I've been corresponding with Garry at Musical Paradise and he shared some information on the upcoming update of the MP-301. He said it would be okay if I posted this information here. I thought it might be of general interest, given the good reception the original MP-301 tube amp received.
Here is a list of improvements found in the MP-301 MK2.
- The output power will has been increased by 25% (6W Class A single ended).
- The power transformer is larger and uses better Z11/M6 EI core.
- It supports 6V6, 6L6 and EL34 tubes.
- The pre-amp tubes have been upgraded to 6SJ7.
- Two pairs of RCA inputs with switch have been added.
- 24K gold-plated RCA terminals and speaker terminals have been upgraded.
- The headphone plug has been moved to the front.
- A manual speaker and headphone switch is added, so the users do not need to unplug the headphone whenever they want to use speakers.
- Output transformers are upgraded to slightly larger and better Z11/M6 EI cores.
- The chassis is upgraded with aluminum face and back plates.
- Coupling caps have been upgraded to higher grade Wima and Rifa MKP.
- Cathode caps have been upgraded from Nippon to Big Blue Philips BC.
- Cathode resistors have also been upgraded to Dale. Made in USA.
- A choke has been added.
- It will be available in March. The price will be about $250.