Im looking into buying one of these amps. If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. I've seen many threads about the WA6SE, and some about the HA-160D, but I havent seen a comparison between the two. Has anybody had the opportunity to compare these two amps? I plan to use grado SR325 or Sennheiser HD650.
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/27/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- burson new soloist headphone amp Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice Last post on Yesterday at 6:18 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 2/16/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Headphone Impedance
Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Correct, If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. If I get the Burson HA-160D, i would not need to connect it to the uDAC2. I found this article which briefly compares the two amps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20006079-47.html
Shouldn't it also depend on the headphones you use?
A friend told me that Ultrasones & Denons sound congested through a tube amp, and they need solid states.. Likewise, Audio-Technica's and Sennheisers sound better out of a tube.
I have been curious about this as well though, as I want to know the differences in sound in pairing the WA6 with the Pro900 vs the HA-160D.
For my own uses, I want the one that gives a fuller/stronger bass presence, though I fear thats the tube amp..and as said before, the pro900 (as it's an Ultrasone) supposedly sounds more congested with tubes.
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on this perspective C:
Edited by Scytus - 3/3/11 at 9:15pm
I have the 160D and the Senn 650's and they work magic together.
From live jazz recordingd to hip hop - the combo takes me there and makes me grin along the journey.
A lot more PRaT and oomph from the 650's 'cos of the Burson - remember, the Burson is a better sounding DAC than the uDac too.
I am using the uDac2 with the Burson (non-dac version) and K702s. It sounds pretty good, great soundstage. It would be close to perfect if it had a tad more warmth and bass impact.
There are quite a few posts on here from people with the Burson and HD650's that indicate to me it would be a good match. Burson's website also mentions Sennheiser. I really like the sound signature of the HD650 with my upgraded Mav D1 but I'm strongly considering the 160D to replace it in my main system because the impression I get is that it has tube-like sound qualities. I just wish it had line-in and optical like the Mav D1. No question the Woo WA6(SE) combined with a stand-alone DAC would be the bomb if you have the dough for it.
- Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lets Talk Metal 35 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Funnest songs for great headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)