^Yup. Sony Hybrids on top of my list to try on any IEMs. I was pleasantly surprised how well it works on my PFE.
Related Forum Threads
- A few questions about RE0 -> DBA-02 Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear isolating headphones in my case between Shure SE535, Westone 3 and EarSonics SM3 Last post on 9/29/10 at 10:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- bored by my Shure SE420 :(... Need adivses for a model with a signature I like... Last post on 8/24/10 at 4:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarSonics SM3 or Shure SE535? Last post on 7/12/10 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE535 vs SM3 Last post on 10/27/11 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Poll: Which Earsonics SM3 tips do you prefer most? - Page 2
Poll Results: What tips do you preferThis is a multiple choice poll
56 Total Votespost #16 of 224/22/11 at 7:20amThread Starter
26% of voters (15)Stock SM3 tips
26% of voters (15)Sensorcom Double flange
14% of voters (8)Shure Olives
10% of voters (6)MC Tri-flange
0% of voters (0)MC gel silicon
1% of voters (1)MC supertip
19% of voters (11)Others
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/22/11 at 7:34am
I voted other, because I like MC standard single flange silicone tips over a core removed from Shure Olive foams (similar to what is shown on the first page). This tip combination was noticeably better than anything else I tried, including MC triple flange, Supertips, Sensorcom, etc etc... for my ears of course.post #18 of 227/8/11 at 9:07am
I like the SM3 biflange tips. but sometimes they come off the stem and get stuck in my ears. I saw someone recommend the Shure EA306 Triple Flange for the CK10 and I ordered some. Just for fun, I tried them on the SM3 and they fit me very well. The sound is a bit more present, probably from the deeper insertion.post #19 of 224/13/12 at 12:22pmpost #20 of 224/13/12 at 12:26pmpost #21 of 224/16/12 at 12:28amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: Which Earsonics SM3 tips do you prefer most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC 1 second ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › C&C BH2 Portable Amp 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear