Agh, more money to spend.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/28/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review Last post on 7/18/14 at 9:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e17 problem Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
- Headphone Impedance
fiio e17 speculations? - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
correct :) and all that hype....ill join the bandwagon :)
JDSlabs Cmoy with bassboost much better with DT770. You don't need a DAC and fiio sound is to refined for this bassmonster headphone.
Another person just asked that yesterday:
Here is the post.
I would have to test that sometime when I'm at my E17 and get back with you. Based on what I recall about it that should work without any accessories. The sound from the E17 is very good for the price. To my knowledge there isn't anything in it's general SQ range for that price.
I would consider the D3 (if you want a Wolfson chip), the D03k Taishan and the D07 (if you'll ever need a Dolby/DTS-compatible DAC) as well. You can power it with one of your TV's USB ports (if it has any) so it would basically power on with your TV. :)
I have the DO3 Taishan hooked up to my tv and in addition, use the e17 as an amp. It gives plenty of volume to my dt 770/80's for netflix and gaming.
Edited by MUSICCURE - 8/21/13 at 12:01pm
I did the tests. I'm not sure if my E17 has an issue, but the toslink input using the supplied adapter didn't work with signals from my blu ray player. It worked fine on my receiver, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It might not have been able to use the mix supplied from the disc I used, or the spdif in on the e17 just doesn't work. I primarily use it as a pc dac through usb which works fine, so I don't really care enough to look into it further.
Others brought up the point that a standalone dac may be all you need if you don't need an amp as well. I can definitely say that the sound from the E17 - when it works - is well worth the money. It's a very versatile unit as well.
Make sure you ain't playing any music / sound on the Blu-ray player that is not stereo. E17 only decodes stereo. It won't do Dolby or 5.1 surround sound stuff.
- fiio e17 speculations?
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 2 minutes ago
- › INCREDIBLE!! THE YOUNGER SIBLING OF PROJECT SUNRISE 2--THE NEW... 2 minutes ago
- › Holy Schiit! Add DSD to any DAC for $149. Meet Loki... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Amazon Music vs. Google Play Music regarding sound quality 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...