- 4,295 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/31/11More
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help with choosing a comfortable set of cans Last post on 6/25/11 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i bought it this buletooth headphone 1 week ago. when i received it, i found it's very weightless, i think it's about half an ounce weight. about the performace, it can play 7 hours or more, the...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
Headphone shop in central Londonpost #1 of 91/29/11 at 3:42amThread StarterI wonder if anyone knows if there is any decent headphone shops in central London. I wanna try out the new Westone 4.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/29/11 at 5:03ampost #3 of 98/31/11 at 11:35am
I've just been to London this afternoon and the best shop for demo I could find is Shasonic.
They had Grados (SR60i, 80i, 125i, 225i, 325i, RS1), Sennheisers (HD598, 600, 650), Shure (SRH840) & Audio Technicas (AD700, A900, M50) all for demo. It's very hard to find a shop that offers demo of high end headphones in the entire UK. So you can imagine how happy I was to find it.
Only problem is that the salespeople there does not seem to realize how good the gear they have for demo are. I tried chatting with them and they don't seem to know much. Plus, you have to bring your own source! So I had to plug in the HD650 into my Galaxy S, fortunately powerful enough but you could imagine how frustrated I was because I wasn't able to fully test them. I advised them to use a good CD player and amp for the demo units but as I said they couldn't understand that all those gears need proper amping and source! They don't seem to interested in my "advice".
Anyway it could be they don't trust my young looks so maybe an experienced and well aged audiophile can go there and speak to their manager about this?post #4 of 98/31/11 at 3:50pmpost #5 of 98/31/11 at 3:53pm
Great! Hope you find the store. It shouldn't be too hard to find. Has some big "Panasonic" signs and the Shasonic sign of course. It's located near a movie theatre called Odeon.
The headphones I listed above are just half of what they have for demo. The rest are Beats, Sonys I think and other stuff I didn't think are worth mentioning here. But still a great selection for allpost #6 of 99/8/11 at 2:28pm
I went to this shop today thanks to this post, they really have several headphones, as far as I can remember there were boses, sennheisers, grados and then sony. Each brand has 6 (8?) models (may be more if you don't bother asking). They now have good sound outputs with songs that range from classica to pop, anyway I think it's still better to take your on device with the songs of choice :). Well the headphones are a little old some of them may not have the sound of a new one as I could make sure with the one I took.
ps.: got a Grado SR80, although a Bose of same price was really attractive, I think if it was not for that *techy* design and a considerable noise I would go for the bose. I don't know much about headphones to be honest.
Edited by hscadore - 9/8/11 at 2:35pmpost #7 of 99/8/11 at 2:34pm
Glad my post helped. I've been searching for a shop like this for a while but there haven't been any good posts online so far.
Seems like they fixed the sound outputs. Last time I was there they weren't working. Oh and congrats on your purchase, the SR80i are quite nice. And welcome to Head-Fi toopost #8 of 99/18/11 at 7:17pm
thanks, that was a priceless advice. In the end I didn't take the time to look for more shops as I just had one morning left in London at that point. There were other shops between tottenham station and this shop that might be worth taking a look for better prices (not sure).
Edited by hscadore - 9/23/11 at 4:41pmpost #9 of 95/19/13 at 6:56pm
You can try out quite a good selection at Selfridges on Oxford street.
Directions: Get off the tube/underground train at Bond Street station and go left for about 50 metre and the store is opposite.
They have the Sennheiser HD800's which I tried (excellent but cost about £1000), Denons, Ultrasones, and many more.
They are all on display where you can play your ipod or phone etc. through to the headphones.
The staff let me try the HD800's which were not on an open display but in a glass cabinet, due to their cost I expect, on a Marantz CD player and Marantz amplifier that they have set up there, which I'm sure is still an option if you want to use it.
I was only there last week so you can definitely go there and try them.
Good luck with your choice.
- Headphone shop in central London
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › IEM Recommendations for EDM 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 5 minutes ago
- › IEMs/Headphones for guitar amp 5 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...