these look a lot like skullcandy, and im having nagging doubts in my head, but then again, its from sony. im looking at the Giiq ($50) and the Marqii ($99). i need to know if its worth paying double for the Marqii, although ive heard the sound from the Giiq isnt all that impressive. im going to be using these headphones for listening casually, and while playing the drums.
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony PIIQ Premium Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR-PQ1) - Pinktagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience Last post on 9/22/16 at 1:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions from my wallet... Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones $75-$125 Last post on 7/22/12 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ARGH! AKG K240 Sextett Help?! Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
Sony Piiq?post #1 of 91/28/11 at 6:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/28/11 at 6:49pm
Though I have absolutely no experience with giiqs, and marqiis, but my experience with sonys under the $100 range has not been so good.
But you can always return them if you don't like them right? so why not give it a try, and if you like it, keep it.post #3 of 91/28/11 at 9:04pmThread Starter
im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.post #4 of 91/28/11 at 9:15pm
We Down't lyke yur kynde arand hee.
I joke, but seriously, don't mention those in these forums. We don't like'em too much.post #5 of 91/29/11 at 5:19am
Unfortunately, those headphones are known to be overpriced for its sound (which I've heard fakes which sounded better, I'm dead serious here.)
They're only a fashion statement, nothing else. Don't buy them for their sound. A lot of times, colorful headphones have bad sound. (not always, but a lot times)
post #6 of 91/30/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones.
The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...post #7 of 91/30/11 at 8:18pm
Unless you really want them for the looks, there are better sounding headphones for the money.
..Just having the name Sony doesn't mean that they're any good. Sony does have good headphones, but none of the Piiq line are on that list.post #8 of 91/30/11 at 8:36pm
You say $200 is too much to pay for a decent pair of headphones, but you can get extremely good headphones for what you are already going to pay for some sub-par Marqii headphones.
Depending on what you want, you could get AKG K240S, Grado SR-60i, or the flavor of the month Audio Technica ATH-M50's, all for around that price. If you want good bass and sound, look in to the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, you will probably be pleasently surprised.
post #9 of 91/30/11 at 8:53pm
- Sony Piiq?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ROCK JAW AUDIO: Resonate IEM – The Grand Tour 49 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 53 seconds ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Hello everyone, I need your help. 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gearbest's Headphones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear