Beautiful tubes, somebody grab them quickly!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
ECC32 Tube Addicts - Page 2post #16 of 1044/3/11 at 1:24pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1044/3/11 at 8:25pmpost #18 of 1044/5/11 at 2:03ampost #19 of 1045/1/11 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #20 of 1045/1/11 at 1:55pm
Since the thread is asking for opinions, I will say as far as ECC32 vs 6SN7 sounds go, I much prefer the ECC32 over most if not all 6SN7s. My opinion is that these tubes add a little bit of lush but not too much, over some of the 6SN7 favorites like TSRP, but are just as dynamic. The bass through these just come out perfect, in terms of impact, sonic characteristics. The mids are smooth and the highs are extended. To me this is the most natural sounding 6SN7 replacement. I use them in my Woo Audio WA-5 with EAT 300B and Chelmer CV575, WA-22 with TS 5998, or 7236, and RCA 5U4G, as well as an Apex Peak/Volcano.post #21 of 1045/1/11 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #22 of 1045/2/11 at 7:15am
Wow thanks, Wedge, you've just giving out the answered that what I want to ask here. I am about to order a pair of Mullard ECC32 brown base for the WA5LE but that will cost an arm. So I'm wondering how much the ECC32 would sound better than the Tung Sol 6SN7 RPBG that I currently use, you're encouraging me to grab one but does any one can have more impression between these two kind of tubes, thanks.
Quote:Originally Posted by Wedge
Since the thread is asking for opinions, I will say as far as ECC32 vs 6SN7 sounds go, I much prefer the ECC32 over most if not all 6SN7s. My opinion is that these tubes add a little bit of lush but not too much, over some of the 6SN7 favorites like TSRP, but are just as dynamic. The bass through these just come out perfect, in terms of impact, sonic characteristics. The mids are smooth and the highs are extended. To me this is the most natural sounding 6SN7 replacement. I use them in my Woo Audio WA-5 with EAT 300B and Chelmer CV575, WA-22 with TS 5998, or 7236, and RCA 5U4G, as well as an Apex Peak/Volcano.
I think I will have the answer very soon.Quote:
Edited by dannie01 - 5/2/11 at 7:23ampost #23 of 1045/2/11 at 8:01am
I totally agree with Wedge. I own both and I prefer the ECC32 by a mile!
I am runnning my WA5-LE with the ECC32 Brwon Base, EML 300B Mesh and either EML 5U4G Mesh or Mullard GZ33 Brwon Base.post #24 of 1045/2/11 at 8:17am
Gotha musicman with thanks. I'll pull the trigger but am sad for the 6SN7 purchase in the last week for a pair of TS RPBG and Sylvania Chrome Top short bottle (I exchanged it from a pair of Ken Rad VT-231 since it was microphonic whenever I touch the WA5LE or dial the stepped attenuator) which cost me US500, sigh.....................Quote:post #25 of 1045/2/11 at 8:34ampost #26 of 1045/2/11 at 9:23am
ECC32 - EAT 300B, the EATs seem to me very dynamic tubes, but lack warmth, which is the same for the TSRP. So for me too much of one thing was too much, and I much prefer the ECC32.
Quote:post #27 of 1045/2/11 at 9:28am
Thanks Skylab and Wedge, will have my own answer very soon.
Quote:post #28 of 1045/8/11 at 11:37ampost #29 of 1045/8/11 at 11:43am
I thought I might add that for some reason I think the Pan getters seem to have a slightly sharper treble than the D Getter. Also maybe a hair more definition to the Bass, I can't be too sure though. The differences to me are very slight and perhaps I'm just imagining it.post #30 of 1045/9/11 at 12:50am
Too bad that I'm still waiting for the tubes, t hey should somewhere around in the planet. Will post simple impression later.
- ECC32 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 10 seconds ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 17 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 - mint condition 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear