- 806 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: SF Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread Last post on 8/21/14 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Last post on 2/26/11 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 vs UE 4 pro Last post on 2/21/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10 Last post on 12/4/10 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE4Pro owners anywhere?
It's sad for me to say this, but I think UE (probably Logitech's fault) is slowly becoming nothing more than a mediocre brand w/ mediocre products, and many on head-fi just dont have the interest they used to for their products. Their customs are probably still very good, but they've disintegrated their universal line to where it completely lacks a respectable iem (except the TF10's, which I have a hunch they'll soon be discontinuing.)
Although I haven't heard much of their line other than the TF10, I have a feeling you're pretty close to being spot on. I see most of their universal line as being nothing really special- as in "why should I buy these when there are so many others?" And while I'm sure their customs can go head to head with others of the same configuration (number of drivers), they are priced significantly higher. Maybe they're relying on the pro market, as they have a well established name and cost is often not as much an issue as reliability and track record. I'm still a bit surprised that no one here has the Pro 4's though. If this crowd isn't buying them, I wonder who is? Perhaps musicians who are just starting out on a limited budget. It would be sad to see UE go the way of former greats and pioneers like Fisher, Carver, Apogee Speakers, etc.
Jude has the UE4. I'm not sure who else does. The lower customs is probably dominated by the JH5 in terms of the UE4, AC2(although it is quite new) and the JH5.
The UE18 didn't really get that great impressions so I think most are going towards products such as JH13/16 or other top customs and the only thing from UE that interests me is the Reference Monitors but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.
Ah... NM. Did some searching and I assume you're talking about the optional gel or silicone finish as opposed to the acrylic.
- UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 8 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)