Been using these for about two weeks now and they sound great I want to try different tips to hear the difference. What are some good tips to use for the xcapes i hve heard that the Monster SuperTips, Shure E2c and shure/comply foams are good but are there any other good ones. I can get the monster supertips from bestbuy in the US. I would prefer to buy tips from a store near Vancouver area but wouldn't mind ordering them online if nothing else.
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/28/11
- brandMonstertagged by System, 1/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/28/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony EPEX10A/WHI Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (White)tagged by System, 2/19/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 1/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Best" all around trebly IEM under $200? Last post on 7/24/11 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bugden Audio Customer Service? Last post on 12/7/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition Last post on 1/16/13 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A few questions about RE0 -> DBA-02 Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been trying different tips on my Xcapes, and I'm now back to the OEM single flange, quite deeply inserted. It gives a very nice bass presence and extension while staying balanced with the rest of the spectrum.
I was pretty happy with Shure E2c single flange, but kept leaving one behind in my left ear unless I was VERY careful about removing the housing. That gets old fast. The E2c tips have been most comfortable, but the bass could be overly prominent on some tracks. Anybody have some good ideas to prevent the tip coming off the nozzle when removing?
I've also tried the wide variety of OEM tips from Fischer DBA-02's (the Fischer OEM tips were kinda loose on the smaller nozzle diameter). The Fischer black single flange was pretty good, as was the large biflange from Head-Direct. Smaller biflanges like those from Head-Direct, MEElec and those included by Sunrise didn't work for me.
I've been using the single flange tips from my Nuforce Ne-6 most of the time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good seal with the included tips.
The comply t400 foams are really good with these for better isolation and a slightly warmer sound.
I doubt it. Olives were a very tight fit on the 3.5mm nozzles of the DBA-02's, and the Xcape nozzles are 5mm. Don't know about de-coring Olives, however.
I bought both the Sony Hybrids and the comply t-400s. The comply foams are more warm sounding and provide better grip and isolation, I really like it. The hybrids are a pain to put on but I think the sound is slightly better than the stock tips. Might switch the tips back and forth ,also thanks for the recommendations and sites :D
- SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 4 seconds ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 49 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)