Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 7/9/15 at 9:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 7post #91 of 1025/22/12 at 7:54am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1025/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oskari
That YK is a date code; Oct. 67 like the stamp on the box, I think. DA indicates Mullard manufacture at Blackburn. The tube is unbranded. The British Services were not interested in brands, just the produce. [http://www.tubecollector.org/cv-valves.htm]
You know your stuff =)
Here's a shot of the top of the original box --post #93 of 1026/15/12 at 11:43am
When testing ECC32s, which tube type should I use for the settings? My B&K doesn't have setting for ECC32s. I know the heater is 6, but what about the senstivity to check the gm.post #94 of 1026/15/12 at 12:11pmpost #95 of 1026/15/12 at 2:00pmThread Starter
David some B&K circuits cannot measure a 6SN7 properly.
They use 19mA, whereas the proper current is 9mA.
What that means is they undervalue the 6SN7.
So if a B&K shows a good reading for a 6SN7 you can be rest assured it's excellent.
For the ECC32 I would expect a 70% of a 6SN7 value to mean a NOS tube.post #96 of 1026/15/12 at 2:09pmpost #97 of 1026/16/12 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #98 of 1026/16/12 at 12:27pmpost #99 of 1026/16/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #100 of 1026/16/12 at 4:51pmpost #101 of 1026/17/12 at 1:52amThread Starter
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 27 seconds ago
- › WTS APOLLO AUDIO LAB PLASMA 300€ 35 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3