Been using these for about two weeks now and they sound great I want to try different tips to hear the difference. What are some good tips to use for the xcapes i hve heard that the Monster SuperTips, Shure E2c and shure/comply foams are good but are there any other good ones. I can get the monster supertips from bestbuy in the US. I would prefer to buy tips from a store near Vancouver area but wouldn't mind ordering them online if nothing else.
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/28/11
- brandMonstertagged by System, 1/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/28/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony EPEX10A/WHI Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (White)tagged by System, 2/19/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 1/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Best" all around trebly IEM under $200? Last post on 7/24/11 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bugden Audio Customer Service? Last post on 12/7/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A few questions about RE0 -> DBA-02 Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
SW-Xcape recommended ear tipspost #1 of 111/28/11 at 1:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/28/11 at 2:42pmpost #3 of 111/28/11 at 4:33pm
I've been trying different tips on my Xcapes, and I'm now back to the OEM single flange, quite deeply inserted. It gives a very nice bass presence and extension while staying balanced with the rest of the spectrum.
I was pretty happy with Shure E2c single flange, but kept leaving one behind in my left ear unless I was VERY careful about removing the housing. That gets old fast. The E2c tips have been most comfortable, but the bass could be overly prominent on some tracks. Anybody have some good ideas to prevent the tip coming off the nozzle when removing?
I've also tried the wide variety of OEM tips from Fischer DBA-02's (the Fischer OEM tips were kinda loose on the smaller nozzle diameter). The Fischer black single flange was pretty good, as was the large biflange from Head-Direct. Smaller biflanges like those from Head-Direct, MEElec and those included by Sunrise didn't work for me.post #4 of 111/29/11 at 3:00amThread Starterpost #5 of 112/13/11 at 11:07pmpost #6 of 112/14/11 at 4:20ampost #7 of 112/14/11 at 6:38am
I've been using the single flange tips from my Nuforce Ne-6 most of the time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good seal with the included tips.
The comply t400 foams are really good with these for better isolation and a slightly warmer sound.post #8 of 112/14/11 at 8:09am
I doubt it. Olives were a very tight fit on the 3.5mm nozzles of the DBA-02's, and the Xcape nozzles are 5mm. Don't know about de-coring Olives, however.
post #9 of 112/15/11 at 1:09amThread Starterpost #10 of 112/15/11 at 3:21pmpost #11 of 112/19/11 at 11:49pmThread Starter
I bought both the Sony Hybrids and the comply t-400s. The comply foams are more warm sounding and provide better grip and isolation, I really like it. The hybrids are a pain to put on but I think the sound is slightly better than the stock tips. Might switch the tips back and forth ,also thanks for the recommendations and sites :DReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ibasso it03 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] Beat audio Signal cable - 4.4mm balanced MMCX 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear