Been using these for about two weeks now and they sound great I want to try different tips to hear the difference. What are some good tips to use for the xcapes i hve heard that the Monster SuperTips, Shure E2c and shure/comply foams are good but are there any other good ones. I can get the monster supertips from bestbuy in the US. I would prefer to buy tips from a store near Vancouver area but wouldn't mind ordering them online if nothing else.
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Best" all around trebly IEM under $200? Last post on 7/24/11 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bugden Audio Customer Service? Last post on 12/7/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition Last post on 1/16/13 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A few questions about RE0 -> DBA-02 Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been trying different tips on my Xcapes, and I'm now back to the OEM single flange, quite deeply inserted. It gives a very nice bass presence and extension while staying balanced with the rest of the spectrum.
I was pretty happy with Shure E2c single flange, but kept leaving one behind in my left ear unless I was VERY careful about removing the housing. That gets old fast. The E2c tips have been most comfortable, but the bass could be overly prominent on some tracks. Anybody have some good ideas to prevent the tip coming off the nozzle when removing?
I've also tried the wide variety of OEM tips from Fischer DBA-02's (the Fischer OEM tips were kinda loose on the smaller nozzle diameter). The Fischer black single flange was pretty good, as was the large biflange from Head-Direct. Smaller biflanges like those from Head-Direct, MEElec and those included by Sunrise didn't work for me.
I've been using the single flange tips from my Nuforce Ne-6 most of the time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good seal with the included tips.
The comply t400 foams are really good with these for better isolation and a slightly warmer sound.
I doubt it. Olives were a very tight fit on the 3.5mm nozzles of the DBA-02's, and the Xcape nozzles are 5mm. Don't know about de-coring Olives, however.
I bought both the Sony Hybrids and the comply t-400s. The comply foams are more warm sounding and provide better grip and isolation, I really like it. The hybrids are a pain to put on but I think the sound is slightly better than the stock tips. Might switch the tips back and forth ,also thanks for the recommendations and sites :D
- SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 33 seconds ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: Does life seem worthwhile... 3 minutes ago
- › Peer groups, self selection, the breadth of the audiophile community 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 3 minutes ago
- › BOSE QC15 Active Noise Cancelling headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - Reviewing HRT's Music Streamer HD - Reaching Out to... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe