i own a piece of ecc34,got it from a bundle sale.since its the low impedance version of ecc32,can it be using with the balanced act or sub the 6sn7?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 5post #61 of 1048/26/11 at 2:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 1048/26/11 at 2:12pm
It draws the same heater current as the ECC32, but it has 1/3 the mu/gain/amplification factor as an ECC32, and about half that of an 6SN7. There are other differences. I wouldn't recommend using it, although I know some people have in some amps (not sure about BA).post #63 of 1048/26/11 at 4:22pmpost #64 of 1048/26/11 at 11:51pmThread Starterpost #65 of 1048/27/11 at 5:05am
I have used the ECC32, ECC33, Brimar 1988/6SN7GTY without any problem.
However I haven't tried the ECC34 and ECC35 but I will try soon. However as Stavros
mentioned I have asked these many times to Craig and he said it should be all right to use it as well as 6SL7.
However please confirm with Craig with other 6SL7 e.g. fivre.post #66 of 1048/27/11 at 6:27amECC33=6SN7 and ECC35=6SL7. So if the BA can use the 6SL7 it can use the ECC35. But again, the ECC34 is neither equivalent to the 6SN7/ECC33 or the 6SL7/ECC35.post #67 of 1048/27/11 at 7:03am
The ECC35 that I found works very well with the BA without any problem, but I haven't
tried with the Fivre 6SL7 yet. I tried to find the ECC34 but I don't know where they are now
So I need our friends here to help comments on the ECC34 but according to Craig , he said it will have
no problem. I will give more info on Fivre 6SL7 and ECC34 (if I can find them) and I think
Stavros has a lot of experience on Tungsol 6SU7GTY too, I also have a few of 6SL7 & 6F8G's but
I need more time because I am very new to this.post #68 of 1048/27/11 at 10:59am
I have done the tungsol 6SU7GTY in my ba. It is kinda like the ecc35 tall brown base but with more treble energy. I think the ecc35 is one of the best tubes to pair with the px4 in the ba. The short brown base is awesome.post #69 of 1048/28/11 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Skylab
1185 is the pre-1955 Mullard tube type code designation for the ECC32. 1955 and beyond they went to a common two-letter tube type code designation with Philips, and "EN" was the tube type designation for the ECC32 under that schema.
MRA is tougher to decipher, but I THINK it is Mullard (manufacturer), R = January 1952, A = Batch 0 (the first of the year).
Two of my ECC32 say "1185 MZA", the Z I believe indicating August of 1952. It is possible, however, that in both cases, the tubes were made in 1955 and not 1952.
Thanks Skylab, you're a great help as always.post #70 of 10410/27/11 at 12:13ampost #71 of 10410/27/11 at 2:30amThread Starterpost #72 of 10411/15/11 at 2:32am
Ok so as promissed..a little late but anyways here they are.And I am sorry for such bad pic. quality they were taken from my c7 phone!
The candy box! :D
Matched all 4 of them!!
I tried to take a good shot of the getters, but my phone failed on me..
These are really in mint condition, I wish I had a proper camera to show it.. there are no marks on them no fingerprints, the glass is soo clear, even a production code thats etched on them is like new, oh well :Dpost #73 of 10411/15/11 at 3:47amThread Starterpost #74 of 1041/12/12 at 7:44am
I was wondering has anyone tried the new production ecc32?Someone that has experience with the NOS tubes and tested the new ones aswell.. Im just looking at these new Psvane and they look nice, but we all know looks mean zero if they sound crappy.Are they just another gimmick thats not even close to NOS or are they actually decent sounding!?Knowing theire Chinese made makes me sceptical, but I could be wrong.
I also remember there were Jadis ecc32 some time ago I guess theire some Full music production.post #75 of 1041/12/12 at 9:59amThread Starter
The ECC32 are not a replacement tube for the 6SN7.
Make sure your amp can handle the extra current they draw.
The description says:
Psvane CV181-T (6SN7) has exactly the same electronic specification as the Treasure CV181-Z, which is a true equivalent of 6SN7.
In this case they have nothing or very little in common with the original ECC32.
I have never tried any of the new production "ECC32" so I can't comment on how they sound compared to the original ones.
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 16 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget dual mono... 47 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › [Stupid question] Will the RCA speaker and 3.5mm headphone play at... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali 1 Headphone Tube Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Whats is my next higher end choice 3 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear