Agh, more money to spend.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/28/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review Last post on 7/18/14 at 9:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e17 problem Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
- Headphone Impedance
fiio e17 speculations? - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
correct :) and all that hype....ill join the bandwagon :)
JDSlabs Cmoy with bassboost much better with DT770. You don't need a DAC and fiio sound is to refined for this bassmonster headphone.
Another person just asked that yesterday:
Here is the post.
I would have to test that sometime when I'm at my E17 and get back with you. Based on what I recall about it that should work without any accessories. The sound from the E17 is very good for the price. To my knowledge there isn't anything in it's general SQ range for that price.
I would consider the D3 (if you want a Wolfson chip), the D03k Taishan and the D07 (if you'll ever need a Dolby/DTS-compatible DAC) as well. You can power it with one of your TV's USB ports (if it has any) so it would basically power on with your TV. :)
I have the DO3 Taishan hooked up to my tv and in addition, use the e17 as an amp. It gives plenty of volume to my dt 770/80's for netflix and gaming.
Edited by MUSICCURE - 8/21/13 at 12:01pm
I did the tests. I'm not sure if my E17 has an issue, but the toslink input using the supplied adapter didn't work with signals from my blu ray player. It worked fine on my receiver, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It might not have been able to use the mix supplied from the disc I used, or the spdif in on the e17 just doesn't work. I primarily use it as a pc dac through usb which works fine, so I don't really care enough to look into it further.
Others brought up the point that a standalone dac may be all you need if you don't need an amp as well. I can definitely say that the sound from the E17 - when it works - is well worth the money. It's a very versatile unit as well.
Make sure you ain't playing any music / sound on the Blu-ray player that is not stereo. E17 only decodes stereo. It won't do Dolby or 5.1 surround sound stuff.
- fiio e17 speculations?
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 4 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...