I'm looking for a pair of headphones around the 200 dollar price point. Im looking for a suggestion of headphones that deliver a very good bass and sound really good with hip hop. Im steering away from beats by dre. Some headphones that ive been looking at so far are the ath m50s, skullcandy aviators, and ultrasones. Ive heard that the m50s have some wierd thing going on were thev lost bass in the new boxing. idk if that rumors true but i seem to be hearing it everywhere. I'm just looking for the right headphone with a ton of bass thatll make my hip hop sound awesome! also just as a note i own the rockford fosgate punch plug earphones and i absolutely love them. Im looking for headphones not earphones but im just saying that i love the kind of music that they produce so just putting that out there.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 1/31/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any opinions on the Denon AH-D1100? Last post on 4/14/11 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- help me pick a good set of headphones please Last post on 1/17/11 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XB-700 with e5 amp vs XB-500 Unamped? Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)post #1 of 71/28/11 at 10:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/28/11 at 10:14pm
The Denon D1100s have a crapload of bass (both impact and warmth), and it still manages to be mostly controlled. $120 on Amazon:post #3 of 71/29/11 at 2:12ampost #4 of 71/29/11 at 5:33am
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).post #5 of 71/29/11 at 5:53amQuote:Originally Posted by rockgod213
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).
+1post #6 of 72/11/11 at 5:50pmpost #7 of 72/11/11 at 6:02pm
If you want pure bass quantity, I think the MDR XB700s would be a good fit for you.
Personally, I love my ATH-M50s for Hip-Hop. They manage to have a lot of bass (good, detailed, textured bass) while still retaining a nice balance.
- Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 59 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 1 minute ago
- › OwnPhones.. 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)