these look a lot like skullcandy, and im having nagging doubts in my head, but then again, its from sony. im looking at the Giiq ($50) and the Marqii ($99). i need to know if its worth paying double for the Marqii, although ive heard the sound from the Giiq isnt all that impressive. im going to be using these headphones for listening casually, and while playing the drums.
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony PIIQ Premium Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR-PQ1) - Pinktagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience Last post on 2/8/15 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions from my wallet... Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones $75-$125 Last post on 7/22/12 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ARGH! AKG K240 Sextett Help?! Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Sony Piiq?post #1 of 91/28/11 at 6:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/28/11 at 6:49pm
Though I have absolutely no experience with giiqs, and marqiis, but my experience with sonys under the $100 range has not been so good.
But you can always return them if you don't like them right? so why not give it a try, and if you like it, keep it.post #3 of 91/28/11 at 9:04pmThread Starter
im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.post #4 of 91/28/11 at 9:15pm
We Down't lyke yur kynde arand hee.
I joke, but seriously, don't mention those in these forums. We don't like'em too much.post #5 of 91/29/11 at 5:19am
Unfortunately, those headphones are known to be overpriced for its sound (which I've heard fakes which sounded better, I'm dead serious here.)
They're only a fashion statement, nothing else. Don't buy them for their sound. A lot of times, colorful headphones have bad sound. (not always, but a lot times)
post #6 of 91/30/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones.
The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...post #7 of 91/30/11 at 8:18pm
Unless you really want them for the looks, there are better sounding headphones for the money.
..Just having the name Sony doesn't mean that they're any good. Sony does have good headphones, but none of the Piiq line are on that list.post #8 of 91/30/11 at 8:36pm
You say $200 is too much to pay for a decent pair of headphones, but you can get extremely good headphones for what you are already going to pay for some sub-par Marqii headphones.
Depending on what you want, you could get AKG K240S, Grado SR-60i, or the flavor of the month Audio Technica ATH-M50's, all for around that price. If you want good bass and sound, look in to the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, you will probably be pleasently surprised.
post #9 of 91/30/11 at 8:53pm
- Sony Piiq?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › wtf 2 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 seconds ago
- › Rave review of the 'Astonishing' KingSound KS-H3 headphones 31 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 34 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Beats by Dr. Dre - Beats Studio Over-Ear Sound Isolating Headphones... 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Will a conversion from WAV to AIFF within Itunes cause too much... 1 minute ago
- › Top Gear 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2