Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › ECC32 Tube Addicts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 3

post #31 of 104

I just ordered a pair of British ECC32 and will be using them in my WA22.  I should have them in a few days and will post pictures and impressions.  I currently have GEC 6AS7G's for power, TungSol BGRP (oval mica) for drivers and an EML 5U4G rectifier.  My phones are HD800 and LCD2.

post #32 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalter View Post

I just ordered a pair of British ECC32 and will be using them in my WA22.  I should have them in a few days and will post pictures and impressions.  I currently have GEC 6AS7G's for power, TungSol BGRP (oval mica) for drivers and an EML 5U4G rectifier.  My phones are HD800 and LCD2.


Before I sold my WA22, that exactly the same tubes combo what I was used in it. Still remember how good they sound with the WA22. Congrats on the ECC32 purchase, pretty sure you won't regret to spend every penny on them. Let us know how they sing with the WA22, I think jc will keep his eyes for your impression. biggrin.gif
 

 

post #33 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannie01 View Post




Before I sold my WA22, that exactly the same tubes combo what I was used in it. Still remember how good they sound with the WA22. Congrats on the ECC32 purchase, pretty sure you won't regret to spend every penny on them. Let us know how they sing with the WA22, I think jc will keep his eyes for your impression. biggrin.gif
 

 


From my latest email from eBay they supposedly shipped on 5/11.  I don't know how long it takes packages to get from England to San Rafael, CA.
 

 

post #34 of 104
My experience is 10 to 14 days to the USA.
post #35 of 104

Danny, you have any impressions on your ECC32 yet?

post #36 of 104



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post

Danny, you have any impressions on your ECC32 yet?



Hey, Wedge. It's about a week the ECC32 plugged into the WA5LE. I run the amp about 4-6 hrs per day, they become more open now. I notice the very sweet highs in detail (no harsh, fatigue) much more I can hear from my other types of 6SN7, airy with very nice soundstage in the LCD-2 (not compressed at all like the others quoted). There still a little bit bright in mids (already sound much better after I swapped back to the fully run-in Mundrof silver/gold with WBT silver RCA plugs diy cable). It still need sopme more hrs to run for the mids. The bass is nothing to complaint, it's more tight, solid, very beep bass I ever heard from the LCD-2.

 

The EAT 300B, Mullard ECC32 and EML 5U4G Mesh Plate, this combo sounds better than the Beta22 (full balanced) especially in Classical music, sometimes in Jazz.

 

post #37 of 104



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalter View Post


From my latest email from eBay they supposedly shipped on 5/11.  I don't know how long it takes packages to get from England to San Rafael, CA.
 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

My experience is 10 to 14 days to the USA.



Hey Mike. You have your ECC32 received? Please let us know when you get them and how you like them in your WA22. beerchug.gif

 

post #38 of 104

I just received my pair of Chelmer CV181s which I plan to use with my Modwright Transporter.  I am currently using a pair of metal base Sylvania 6SN7A/Ws which I am really enjoying. I am really curious how the CV181 compares to those.

post #39 of 104

Nice, David! Looking forward to reading your impressions.

post #40 of 104

Just while we have all you Tube experts in one place, Quick question!

 

I've just aquired a homemade OTL amp based around the Seimens C3M tubes. Are there any options for replacing these other than C3M's? without causing damage to the amp. They sound great so not too bothered about rolling, only for back-ups as they are quite expensive.

 

Many thanks

post #41 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannie01 View Post



 


 



Hey Mike. You have your ECC32 received? Please let us know when you get them and how you like them in your WA22. beerchug.gif

 


Dannie,

 

I have the tubes and am listening to them now and I really like them. 

 

To my ears, they have a touch more detail at the top and bottem end than the TungSol BGRP.  I find the additional detail on top smooth and revealing.  On the bottom end, the bass is a touch deeper but not bloated.  I did have to switch over to the "low" impedence setting on my WA22 to account for additional gain of the ECC32's.  I have about 20 hours on them so far and have paired them with GEC 6AS7G and Mullard GZ37's.
 

What do you think?  Do you like them in your system?

 

post #42 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalter View Post


Dannie,

 

I have the tubes and am listening to them now and I really like them. 

 

To my ears, they have a touch more detail at the top and bottem end than the TungSol BGRP.  I find the additional detail on top smooth and revealing.  On the bottom end, the bass is a touch deeper but not bloated.  I did have to switch over to the "low" impedence setting on my WA22 to account for additional gain of the ECC32's.  I have about 20 hours on them so far and have paired them with GEC 6AS7G and Mullard GZ37's.
 

What do you think?  Do you like them in your system?

 


Mike, I love very much the sound of the ECC32 and have very similar impression like you do. It's about 100hrs mark of run-in. They really sound good in my WA5LE with HD800 and LCD-2, I sometimes connect the LCD-2 in high impedence output and it sound as good as in low output. And there is no heat issue with the ECC32.
 

 

post #43 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Just while we have all you Tube experts in one place, Quick question!

 

I've just aquired a homemade OTL amp based around the Seimens C3M tubes. Are there any options for replacing these other than C3M's? without causing damage to the amp. They sound great so not too bothered about rolling, only for back-ups as they are quite expensive.

 

Many thanks



bumbety bumb.. biggrin.gif

 

 

 

post #44 of 104

I'm not familiar with that tube.

post #45 of 104
Me either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › ECC32 Tube Addicts