I'm looking for a pair of headphones around the 200 dollar price point. Im looking for a suggestion of headphones that deliver a very good bass and sound really good with hip hop. Im steering away from beats by dre. Some headphones that ive been looking at so far are the ath m50s, skullcandy aviators, and ultrasones. Ive heard that the m50s have some wierd thing going on were thev lost bass in the new boxing. idk if that rumors true but i seem to be hearing it everywhere. I'm just looking for the right headphone with a ton of bass thatll make my hip hop sound awesome! also just as a note i own the rockford fosgate punch plug earphones and i absolutely love them. Im looking for headphones not earphones but im just saying that i love the kind of music that they produce so just putting that out there.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 1/31/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any opinions on the Denon AH-D1100? Last post on 4/14/11 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me pick a good set of headphones please Last post on 1/17/11 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XB-700 with e5 amp vs XB-500 Unamped? Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)post #1 of 71/28/11 at 10:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/28/11 at 10:14pm
The Denon D1100s have a crapload of bass (both impact and warmth), and it still manages to be mostly controlled. $120 on Amazon:post #3 of 71/29/11 at 2:12ampost #4 of 71/29/11 at 5:33am
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).post #5 of 71/29/11 at 5:53amQuote:Originally Posted by rockgod213
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).
+1post #6 of 72/11/11 at 5:50pmpost #7 of 72/11/11 at 6:02pm
If you want pure bass quantity, I think the MDR XB700s would be a good fit for you.
Personally, I love my ATH-M50s for Hip-Hop. They manage to have a lot of bass (good, detailed, textured bass) while still retaining a nice balance.
- Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 2 seconds ago
- › Klipsch's NEW line of Reference X IEMs (X6i, XR8i, X12i, X20i) 23 seconds ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 33 seconds ago
- › Power amp recommendation 56 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Amfiton TDS16 Echo transplant into AudioTechnica ATH-AD500 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone edition 10 "THE BUTTERFLY" initial impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 3 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear