Would this lack of punch or bass impact be a result of all mid-bass with no sub-bass or the opposite, or would it be caused by something else like a lower mid-range deficiency? I am trying to determine what would cause this type of behavior in an IEM. The pair I am testings/own seems to go pretty low sonically as low as 15hz but their is just no punch in them at all with bass almost sounding hollow if that makes sense. it's like they have no resolution or form when it comes to bass especially drums or percussion. Instruments like bass guitar are not as bad but even they lack resolution. The issue is slightly better when using an amp versus straight from my iPhone but it is never great. The headphones are still new so I continue to burn them in, in the hopes this will improve. The funny thing is the mid-range is not bad nor the treble, just the bass.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
about me: 16 years old live in Israel, always loved headphones (at first i loved headphones, after that I started to love music xD) started this hubby when i was 14, i like fast bright accurate...
I have typed up this review @audio-technica.com a few months back and I thought I should also put it here. First, I would like to apologize for my very vague description of the sound (and...
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hear you about BA versus dynamic. In this case I am testing a dynamic IEM and I am getting a good seal. I played around with the EQ to see if I could improve the bass to help determine where it's deficiency are and it may be a lack of midbass but to be honest I wasn't able to completely fix the issue that way. I am thinking the driver may simply be slower in the bass end causing it to be a bit less precise and tight. I have thrown the IEM on my PC and am leaving it burning in with my music and burnin file mix and will let it run for the next 4 days straight and see if that changes the bass any as these just may need more break in. In the meantime I will use my SM3 so when I listen to the IEM in question again I will have allowed my ears and brain to be attuned to a different signature to ensure I am not being subjected to head burnin upon a relisten.
agree, i think thats how they were designed
OK being the nosy type I had to have a listen after leaving my IEM's play since last night (about 20hrs) and these have started to tighten up quite a bit and actually change in the treble as well so I think I just need to continue to let them cook but I am really starting to like what I hear.
- What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 24 seconds ago
- › Earphones Recommendations 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Kenwood KA-405 vinatge stereo receiver by headphones1999
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2