Agh, more money to spend.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/28/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review Last post on 7/18/14 at 9:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e17 problem Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
- Headphone Impedance
fiio e17 speculations? - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
correct :) and all that hype....ill join the bandwagon :)
JDSlabs Cmoy with bassboost much better with DT770. You don't need a DAC and fiio sound is to refined for this bassmonster headphone.
Another person just asked that yesterday:
Here is the post.
I would have to test that sometime when I'm at my E17 and get back with you. Based on what I recall about it that should work without any accessories. The sound from the E17 is very good for the price. To my knowledge there isn't anything in it's general SQ range for that price.
I would consider the D3 (if you want a Wolfson chip), the D03k Taishan and the D07 (if you'll ever need a Dolby/DTS-compatible DAC) as well. You can power it with one of your TV's USB ports (if it has any) so it would basically power on with your TV. :)
I have the DO3 Taishan hooked up to my tv and in addition, use the e17 as an amp. It gives plenty of volume to my dt 770/80's for netflix and gaming.
Edited by MUSICCURE - 8/21/13 at 12:01pm
I did the tests. I'm not sure if my E17 has an issue, but the toslink input using the supplied adapter didn't work with signals from my blu ray player. It worked fine on my receiver, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It might not have been able to use the mix supplied from the disc I used, or the spdif in on the e17 just doesn't work. I primarily use it as a pc dac through usb which works fine, so I don't really care enough to look into it further.
Others brought up the point that a standalone dac may be all you need if you don't need an amp as well. I can definitely say that the sound from the E17 - when it works - is well worth the money. It's a very versatile unit as well.
Make sure you ain't playing any music / sound on the Blu-ray player that is not stereo. E17 only decodes stereo. It won't do Dolby or 5.1 surround sound stuff.
- fiio e17 speculations?
- › Do I need a DAP? 1 minute ago
- › Speaker stands for the desktop? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX For Sale - Barely Used - No rattle/Issues 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)