- 822 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: SF Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Last post on 2/26/11 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs UE 4 pro Last post on 2/21/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10 Last post on 12/4/10 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
UE4Pro owners anywhere?post #1 of 71/30/11 at 12:59amThread StarterI can't seem to find a review of these other than the one Jude posted a while back. Someone out there has to have these- no? Please post your impressions or a quick review with possible comparisons to previously owned universals. And please, I'd rather hear from people who actually have the customs as opposed to those having heard the demo version w/Complys. Thanks ahead of time!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 72/3/11 at 10:31pmThread Starterpost #3 of 72/4/11 at 9:47am
It's sad for me to say this, but I think UE (probably Logitech's fault) is slowly becoming nothing more than a mediocre brand w/ mediocre products, and many on head-fi just dont have the interest they used to for their products. Their customs are probably still very good, but they've disintegrated their universal line to where it completely lacks a respectable iem (except the TF10's, which I have a hunch they'll soon be discontinuing.)post #4 of 72/4/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Although I haven't heard much of their line other than the TF10, I have a feeling you're pretty close to being spot on. I see most of their universal line as being nothing really special- as in "why should I buy these when there are so many others?" And while I'm sure their customs can go head to head with others of the same configuration (number of drivers), they are priced significantly higher. Maybe they're relying on the pro market, as they have a well established name and cost is often not as much an issue as reliability and track record. I'm still a bit surprised that no one here has the Pro 4's though. If this crowd isn't buying them, I wonder who is? Perhaps musicians who are just starting out on a limited budget. It would be sad to see UE go the way of former greats and pioneers like Fisher, Carver, Apogee Speakers, etc.post #5 of 72/4/11 at 10:14am
Jude has the UE4. I'm not sure who else does. The lower customs is probably dominated by the JH5 in terms of the UE4, AC2(although it is quite new) and the JH5.
The UE18 didn't really get that great impressions so I think most are going towards products such as JH13/16 or other top customs and the only thing from UE that interests me is the Reference Monitors but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.post #6 of 72/4/11 at 10:49amThread Starterpost #7 of 72/4/11 at 11:14amThread StarterQuote:
Ah... NM. Did some searching and I assume you're talking about the optional gel or silicone finish as opposed to the acrylic.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 seconds ago
- › Mint condition Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › RSA Ray Samuels “The Shadow” Portable Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › Best IEM Budget~50$ 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear