these look a lot like skullcandy, and im having nagging doubts in my head, but then again, its from sony. im looking at the Giiq ($50) and the Marqii ($99). i need to know if its worth paying double for the Marqii, although ive heard the sound from the Giiq isnt all that impressive. im going to be using these headphones for listening casually, and while playing the drums.
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony PIIQ Premium Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR-PQ1) - Pinktagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience Last post on 6/30/16 at 12:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions from my wallet... Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones $75-$125 Last post on 7/22/12 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ARGH! AKG K240 Sextett Help?! Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Sony Piiq?post #1 of 91/28/11 at 6:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/28/11 at 6:49pm
Though I have absolutely no experience with giiqs, and marqiis, but my experience with sonys under the $100 range has not been so good.
But you can always return them if you don't like them right? so why not give it a try, and if you like it, keep it.post #3 of 91/28/11 at 9:04pmThread Starter
im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.post #4 of 91/28/11 at 9:15pm
We Down't lyke yur kynde arand hee.
I joke, but seriously, don't mention those in these forums. We don't like'em too much.post #5 of 91/29/11 at 5:19am
Unfortunately, those headphones are known to be overpriced for its sound (which I've heard fakes which sounded better, I'm dead serious here.)
They're only a fashion statement, nothing else. Don't buy them for their sound. A lot of times, colorful headphones have bad sound. (not always, but a lot times)
post #6 of 91/30/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones.
The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...post #7 of 91/30/11 at 8:18pm
Unless you really want them for the looks, there are better sounding headphones for the money.
..Just having the name Sony doesn't mean that they're any good. Sony does have good headphones, but none of the Piiq line are on that list.post #8 of 91/30/11 at 8:36pm
You say $200 is too much to pay for a decent pair of headphones, but you can get extremely good headphones for what you are already going to pay for some sub-par Marqii headphones.
Depending on what you want, you could get AKG K240S, Grado SR-60i, or the flavor of the month Audio Technica ATH-M50's, all for around that price. If you want good bass and sound, look in to the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, you will probably be pleasently surprised.
post #9 of 91/30/11 at 8:53pm
- Sony Piiq?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Worthy upgrade from ATH MSR7 20 seconds ago
- › The AK320 thread 48 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › X2's worth the extra $$ over the SHP9500? 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FlipEars (CIEM, Made in the Philippines) 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...