Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony Piiq?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony Piiq?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

these look a lot like skullcandy, and im having nagging doubts in my head, but then again, its from sony. im looking at the Giiq ($50) and the Marqii ($99). i need to know if its worth paying double for the Marqii, although ive heard the sound from the Giiq isnt all that impressive. im going to be using these headphones for listening casually, and while playing the drums. 

post #2 of 9

Though I have absolutely no experience with giiqs, and marqiis, but my experience with sonys under the $100 range has not been so good.

 

But you can always return them if you don't like them right? so why not give it a try, and if you like it, keep it.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 

im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerican View Post

 beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.


We Down't lyke yur kynde arand hee.

 

I joke, but seriously, don't mention those in these forums. We don't like'em too much.

post #5 of 9

Unfortunately, those headphones are known to be overpriced for its sound (which I've heard fakes which sounded better, I'm dead serious here.)

They're only a fashion statement, nothing else. Don't buy them for their sound. A lot of times, colorful headphones have bad sound. (not always, but a lot times)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerican View Post

im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones. 

The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...

post #7 of 9

Unless you really want them for the looks, there are better sounding headphones for the money.

 

..Just having the name Sony doesn't mean that they're any good. Sony does have good headphones, but none of the Piiq line are on that list.

post #8 of 9


You say $200 is too much to pay for a decent pair of headphones, but you can get extremely good headphones for what you are already going to pay for some sub-par Marqii headphones.

 

Depending on what you want, you could get AKG K240S, Grado SR-60i, or the flavor of the month Audio Technica ATH-M50's, all for around that price.  If you want good bass and sound, look in to the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, you will probably be pleasently surprised.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerican View Post

oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones. 

The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerican View Post

oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones.

The point that he was trying to make was that there are much better alternatives to the Beats in that price range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony Piiq?