Would this lack of punch or bass impact be a result of all mid-bass with no sub-bass or the opposite, or would it be caused by something else like a lower mid-range deficiency? I am trying to determine what would cause this type of behavior in an IEM. The pair I am testings/own seems to go pretty low sonically as low as 15hz but their is just no punch in them at all with bass almost sounding hollow if that makes sense. it's like they have no resolution or form when it comes to bass especially drums or percussion. Instruments like bass guitar are not as bad but even they lack resolution. The issue is slightly better when using an amp versus straight from my iPhone but it is never great. The headphones are still new so I continue to burn them in, in the hopes this will improve. The funny thing is the mid-range is not bad nor the treble, just the bass.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hear you about BA versus dynamic. In this case I am testing a dynamic IEM and I am getting a good seal. I played around with the EQ to see if I could improve the bass to help determine where it's deficiency are and it may be a lack of midbass but to be honest I wasn't able to completely fix the issue that way. I am thinking the driver may simply be slower in the bass end causing it to be a bit less precise and tight. I have thrown the IEM on my PC and am leaving it burning in with my music and burnin file mix and will let it run for the next 4 days straight and see if that changes the bass any as these just may need more break in. In the meantime I will use my SM3 so when I listen to the IEM in question again I will have allowed my ears and brain to be attuned to a different signature to ensure I am not being subjected to head burnin upon a relisten.
agree, i think thats how they were designed
OK being the nosy type I had to have a listen after leaving my IEM's play since last night (about 20hrs) and these have started to tighten up quite a bit and actually change in the treble as well so I think I just need to continue to let them cook but I am really starting to like what I hear.
- What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 13 seconds ago
- › Buttkicker Gamer/Tactile Transducer Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Next Vienna/Austria meet: April 18th, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Senn HD650 with sparkle and sharp punchy bass 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2