i own a piece of ecc34,got it from a bundle sale.since its the low impedance version of ecc32,can it be using with the balanced act or sub the 6sn7?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 5post #61 of 1048/26/11 at 2:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 1048/26/11 at 2:12pm
It draws the same heater current as the ECC32, but it has 1/3 the mu/gain/amplification factor as an ECC32, and about half that of an 6SN7. There are other differences. I wouldn't recommend using it, although I know some people have in some amps (not sure about BA).post #63 of 1048/26/11 at 4:22pmpost #64 of 1048/26/11 at 11:51pmThread Starterpost #65 of 1048/27/11 at 5:05am
I have used the ECC32, ECC33, Brimar 1988/6SN7GTY without any problem.
However I haven't tried the ECC34 and ECC35 but I will try soon. However as Stavros
mentioned I have asked these many times to Craig and he said it should be all right to use it as well as 6SL7.
However please confirm with Craig with other 6SL7 e.g. fivre.post #66 of 1048/27/11 at 6:27amECC33=6SN7 and ECC35=6SL7. So if the BA can use the 6SL7 it can use the ECC35. But again, the ECC34 is neither equivalent to the 6SN7/ECC33 or the 6SL7/ECC35.post #67 of 1048/27/11 at 7:03am
The ECC35 that I found works very well with the BA without any problem, but I haven't
tried with the Fivre 6SL7 yet. I tried to find the ECC34 but I don't know where they are now
So I need our friends here to help comments on the ECC34 but according to Craig , he said it will have
no problem. I will give more info on Fivre 6SL7 and ECC34 (if I can find them) and I think
Stavros has a lot of experience on Tungsol 6SU7GTY too, I also have a few of 6SL7 & 6F8G's but
I need more time because I am very new to this.post #68 of 1048/27/11 at 10:59am
I have done the tungsol 6SU7GTY in my ba. It is kinda like the ecc35 tall brown base but with more treble energy. I think the ecc35 is one of the best tubes to pair with the px4 in the ba. The short brown base is awesome.post #69 of 1048/28/11 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Skylab
1185 is the pre-1955 Mullard tube type code designation for the ECC32. 1955 and beyond they went to a common two-letter tube type code designation with Philips, and "EN" was the tube type designation for the ECC32 under that schema.
MRA is tougher to decipher, but I THINK it is Mullard (manufacturer), R = January 1952, A = Batch 0 (the first of the year).
Two of my ECC32 say "1185 MZA", the Z I believe indicating August of 1952. It is possible, however, that in both cases, the tubes were made in 1955 and not 1952.
Thanks Skylab, you're a great help as always.post #70 of 10410/27/11 at 12:13ampost #71 of 10410/27/11 at 2:30amThread Starterpost #72 of 10411/15/11 at 2:32am
Ok so as promissed..a little late but anyways here they are.And I am sorry for such bad pic. quality they were taken from my c7 phone!
The candy box! :D
Matched all 4 of them!!
I tried to take a good shot of the getters, but my phone failed on me..
These are really in mint condition, I wish I had a proper camera to show it.. there are no marks on them no fingerprints, the glass is soo clear, even a production code thats etched on them is like new, oh well :Dpost #73 of 10411/15/11 at 3:47amThread Starterpost #74 of 1041/12/12 at 7:44am
I was wondering has anyone tried the new production ecc32?Someone that has experience with the NOS tubes and tested the new ones aswell.. Im just looking at these new Psvane and they look nice, but we all know looks mean zero if they sound crappy.Are they just another gimmick thats not even close to NOS or are they actually decent sounding!?Knowing theire Chinese made makes me sceptical, but I could be wrong.
I also remember there were Jadis ecc32 some time ago I guess theire some Full music production.post #75 of 1041/12/12 at 9:59amThread Starter
The ECC32 are not a replacement tube for the 6SN7.
Make sure your amp can handle the extra current they draw.
The description says:
Psvane CV181-T (6SN7) has exactly the same electronic specification as the Treasure CV181-Z, which is a true equivalent of 6SN7.
In this case they have nothing or very little in common with the original ECC32.
I have never tried any of the new production "ECC32" so I can't comment on how they sound compared to the original ones.
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear