Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › ARRIVED: new Rega DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ARRIVED: new Rega DAC - Page 13

post #181 of 489

I'm not sure, but I think the DAC would default to the first filter on power up.

 

With my initial impressions under my belt and your impressions, it'll be interesting to see what I hear when I get my Rega.  Hopefully by this weekend, though the store said it could be as late as Monday.  Bleah.

post #182 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

I'm not sure, but I think the DAC would default to the first filter on power up.

 

With my initial impressions under my belt and your impressions, it'll be interesting to see what I hear when I get my Rega.  Hopefully by this weekend, though the store said it could be as late as Monday.  Bleah.


No, the dac powers up in whatever mode it was left on.

 

post #183 of 489

Too bad this DAC only have a single RCA output... Will have some difficulty connecting to a headamp and an active speaker.

post #184 of 489

If you want to spend some money - audioquest rca splitter or the y-splitter cable should do the job. Or just get some cheap off ebay:) Or get your favorite cables custom made y-split

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkda0HMVDLVte0DZ5iSbQoQOUWwHSrGuzyocrwahJQUyRiK0Y-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmeMx_E2b2GP_TsvnMHQa1C23lTBt-5on4XGKtBaHVr2QvvXEe


Edited by ardilla - 5/20/11 at 7:39am
post #185 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwang View Post




No, the dac powers up in whatever mode it was left on.

 



Interesting.  Even after breaking down the system and removing the power cable?

post #186 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post





Interesting.  Even after breaking down the system and removing the power cable?

 

Well considering the fact that the power switch seems to be a real switch that just disconnects all power, as opposed to a soft switch, I'd say that it is the case.  Actually I think I did unplug it a few times to move around and it always kept the same input and filter selected.

 


 

 

post #187 of 489
Another rave review, I'm not the worlds greatestest Whathifi fan, but I think this one is spot- on, have fun!:
http://www.whathifi.com/review/rega-dac
Edited by dura - 5/23/11 at 1:02pm
post #188 of 489

I'm waiting for HA-160D stock (UK) before making an order. This Rega still gets my attention though.

 

I could pair the Rega DAC and an M-Stage for less then the HA-160D here in the UK. Tempting!

 

Anyone compared the two?

 

Anyone compared to an an Anedio D1 also?

post #189 of 489

Never heard a HA-160D, sorry.  Neither it nor the Rega are really all that common out here.

 

On another note, Rega DAC in the house!  Got it set up through a Pangea IEC to C5 adapter and one of my spare Powerlink cables right now and just listening to the initial sound.  It's hard to really pin how the sound is different than the demo unit I was borrowing, since it's been a little while, but I'm definitely liking much of what I'm hearing right out of the box.

post #190 of 489

Rega works magic with all their digital players.  

post #191 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by triiiangle View Post

Rega works magic with all their digital players.  


Amen to that; for the last 24 years I owned 10 cd players and 6 dacs that I came to know very well, and only the Apollo and the DAC gave me that long term satisfaction (have to say though, my thirth Rega digital source, the Planet2000 was not bad but still was on the wrong side of that thin line between keeper and will do for now).
post #192 of 489

Some random pics i snapped of the innards of the Rega DAC

 

http://img218.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=img4532d.jpg

post #193 of 489


Nice review of the Rega DAC.  I've owned the original Rega Planet, and still use the Rega Jupiter in my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dura View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by triiiangle View Post

Rega works magic with all their digital players.  




Amen to that; for the last 24 years I owned 10 cd players and 6 dacs that I came to know very well, and only the Apollo and the DAC gave me that long term satisfaction (have to say though, my thirth Rega digital source, the Planet2000 was not bad but still was on the wrong side of that thin line between keeper and will do for now).


 

post #194 of 489

Auditioning a Rega DAC as we speak. Even from a fresh start, it's highly engaging, musical and rhythmic. Music is very enjoyable. Fantastic! Perhaps this already has some hours clocked on it.

 

Using the NuForce HDP as the HD650 amp and preamp. The HDP DAC is a tad 'lifeless' in comparison, but in all fairness, comparisons are not optimal when the units are new.

 

M-Stage arrives this week, looking forward to pairing it with that. Will also have the M2Tech Young DAC and Matrix Mini-I to compare. Plus HD600s and hopefully LCD-2s, if the UK reseller gets back to me :¬)

 

Happy days!


Edited by Yoga - 6/15/11 at 12:46pm
post #195 of 489

Update: this DAC is something special. It's gotten better and better over the last few hours. I'm blown away, literally. My music collection has been universally upgraded with speed, accuracy, detail, smoothness and musicality; all transparently. It puts you in the music. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › ARRIVED: new Rega DAC