Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love - Page 3

post #31 of 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywallethurts View Post

bit the bullet. will compare them with re262 and eq5 soon!


Looking forward to that, I haven't bitten yet though i'm seriously tempted.

 

post #32 of 577

Mine are on their way too.

post #33 of 577

great! will put in my impressions as well once i get to audition it! :)

 

post #34 of 577

Got them today!

 

Vsonic GR07

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

As good as GR07 is, it is not a ‘wow’ type of IEM in first listen.

 

 

Sorry to contradict you here ClieOS, but you are wrong: at first listen the only thing I want to say is Wow.. 

 

The level of accuracy is astounding basshead.gif  In this regard, they put my CK90Pro's to shame. I'll try to come back soon with more detail.

 

One note though, stock tips are underwhelming, I'm using Sony Hybrids.

post #35 of 577
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patate View Post

Sorry to contradict you here ClieOS, but you are wrong: at first listen the only thing I want to say is Wow.. 

 

The level of accuracy is astounding basshead.gif  In this regard, they put my CK90Pro's to shame. I'll try to come back soon with more detail.

 

One note though, stock tips are underwhelming, I'm using Sony Hybrids.

Glad to know you like it as much as I do etysmile.gif.

 

The stock eartips are fine for me, but I also prefer Sony Hybrids on it as well.
 

 

post #36 of 577

dang now u make me more excited. screw the local post office here they are too inefficient

post #37 of 577

Owners.. can you give us a little more info on the treble quality/quantity?  I'm loving the takes on the bass/mid.. the fact ClieOS said the treble is crisp & extended is very encouraging to my ears too (I'm a big fan of the DBA).. I'm interested in what people think of the treble's accuracy, quantity, and how it presents itself along with the rest of the freq. spectrum.

post #38 of 577
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

Owners.. can you give us a little more info on the treble quality/quantity?  I'm loving the takes on the bass/mid.. the fact ClieOS said the treble is crisp & extended is very encouraging to my ears too (I'm a big fan of the DBA).. I'm interested in what people think of the treble's accuracy, quantity, and how it presents itself along with the rest of the freq. spectrum.


While it is crisp and extended, GR07's treble is not as aggressive / upfront as DBA-02. If it is DBA-02 with bigger bass you are looking, this might not be it.
post #39 of 577

Well, this would complement my DBAs nicely...Damn it, that's another 150$ out of pocket. eek.gif

post #40 of 577
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

While it is crisp and extended, GR07's treble is not as aggressive / upfront as DBA-02. If it is DBA-02 with bigger bass you are looking, this might not be it.

I'm perfectly happy with the entire presentation of the DBA.. including the bass, which I find quite sufficient (and I'm an avid hip hop listener but hate bloated, overemphasized bass.. I'm all about clarity, accuracy & extension across the entire spectrum, balance, details, and instrument separation.. I LOVE listening to hip hop on the DBAs).  I very much want to get the GR07, but wonder if I'm quite happy with the DBA's presentation & clarity, what will the GR07 offer that makes it worth the cost?  I'm intrigued by the micro-detail you describe and the great texturing.. the fact they seem to lean on the analytical side is a plus too & might complement the more musical (but fairly accurate) DBA.. is the micro-detail, texturing, weighty bass, and analytical sound that much better than the DBA that it's worth spending on the GR07?  The driver technology used piqued my interest too.. Decisions decisions..

 

My heart says yes, but my mind needs more convincing.. appreciate the comments, ClieOS.


Edited by FlySweep - 3/17/11 at 2:11am
post #41 of 577

Nice impression! Got them today as well! Awesome stuff! I am no good at describing the sound but it sounds similiar to my TF10s. nothing much to fault technically. But i can tell that these are more musical than the TF10s and really it is non-fatigue! Really like it alot. :) Subbass is better than TF-10s as well. :))) I am a happy owner :)

 

post #42 of 577
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I'm perfectly happy with the entire presentation of the DBA.. including the bass, which I find quite sufficient (and I'm an avid hip hop listener but hate bloated, overemphasized bass.. I'm all about clarity, accuracy & extension across the entire spectrum, balance, details, and instrument separation.. I LOVE listening to hip hop on the DBAs).  I very much want to get the GR07, but wonder if I'm quite happy with the DBA's presentation & clarity, what will the GR07 offer that makes it worth the cost?  I'm intrigued by the micro-detail you describe and the great texturing.. the fact they seem to lean on the analytical side is a plus too & might complement the more musical (but fairly accurate) DBA.. is the micro-detail, texturing, weighty bass, and analytical sound that much better than the DBA that it's worth spending on the GR07?  The driver technology used piqued my interest too.. Decisions decisions..

 

My heart says yes, but my mind needs more convincing.. appreciate the comments, ClieOS.


It is not analytical like ER4S or RE0, not as bright like DBA-02. It is more of between being warm yet neutral. In comparison, what you get from DBA-02 is the cleanness and speed; what you get from GR07 will be the warm and texture. - those are what define them differently, and they don't share the same sound signature.
post #43 of 577

Well, ClieOS.. you've convinced me.. based on your last post, I was a little hesitant cause these sound like they have a signature very similar to my Silver Bullet: warm & neutral.. would that be a fair assessment?  I bet these have more detail though..

 

What the hay.. I've done gone & ordered them!

post #44 of 577
Thread Starter 

Not quite like the SB, which sounds slightly U-shaped and definitely doesn't have as much texture and mid/bass detail as GR07. In comparison, SB is actually more upfront and enveloping, while GR07 is really specious and wide. The only other IEM I currently have that shares almost the same sound signature is the j-phonics K2 SP, which is also a stage-monitor-tuned IEM. Unfortunately it is just as rare as GR07 so you won't find a lot of impression about. The j-phonics is like GR07 on a higher level, but it is also much more expensive (~$400). Not that j-phonics doesn't worth the money, but in comparison you can tell GR07 at $150 is just a great price for the performance.

post #45 of 577

guess I'll have to read further details on dba02, gr07 and re262. But reading this thread -- I'm inclining more on gr07. I listen to classical and a bit of everything. Is it worth the purchase?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love