OK. Before you say there not comparable, this thread is about value as much as it is about sound.
I want these headphones for use on an iPhone and laptop. I will listen to music and watch movies. Also, I prefer to wear them looped over-ear which might rule some out as some are better at this than others.
My understanding so far:
RE-Zero - $90
- Not very bassy.
- Accurate sound reproduction.
- Perhaps a bit weak without an amp or powerful device (therefore maybe not ideal for iPhone).
- Might not be best to watch movies due to lack of bass.
Brainwavz M2 - $50
- Bassier, but not quite as accurate as RE-Zero.
- Very good for price.
- Perhaps better all round than RE-Zero when including move watching.
Panasonic RP-HJE900E-K - $150
- Seem to take the best of both the above.
- Maybe a bit heavy and perhaps not best for over-ear.
- But are they worth the extra money?
Klipsch Custom 3 - $160
- Not too different from Panas.
- In order to part with so much cash, I'd have to be truly convinced that these are really worth the extra money. All I know is they'd fit comfortably with my style of wearing.
From what I can gather, the Brainwavs M2s are the winner in so much as the RE-Zeros may not be best for what I want and probably aren't worth almost twice as much even if they were. Agree?
Following that track, are either of the others soooo good that they're worth an extra $100? Bear in mind these are just for an iPhone/laptop.
Thanks in advance for any input.