Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 7post #91 of 1035/22/12 at 7:54am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1035/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oskari
That YK is a date code; Oct. 67 like the stamp on the box, I think. DA indicates Mullard manufacture at Blackburn. The tube is unbranded. The British Services were not interested in brands, just the produce. [http://www.tubecollector.org/cv-valves.htm]
You know your stuff =)
Here's a shot of the top of the original box --post #93 of 1036/15/12 at 11:43am
When testing ECC32s, which tube type should I use for the settings? My B&K doesn't have setting for ECC32s. I know the heater is 6, but what about the senstivity to check the gm.post #94 of 1036/15/12 at 12:11pmpost #95 of 1036/15/12 at 2:00pmThread Starter
David some B&K circuits cannot measure a 6SN7 properly.
They use 19mA, whereas the proper current is 9mA.
What that means is they undervalue the 6SN7.
So if a B&K shows a good reading for a 6SN7 you can be rest assured it's excellent.
For the ECC32 I would expect a 70% of a 6SN7 value to mean a NOS tube.post #96 of 1036/15/12 at 2:09pmpost #97 of 1036/16/12 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #98 of 1036/16/12 at 12:27pmpost #99 of 1036/16/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #100 of 1036/16/12 at 4:51pmpost #101 of 1036/17/12 at 1:52amThread Starterpost #102 of 1034/3/14 at 8:44pm
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Highs too piercing on westone w40 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › Get 30% Off Melissa Menago's Little Crimes (from Chesky Records)... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 8 minutes ago
- › Nw-Zx2 possible DIY upgrades and modifications 9 minutes ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 19 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 21 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...