Been using these for about two weeks now and they sound great I want to try different tips to hear the difference. What are some good tips to use for the xcapes i hve heard that the Monster SuperTips, Shure E2c and shure/comply foams are good but are there any other good ones. I can get the monster supertips from bestbuy in the US. I would prefer to buy tips from a store near Vancouver area but wouldn't mind ordering them online if nothing else.
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/28/11
- brandMonstertagged by System, 1/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/28/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony EPEX10A/WHI Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (White)tagged by System, 2/19/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 1/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Best" all around trebly IEM under $200? Last post on 7/24/11 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bugden Audio Customer Service? Last post on 12/7/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A few questions about RE0 -> DBA-02 Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been trying different tips on my Xcapes, and I'm now back to the OEM single flange, quite deeply inserted. It gives a very nice bass presence and extension while staying balanced with the rest of the spectrum.
I was pretty happy with Shure E2c single flange, but kept leaving one behind in my left ear unless I was VERY careful about removing the housing. That gets old fast. The E2c tips have been most comfortable, but the bass could be overly prominent on some tracks. Anybody have some good ideas to prevent the tip coming off the nozzle when removing?
I've also tried the wide variety of OEM tips from Fischer DBA-02's (the Fischer OEM tips were kinda loose on the smaller nozzle diameter). The Fischer black single flange was pretty good, as was the large biflange from Head-Direct. Smaller biflanges like those from Head-Direct, MEElec and those included by Sunrise didn't work for me.
I've been using the single flange tips from my Nuforce Ne-6 most of the time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good seal with the included tips.
The comply t400 foams are really good with these for better isolation and a slightly warmer sound.
I doubt it. Olives were a very tight fit on the 3.5mm nozzles of the DBA-02's, and the Xcape nozzles are 5mm. Don't know about de-coring Olives, however.
I bought both the Sony Hybrids and the comply t-400s. The comply foams are more warm sounding and provide better grip and isolation, I really like it. The hybrids are a pain to put on but I think the sound is slightly better than the stock tips. Might switch the tips back and forth ,also thanks for the recommendations and sites :D
- SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › nuforce DDA-100 speaker wiring question... 57 seconds ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › M6 PRO Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3