I'm looking for a pair of headphones around the 200 dollar price point. Im looking for a suggestion of headphones that deliver a very good bass and sound really good with hip hop. Im steering away from beats by dre. Some headphones that ive been looking at so far are the ath m50s, skullcandy aviators, and ultrasones. Ive heard that the m50s have some wierd thing going on were thev lost bass in the new boxing. idk if that rumors true but i seem to be hearing it everywhere. I'm just looking for the right headphone with a ton of bass thatll make my hip hop sound awesome! also just as a note i own the rockford fosgate punch plug earphones and i absolutely love them. Im looking for headphones not earphones but im just saying that i love the kind of music that they produce so just putting that out there.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 1/31/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any opinions on the Denon AH-D1100? Last post on 4/14/11 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me pick a good set of headphones please Last post on 1/17/11 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XB-700 with e5 amp vs XB-500 Unamped? Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)post #1 of 71/28/11 at 10:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/28/11 at 10:14pm
The Denon D1100s have a crapload of bass (both impact and warmth), and it still manages to be mostly controlled. $120 on Amazon:post #3 of 71/29/11 at 2:12ampost #4 of 71/29/11 at 5:33am
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).post #5 of 71/29/11 at 5:53amQuote:Originally Posted by rockgod213
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).
+1post #6 of 72/11/11 at 5:50pmpost #7 of 72/11/11 at 6:02pm
If you want pure bass quantity, I think the MDR XB700s would be a good fit for you.
Personally, I love my ATH-M50s for Hip-Hop. They manage to have a lot of bass (good, detailed, textured bass) while still retaining a nice balance.
- Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Is the Hifiman HE-6 clearly a league above the Hifiman HE-500? 10 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 10 seconds ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee - Limited 90th Anniversary Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 5 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)