Would this lack of punch or bass impact be a result of all mid-bass with no sub-bass or the opposite, or would it be caused by something else like a lower mid-range deficiency? I am trying to determine what would cause this type of behavior in an IEM. The pair I am testings/own seems to go pretty low sonically as low as 15hz but their is just no punch in them at all with bass almost sounding hollow if that makes sense. it's like they have no resolution or form when it comes to bass especially drums or percussion. Instruments like bass guitar are not as bad but even they lack resolution. The issue is slightly better when using an amp versus straight from my iPhone but it is never great. The headphones are still new so I continue to burn them in, in the hopes this will improve. The funny thing is the mid-range is not bad nor the treble, just the bass.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?post #1 of 71/26/11 at 9:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/27/11 at 1:48ampost #3 of 71/27/11 at 6:04amThread Starter
I hear you about BA versus dynamic. In this case I am testing a dynamic IEM and I am getting a good seal. I played around with the EQ to see if I could improve the bass to help determine where it's deficiency are and it may be a lack of midbass but to be honest I wasn't able to completely fix the issue that way. I am thinking the driver may simply be slower in the bass end causing it to be a bit less precise and tight. I have thrown the IEM on my PC and am leaving it burning in with my music and burnin file mix and will let it run for the next 4 days straight and see if that changes the bass any as these just may need more break in. In the meantime I will use my SM3 so when I listen to the IEM in question again I will have allowed my ears and brain to be attuned to a different signature to ensure I am not being subjected to head burnin upon a relisten.post #4 of 71/27/11 at 11:33ampost #5 of 71/27/11 at 12:28pm
agree, i think thats how they were designed
post #6 of 71/27/11 at 4:44pmThread Starteranother 50hrs of burnIn should ensure the headphone is pretty close to it's final signature. But yes I think it will just be the nature of this IEM. Actually if tightens up just a bit more it will be pretty close to what I was hoping for too :-)post #7 of 71/27/11 at 6:31pmThread Starter
OK being the nosy type I had to have a listen after leaving my IEM's play since last night (about 20hrs) and these have started to tighten up quite a bit and actually change in the treble as well so I think I just need to continue to let them cook but I am really starting to like what I hear.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear