these look a lot like skullcandy, and im having nagging doubts in my head, but then again, its from sony. im looking at the Giiq ($50) and the Marqii ($99). i need to know if its worth paying double for the Marqii, although ive heard the sound from the Giiq isnt all that impressive. im going to be using these headphones for listening casually, and while playing the drums.
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSony PIIQ Premium Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR-PQ1) - Pinktagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience Last post on 5/17/15 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions from my wallet... Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones $75-$125 Last post on 7/22/12 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ARGH! AKG K240 Sextett Help?! Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Sony Piiq?post #1 of 91/28/11 at 6:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/28/11 at 6:49pm
Though I have absolutely no experience with giiqs, and marqiis, but my experience with sonys under the $100 range has not been so good.
But you can always return them if you don't like them right? so why not give it a try, and if you like it, keep it.post #3 of 91/28/11 at 9:04pmThread Starter
im leaning towards the marqii, ill ask em for my birthday, ive heard the sound quality is superior to the giiq. i guess this will be my first baby step to those beats by dre studio ive been craving for since i was born.post #4 of 91/28/11 at 9:15pm
We Down't lyke yur kynde arand hee.
I joke, but seriously, don't mention those in these forums. We don't like'em too much.post #5 of 91/29/11 at 5:19am
Unfortunately, those headphones are known to be overpriced for its sound (which I've heard fakes which sounded better, I'm dead serious here.)
They're only a fashion statement, nothing else. Don't buy them for their sound. A lot of times, colorful headphones have bad sound. (not always, but a lot times)
post #6 of 91/30/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
oh sorry, and yeah, i guess $200 is too much to pump out for a pair of decent headphones.
The Giiq has better reviews than the more expensive Marqii, but the reviews also say the marqii has better bass and sound...post #7 of 91/30/11 at 8:18pm
Unless you really want them for the looks, there are better sounding headphones for the money.
..Just having the name Sony doesn't mean that they're any good. Sony does have good headphones, but none of the Piiq line are on that list.post #8 of 91/30/11 at 8:36pm
You say $200 is too much to pay for a decent pair of headphones, but you can get extremely good headphones for what you are already going to pay for some sub-par Marqii headphones.
Depending on what you want, you could get AKG K240S, Grado SR-60i, or the flavor of the month Audio Technica ATH-M50's, all for around that price. If you want good bass and sound, look in to the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, you will probably be pleasently surprised.
post #9 of 91/30/11 at 8:53pm
- Sony Piiq?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval Interconnect XLR 1m NEW !! 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 7 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 10 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 10 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have anything to say against me buy a Shure SE215? 12 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2