I'm looking for a pair of headphones around the 200 dollar price point. Im looking for a suggestion of headphones that deliver a very good bass and sound really good with hip hop. Im steering away from beats by dre. Some headphones that ive been looking at so far are the ath m50s, skullcandy aviators, and ultrasones. Ive heard that the m50s have some wierd thing going on were thev lost bass in the new boxing. idk if that rumors true but i seem to be hearing it everywhere. I'm just looking for the right headphone with a ton of bass thatll make my hip hop sound awesome! also just as a note i own the rockford fosgate punch plug earphones and i absolutely love them. Im looking for headphones not earphones but im just saying that i love the kind of music that they produce so just putting that out there.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 1/31/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any opinions on the Denon AH-D1100? Last post on 4/14/11 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me pick a good set of headphones please Last post on 1/17/11 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XB-700 with e5 amp vs XB-500 Unamped? Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)post #1 of 71/28/11 at 10:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/28/11 at 10:14pm
The Denon D1100s have a crapload of bass (both impact and warmth), and it still manages to be mostly controlled. $120 on Amazon:post #3 of 71/29/11 at 2:12ampost #4 of 71/29/11 at 5:33am
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).post #5 of 71/29/11 at 5:53amQuote:Originally Posted by rockgod213
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).
+1post #6 of 72/11/11 at 5:50pmpost #7 of 72/11/11 at 6:02pm
If you want pure bass quantity, I think the MDR XB700s would be a good fit for you.
Personally, I love my ATH-M50s for Hip-Hop. They manage to have a lot of bass (good, detailed, textured bass) while still retaining a nice balance.
- Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 32 seconds ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › ZuperDac Crowd Funding. 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Question on hooking up Philips Fidelio x1, dss2, mixamp pro 2013, v... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2