Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love - Page 38

post #556 of 578

Not sure if you were talking to me, but I can tell you:

 

1. I listen w/ no eq. MK2 bass is PLENTY.

2. I did not like the Triple Fi 10 because of the horrible mids. Vocals were always behind a cloud.

post #557 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

Would anyone in the USA who owns the GR07 MK1 (or MK1.1) be able to lend them to the user eke2k6 for a 3 way shootout between all the existing GR07 models to this date: MK1 vs MK2 vs BE? That would be a really nice comparison to see and read about, no? If anyone is willing to do it, please contact eke2k6 by PM...

 

Thanks!  beerchug.gif

In short:

- MK1 is clear, but sibilant (hiss sound)

- MK2 same thing, but a slightly better cable

- The new gr07 BE has dramatically reduced the sibilance, retained the better cable, and added (wait for it...) bass.

 

Sure, the old gr07s might have enough bass, but why settle for enough?

 

If we were comparing the interiors on Audis and BMWs.... Sure, the BMW is good enough on its own, but Audi is so much better, and you never want to look back.

post #558 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtime Lurker View Post

In short:
- MK1 is clear, but sibilant (hiss sound)
- MK2 same thing, but a slightly better cable
- The new gr07 BE has dramatically reduced the sibilance, retained the better cable, and added (wait for it...) bass.

Sure, the old gr07s might have enough bass, but why settle for enough?

If we were comparing the interiors on Audis and BMWs.... Sure, the BMW is good enough on its own, but Audi is so much better, and you never want to look back.

In shorter:
Becuase you are looking at it purely from the perspective of someone that likes more bass. This is shockingly not a universal perspective.

And that analogy isn't even close to being applicable (and also looking at it from a mainly materials perspective).
post #559 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


In shorter:
Becuase you are looking at it purely from the perspective of someone that likes more bass. This is shockingly not a universal perspective.

And that analogy isn't even close to being applicable (and also looking at it from a mainly materials perspective).


Looking at it from a perspective of someone who likes bass, period.

 

Here, let me walk you through the analogy. The old 07s, have standard/ok bass to please an average listener who doesn't listen to genres that require much bass. But the new ones are so much more alive, and do more than necessary.

 

Sure, BMWs interiors are so-so. It's for people who just want to get from point A to point B. But Audi's are world-class. If you really think BMW has better interiors...then I might have to suggest seeking help.

 

Hopefully, now you are able to connect the two, as I did not find it too challenging.

post #560 of 578
Sigh. Thanks for your help in walking me through your incredibly complex analogy. Will you hold my hand next time?

You're still looking at it from one perspective. Just saying likes bass "period" is like looking at an object from only one side. There are many facets and dimensions to things. Maybe speed of bass is important to someone, or balance with midrange, or decay characteristics, or impact, or edge quality of notes, or timbre for instruments with fundamental frequencies in the bass range. I'm sure there's more. Then apply that to people who "like" midbass over subbass, or vice versa. Then you've got the accuracy people, which then brings the discussion of accuracy to what target.

And on what are you basing your "average listener?" You're grossly generalizing and panning a product on that very narrow perspective.

I'm not arguing with your opinion about car interiors. The Audi interior is very nice, for your viewpoint and your tastes. Thats my entire point.

And for the record, Audi interiors have better material quality, but they also tend to cost more within similar model ranges so you're paying for it. BMW made a business decision there. And honestly, from an aesthetic design perspective, Audi interiors bore the heck out of me, and I'm not really a fan of the canted and isolated toward the driver design because it alienates your passenger. It disrupts what I feel is an important flow across the dash and makes it seem like the passenger side is an afterthought (this reflects upon their target customer. biggrin.gif kidding kidding). I'm talking A4 vs 3 Series.
Edited by vwinter - 6/7/13 at 12:15pm
post #561 of 578
Lol why not just eq the low end so the bass is at its max. Why settle for just for bass on a flat eq. More is better right?
post #562 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Sigh. Thanks for your help in walking me through your incredibly complex analogy. Will you hold my hand next time?

You're still looking at it from one perspective. Just saying likes bass "period" is like looking at an object from only one side. There are many facets and dimensions to things. Maybe speed of bass is important to someone, or balance with midrange, or decay characteristics, or impact, or edge quality of notes, or timbre for instruments with fundamental frequencies in the bass range. I'm sure there's more. Then apply that to people who "like" midbass over subbass, or vice versa. Then you've got the accuracy people, which then brings the discussion of accuracy to what target.

And on what are you basing your "average listener?" You're grossly generalizing and panning a product on that very narrow perspective.

I'm not arguing with your opinion about car interiors. The Audi interior is very nice, for your viewpoint and your tastes. Thats my entire point.

And for the record, Audi interiors have better material quality, but they also tend to cost more within similar model ranges so you're paying for it. BMW made a business decision there. And honestly, from an aesthetic design perspective, Audi interiors bore the heck out of me, and I'm not really a fan of the canted and isolated toward the driver design because it alienates your passenger. It disrupts what I feel is an important flow across the dash and makes it seem like the passenger side is an afterthought (this reflects upon their target customer. biggrin.gif kidding kidding). I'm talking A4 vs 3 Series.

I'd be more than happy to hold your hand.wink.gif And I wouldn't consider it to be "narrow." In fact, I'd consider "accuracy" and most opinions on headfi to be in the extreme minority. Judging by the way those Beats are selling (I've never tried them), I'd imagine there are many more people who prefer bass than neutral, lifeless headphones (I know the audiophile term is "IEM"). Lol at "alienates your passenger."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobetastic View Post

Lol why not just eq the low end so the bass is at its max. Why settle for just for bass on a flat eq. More is better right?

It's like asking "why not just buy an old/low-end car and tune it?" I listen to different genres, and I would hate to have to constantly change EQ presets, when I feel like switching from Rock to Hip Hop. The BEs are ready to go all the time :)

post #563 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtime Lurker View Post

I'd be more than happy to hold your hand.wink.gif And I wouldn't consider it to be "narrow." In fact, I'd consider "accuracy" and most opinions on headfi to be in the extreme minority. Judging by the way those Beats are selling (I've never tried them), I'd imagine there are many more people who prefer bass than neutral, lifeless headphones (I know the audiophile term is "IEM"). Lol at "alienates your passenger."

Lol! Thanks wink.gif
I get where you're coming from, though you are posting to the extreme minority then. I appreciate headphones for what they are: if they do big bass and do it well then great, and if they do less bass and do it well, that's great too. That's my perspective. It's tough for me to rely on the beats thing because people are often led by trends and marketing and blind tests often show contrary (and I've recently witnessed it first hand), not that there aren't people who like big bass more (I know I do biggrin.gif and don't biggrin.gif).

Me and my gf sat in an A4, switching between passenger seat and driver. We both felt fine in the driver seat but not exactly comfortable in the passenger seat, like the car didn't want us in there kind of feeling lol. Best I can explain "alienate". We liked it overall though.
post #564 of 578
People do prefer a neutral response, Dr.Olive had a study of blind testing of loudspeakers and even the untrained listeners preferred flat. Thing is with so much discussion going on about drivers, brands, price, group mentality, it all gets very biased. Thus the Beats love or the FOTMs that goes on here
Edited by Inks - 6/7/13 at 10:41pm
post #565 of 578

Hello guys,

 

I just signed in to post my impressions. I'm not an expert like most of you guys are, but I'll try my best.

 

Thanks you anyway all of you for making me buy these earphones (6 days from China to France, thanks eBay).

 

First of all, I already have 3 headphones : the AKG 450, Sennheiser HD-25 & the Amperior. All of them gave me very good impression, but the Summer coming, I don't want to wear and carry a headphone with these hot days. I also had Jays J-jay but it stopped working after 1 year.

That's why I bought these headphones.
 

First impression : The hell is that sh*tty song ? It sounds soooo far away I can't even hear the bass. I then changed the tips and...

 

WOW, these details ! The sound is clear, a bit warm, like I love.... I enjoyed every single song I played (classical, handsup, trance, rap, dubstep, metal, rock...). You don't have to play it loud to appreciate the music. I didn't experience sibilance like some of you did. 
It was a bit hard for me to find a good fit/tip (there are plenty) but now it is comfortable and earphones won't move even if I headbang :P 
Isolation is quite good as at ~30% on my Galaxy S3 I couldnt hear my family members SPEAKING PRETTY LOUD.

It is still in burning phase, but it is verrrrry promising.
Actually, I like it as much as my Sennheiserz ! 

I will try to get more impressions in the next days/weeks.

(Pardon my English!)


Edited by Mayth - 6/29/13 at 3:12pm
post #566 of 578

After owning these headphones for about a week. I am a satisfied customer. These really put my RE0 into the bin. I am absolutely absorbed with the sound of the mid-bass and sub-bass. The mid-bass is punchy and fast, making tracks like Kanye West - All of the Lights very relaxing to listen to.

 

 

Quote:
This allows the listener (and often a performer as well) to remain fatigue free in a long listening session while not losing focus on what (s)he is listening.

 

 

I can not agree with this statement more. I am able to listen to these headphones for over five hours without ear fatigue - something that is not found while listening to the edginess of the HiFiMan RE0. Of course these headphones are twice the price. You get what you pay for.

 

Great review. It was a very interesting read.

 

 

Quote:
It was a bit hard for me to find a good fit/tip (there are plenty) but now it is comfortable and earphones won't move even if I headbang :P 

What tips are you using right now? I found the blue sony hybrid knock-offs (without the foam) to sound the best for me.


Edited by SHP53 - 8/9/13 at 7:01pm
post #567 of 578

I have only a question:

The v-sonic gr07 review in the "concise multi review" to what model of gr 07 stay for?

mk2? bass edition? None?

thanks for the answer

By the way, guide a bmw is more intense than an audi, maybe more difficult at start, but later more funnybiggrin.gif!

sorry for the ot and for my poor english i need more practiceregular_smile%20.gif

post #568 of 578
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoga80 View Post

I have only a question:

The v-sonic gr07 review in the "concise multi review" to what model of gr 07 stay for?

mk2? bass edition? None?

thanks for the answer

By the way, guide a bmw is more intense than an audi, maybe more difficult at start, but later more funnybiggrin.gif!

sorry for the ot and for my poor english i need more practiceregular_smile%20.gif

 

Both GR07 in the Concise Multi-IEM Comparison as well as in this thread are referring to the original GR07, NOT MK2 or Bass Ed.

post #569 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Both GR07 in the Concise Multi-IEM Comparison as well as in this thread are referring to the original GR07, NOT MK2 or Bass Ed.

 



And are you tested the others 2 too? what are the differences? ( i suppose the bass ed. have more bass :) ) The original GR07 are still in sale?

thanks for your answer and patience.

post #570 of 578
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoga80 View Post

 



And are you tested the others 2 too? what are the differences? ( i suppose the bass ed. have more bass :) ) The original GR07 are still in sale?

thanks for your answer and patience.

 

MK2 to me sounds more forward and less specious than the original GR07. Bass ed is fairly similar to MK2, with more bass of course. No, the original GR07 is not longer on sale.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love