Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 5/5/14 at 6:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 7post #91 of 1025/22/12 at 7:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1025/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oskari
That YK is a date code; Oct. 67 like the stamp on the box, I think. DA indicates Mullard manufacture at Blackburn. The tube is unbranded. The British Services were not interested in brands, just the produce. [http://www.tubecollector.org/cv-valves.htm]
You know your stuff =)
Here's a shot of the top of the original box --post #93 of 1026/15/12 at 11:43am
When testing ECC32s, which tube type should I use for the settings? My B&K doesn't have setting for ECC32s. I know the heater is 6, but what about the senstivity to check the gm.post #94 of 1026/15/12 at 12:11pmpost #95 of 1026/15/12 at 2:00pmThread Starter
David some B&K circuits cannot measure a 6SN7 properly.
They use 19mA, whereas the proper current is 9mA.
What that means is they undervalue the 6SN7.
So if a B&K shows a good reading for a 6SN7 you can be rest assured it's excellent.
For the ECC32 I would expect a 70% of a 6SN7 value to mean a NOS tube.post #96 of 1026/15/12 at 2:09pmpost #97 of 1026/16/12 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #98 of 1026/16/12 at 12:27pmpost #99 of 1026/16/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #100 of 1026/16/12 at 4:51pmpost #101 of 1026/17/12 at 1:52amThread Starter
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 20 seconds ago
- › Headphone Recommendations / Advice 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 1 minute ago
- › Red Giant A03 Ossicle, A00 Malleus (FINAL PRICE DROP) 1 minute ago
- › Which fit me? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)