- 822 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: SF Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Last post on 2/26/11 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs UE 4 pro Last post on 2/21/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10 Last post on 12/4/10 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
UE4Pro owners anywhere?post #1 of 71/30/11 at 12:59amThread StarterI can't seem to find a review of these other than the one Jude posted a while back. Someone out there has to have these- no? Please post your impressions or a quick review with possible comparisons to previously owned universals. And please, I'd rather hear from people who actually have the customs as opposed to those having heard the demo version w/Complys. Thanks ahead of time!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 72/3/11 at 10:31pmThread Starterpost #3 of 72/4/11 at 9:47am
It's sad for me to say this, but I think UE (probably Logitech's fault) is slowly becoming nothing more than a mediocre brand w/ mediocre products, and many on head-fi just dont have the interest they used to for their products. Their customs are probably still very good, but they've disintegrated their universal line to where it completely lacks a respectable iem (except the TF10's, which I have a hunch they'll soon be discontinuing.)post #4 of 72/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Although I haven't heard much of their line other than the TF10, I have a feeling you're pretty close to being spot on. I see most of their universal line as being nothing really special- as in "why should I buy these when there are so many others?" And while I'm sure their customs can go head to head with others of the same configuration (number of drivers), they are priced significantly higher. Maybe they're relying on the pro market, as they have a well established name and cost is often not as much an issue as reliability and track record. I'm still a bit surprised that no one here has the Pro 4's though. If this crowd isn't buying them, I wonder who is? Perhaps musicians who are just starting out on a limited budget. It would be sad to see UE go the way of former greats and pioneers like Fisher, Carver, Apogee Speakers, etc.post #5 of 72/4/11 at 10:14am
Jude has the UE4. I'm not sure who else does. The lower customs is probably dominated by the JH5 in terms of the UE4, AC2(although it is quite new) and the JH5.
The UE18 didn't really get that great impressions so I think most are going towards products such as JH13/16 or other top customs and the only thing from UE that interests me is the Reference Monitors but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.post #6 of 72/4/11 at 10:49amThread Starterpost #7 of 72/4/11 at 11:14amThread StarterQuote:
Ah... NM. Did some searching and I assume you're talking about the optional gel or silicone finish as opposed to the acrylic.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 19 seconds ago
- › Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise? 40 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › WTS UK rare Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Silver with no front logo 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear