- 3,797 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/31/11More
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help with choosing a comfortable set of cans Last post on 6/25/11 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Headphone shop in central Londonpost #1 of 91/29/11 at 3:42amThread StarterI wonder if anyone knows if there is any decent headphone shops in central London. I wanna try out the new Westone 4.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/29/11 at 5:03ampost #3 of 98/31/11 at 11:35am
I've just been to London this afternoon and the best shop for demo I could find is Shasonic.
They had Grados (SR60i, 80i, 125i, 225i, 325i, RS1), Sennheisers (HD598, 600, 650), Shure (SRH840) & Audio Technicas (AD700, A900, M50) all for demo. It's very hard to find a shop that offers demo of high end headphones in the entire UK. So you can imagine how happy I was to find it.
Only problem is that the salespeople there does not seem to realize how good the gear they have for demo are. I tried chatting with them and they don't seem to know much. Plus, you have to bring your own source! So I had to plug in the HD650 into my Galaxy S, fortunately powerful enough but you could imagine how frustrated I was because I wasn't able to fully test them. I advised them to use a good CD player and amp for the demo units but as I said they couldn't understand that all those gears need proper amping and source! They don't seem to interested in my "advice".
Anyway it could be they don't trust my young looks so maybe an experienced and well aged audiophile can go there and speak to their manager about this?post #4 of 98/31/11 at 3:50pmpost #5 of 98/31/11 at 3:53pm
Great! Hope you find the store. It shouldn't be too hard to find. Has some big "Panasonic" signs and the Shasonic sign of course. It's located near a movie theatre called Odeon.
The headphones I listed above are just half of what they have for demo. The rest are Beats, Sonys I think and other stuff I didn't think are worth mentioning here. But still a great selection for allpost #6 of 99/8/11 at 2:28pm
I went to this shop today thanks to this post, they really have several headphones, as far as I can remember there were boses, sennheisers, grados and then sony. Each brand has 6 (8?) models (may be more if you don't bother asking). They now have good sound outputs with songs that range from classica to pop, anyway I think it's still better to take your on device with the songs of choice :). Well the headphones are a little old some of them may not have the sound of a new one as I could make sure with the one I took.
ps.: got a Grado SR80, although a Bose of same price was really attractive, I think if it was not for that *techy* design and a considerable noise I would go for the bose. I don't know much about headphones to be honest.
Edited by hscadore - 9/8/11 at 2:35pmpost #7 of 99/8/11 at 2:34pm
Glad my post helped. I've been searching for a shop like this for a while but there haven't been any good posts online so far.
Seems like they fixed the sound outputs. Last time I was there they weren't working. Oh and congrats on your purchase, the SR80i are quite nice. And welcome to Head-Fi toopost #8 of 99/18/11 at 7:17pm
thanks, that was a priceless advice. In the end I didn't take the time to look for more shops as I just had one morning left in London at that point. There were other shops between tottenham station and this shop that might be worth taking a look for better prices (not sure).
Edited by hscadore - 9/23/11 at 4:41pmpost #9 of 95/19/13 at 6:56pm
You can try out quite a good selection at Selfridges on Oxford street.
Directions: Get off the tube/underground train at Bond Street station and go left for about 50 metre and the store is opposite.
They have the Sennheiser HD800's which I tried (excellent but cost about £1000), Denons, Ultrasones, and many more.
They are all on display where you can play your ipod or phone etc. through to the headphones.
The staff let me try the HD800's which were not on an open display but in a glass cabinet, due to their cost I expect, on a Marantz CD player and Marantz amplifier that they have set up there, which I'm sure is still an option if you want to use it.
I was only there last week so you can definitely go there and try them.
Good luck with your choice.
- Headphone shop in central London
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 13 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 47 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)