towards products such as JH13/16 or other top customs and the only thing from UE that interests me is the Reference Monitors but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.
Ah... NM. Did some searching and I assume you're talking about the optional gel or silicone finish as opposed to the acrylic.
- UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back! 6 minutes ago
- › over/on ear headphone for commute? 6 minutes ago
- › Need help hooking up some things in my music production studio... 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 11 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)