Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love - Page 6

post #76 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post




Metal is one of those music I don't listen much, but for what it worth - I don't think GR07 is picky on the genre of music. It is one of those that do well with most genres, but doesn't excess in any particular. More of a all-arounder IMO.

 

OK. I present my problem anyway. Now I have Brainwavz M3 and think about the upgrade. M3 is a good headphones, but with a fast, dynamic heavy music to them (or to me?:)) do not have enough mid-bass, aggressive, the sound is soft and cuddly. At the same time as the more quiet music, they sound beautiful. Will GR07 more suited for me, under the given conditions? 
 

 

post #77 of 581

What amp would u recommend for the gr07 clieos?

btw at 50 ohm impendance would the fuze have enough juice to power the gr07?

post #78 of 581

Clieos, does the hifiman 602 or 801 pair well with the gr07?

post #79 of 581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post



OK. I present my problem anyway. Now I have Brainwavz M3 and think about the upgrade. M3 is a good headphones, but with a fast, dynamic heavy music to them (or to me?:)) do not have enough mid-bass, aggressive, the sound is soft and cuddly. At the same time as the more quiet music, they sound beautiful. Will GR07 more suited for me, under the given conditions? 
 

All I can say is M3 is not a particularly fast IEM. GR07 on the other hand is faster, but it is not an aggressive sounding IEM in nature. If I have to compare, I'll say GR07 handles faster music better than M3.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by islubio View Post

What amp would u recommend for the gr07 clieos?

btw at 50 ohm impendance would the fuze have enough juice to power the gr07?

I won't really recommend amp (unless you are looking to squeeze the last 5% of SQ out of Fuze).  I have been using Fuze and Clip+ with GR07 unamped without any problem on volume. In fact, I haven't gone pass 60% max volume on Fuze with GR07.



Quote:
Originally Posted by trex998 View Post

Clieos, does the hifiman 602 or 801 pair well with the gr07?


Decent with 602 (slightly more laid back), quite well with 801.

 


Edited by ClieOS - 3/23/11 at 4:28am
post #80 of 581

btw anyone know what is the diameter of the nozzle?

wanna get some foam tips for the phones as i kinda hate silicon tips' fit and comfort. 

post #81 of 581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by islubio View Post

btw anyone know what is the diameter of the nozzle?

wanna get some foam tips for the phones as i kinda hate silicon tips' fit and comfort. 



A pair of Shure olive-like foam tips is already included in the package. However if you are looking alternative foam tips, I'll suggest JAYS. Comply probably won't hold onto the nozzle because of design.

post #82 of 581
Was thinking of getting some spare tips that would fit. I doubt the shure tips can fit right? How about us tips? Or is there any where I can get those vsonic foam tips?
post #83 of 581
Thread Starter 

Shure olive will fit, but a little tight. UE eartips are too big for GR07. The foam eartips that come with GR07 will last very long (almost as long as olive) and you can easily get a year or two out of it if you clean it from time to time (submerge with peroxide and wash with water). You can replace it with Shure olive afterward.

post #84 of 581

I decided to purchase a pair of 262's aswell.. The current pre-order being $149USD was to hard to pass up. Now i can pit both the GR07 and 262 against the DBA's and see how they fair. I hope to keep 2 pairs and 1 will be sold off! But who knows i may end up keeping all 3! We shall see! very_evil_smiley.gif

post #85 of 581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

We shall see! very_evil_smiley.gif


Ah, the poison spreads deep and wide. wink_face.gif

 

post #86 of 581

Hahah! Ive been looking at the J-phonics aswell! O noes!! But my next big buy is the Gilmore X2 when Justin starts taking pre orders. So im trying to hold off buying anything to expensive. blink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post




Ah, the poison spreads deep and wide. wink_face.gif

 



 

post #87 of 581
Where can we find peroxide? Pharmacy? Won't it corrode or melt the foam?
post #88 of 581

24032011245.jpg

24032011248.jpg

 

I really like it. good all arounder and just like the um3x as stated by clieos

post #89 of 581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by islubio View Post

Where can we find peroxide? Pharmacy? Won't it corrode or melt the foam?


Pharmacy peroxide is usually 3% solution, it will take tons of it to do anything to the IEM, if anything at all. Peroxide works by releasing oxygen into the contact surface which disinfect (most pathogen can't stand oxygen) and the bubbling action helps desorb earwax into the water. There is no chemical action involved.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywallethurts View Post

I really like it. good all arounder and just like the um3x as stated by clieos


Give it some burn-in and it will open up more.

 

post #90 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Give it some burn-in and it will open up more.

 

did you use pink/brown/white noises to improve bass or just normal burn in?
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love