these look a lot like skullcandy, and im having nagging doubts in my head, but then again, its from sony. im looking at the Giiq ($50) and the Marqii ($99). i need to know if its worth paying double for the Marqii, although ive heard the sound from the Giiq isnt all that impressive. im going to be using these headphones for listening casually, and while playing the drums.
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony PIIQ Premium Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR-PQ1) - Pinktagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions from my wallet... Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones $75-$125 Last post on 7/22/12 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ARGH! AKG K240 Sextett Help?! Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Sony Piiq?post #1 of 91/28/11 at 6:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/28/11 at 6:49pm
Though I have absolutely no experience with giiqs, and marqiis, but my experience with sonys under the $100 range has not been so good.
But you can always return them if you don't like them right? so why not give it a try, and if you like it, keep it.post #3 of 91/28/11 at 9:04pmThread Starter
im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.post #4 of 91/28/11 at 9:15pm
We Down't lyke yur kynde arand hee.
I joke, but seriously, don't mention those in these forums. We don't like'em too much.post #5 of 91/29/11 at 5:19am
Unfortunately, those headphones are known to be overpriced for its sound (which I've heard fakes which sounded better, I'm dead serious here.)
They're only a fashion statement, nothing else. Don't buy them for their sound. A lot of times, colorful headphones have bad sound. (not always, but a lot times)
post #6 of 91/30/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones.
The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...post #7 of 91/30/11 at 8:18pm
Unless you really want them for the looks, there are better sounding headphones for the money.
..Just having the name Sony doesn't mean that they're any good. Sony does have good headphones, but none of the Piiq line are on that list.post #8 of 91/30/11 at 8:36pm
You say $200 is too much to pay for a decent pair of headphones, but you can get extremely good headphones for what you are already going to pay for some sub-par Marqii headphones.
Depending on what you want, you could get AKG K240S, Grado SR-60i, or the flavor of the month Audio Technica ATH-M50's, all for around that price. If you want good bass and sound, look in to the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, you will probably be pleasently surprised.
post #9 of 91/30/11 at 8:53pm
- Sony Piiq?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp 2 seconds ago
- › The Mental Release Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 38 seconds ago
- › FS Ultrasone Edition 9 59 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 59 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audioengine A5+ vs KRK Rokit RP6 G3 2 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude