Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 7post #91 of 1045/22/12 at 7:54am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1045/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oskari
That YK is a date code; Oct. 67 like the stamp on the box, I think. DA indicates Mullard manufacture at Blackburn. The tube is unbranded. The British Services were not interested in brands, just the produce. [http://www.tubecollector.org/cv-valves.htm]
You know your stuff =)
Here's a shot of the top of the original box --post #93 of 1046/15/12 at 11:43am
When testing ECC32s, which tube type should I use for the settings? My B&K doesn't have setting for ECC32s. I know the heater is 6, but what about the senstivity to check the gm.post #94 of 1046/15/12 at 12:11pmpost #95 of 1046/15/12 at 2:00pmThread Starter
David some B&K circuits cannot measure a 6SN7 properly.
They use 19mA, whereas the proper current is 9mA.
What that means is they undervalue the 6SN7.
So if a B&K shows a good reading for a 6SN7 you can be rest assured it's excellent.
For the ECC32 I would expect a 70% of a 6SN7 value to mean a NOS tube.post #96 of 1046/15/12 at 2:09pmpost #97 of 1046/16/12 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #98 of 1046/16/12 at 12:27pmpost #99 of 1046/16/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #100 of 1046/16/12 at 4:51pmpost #101 of 1046/17/12 at 1:52amThread Starterpost #102 of 1044/3/14 at 8:44pmpost #103 of 1042/4/16 at 8:56pm
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 10 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...