Would this lack of punch or bass impact be a result of all mid-bass with no sub-bass or the opposite, or would it be caused by something else like a lower mid-range deficiency? I am trying to determine what would cause this type of behavior in an IEM. The pair I am testings/own seems to go pretty low sonically as low as 15hz but their is just no punch in them at all with bass almost sounding hollow if that makes sense. it's like they have no resolution or form when it comes to bass especially drums or percussion. Instruments like bass guitar are not as bad but even they lack resolution. The issue is slightly better when using an amp versus straight from my iPhone but it is never great. The headphones are still new so I continue to burn them in, in the hopes this will improve. The funny thing is the mid-range is not bad nor the treble, just the bass.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hear you about BA versus dynamic. In this case I am testing a dynamic IEM and I am getting a good seal. I played around with the EQ to see if I could improve the bass to help determine where it's deficiency are and it may be a lack of midbass but to be honest I wasn't able to completely fix the issue that way. I am thinking the driver may simply be slower in the bass end causing it to be a bit less precise and tight. I have thrown the IEM on my PC and am leaving it burning in with my music and burnin file mix and will let it run for the next 4 days straight and see if that changes the bass any as these just may need more break in. In the meantime I will use my SM3 so when I listen to the IEM in question again I will have allowed my ears and brain to be attuned to a different signature to ensure I am not being subjected to head burnin upon a relisten.
agree, i think thats how they were designed
OK being the nosy type I had to have a listen after leaving my IEM's play since last night (about 20hrs) and these have started to tighten up quite a bit and actually change in the treble as well so I think I just need to continue to let them cook but I am really starting to like what I hear.
- What would make an IEM go whoom instead of BOOM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 42 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Help***Leaving Sales FeedBack 1 minute ago
- › Best all-rounder ($250) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › **Schiit Mjolnir: minty** 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Need an AMP/DAC recommendation for HD600's ~ under $200 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)