Im looking into buying one of these amps. If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. I've seen many threads about the WA6SE, and some about the HA-160D, but I havent seen a comparison between the two. Has anybody had the opportunity to compare these two amps? I plan to use grado SR325 or Sennheiser HD650.
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/27/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- burson new soloist headphone amp Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 2/16/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Headphone Impedance
Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Correct, If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. If I get the Burson HA-160D, i would not need to connect it to the uDAC2. I found this article which briefly compares the two amps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20006079-47.html
Shouldn't it also depend on the headphones you use?
A friend told me that Ultrasones & Denons sound congested through a tube amp, and they need solid states.. Likewise, Audio-Technica's and Sennheisers sound better out of a tube.
I have been curious about this as well though, as I want to know the differences in sound in pairing the WA6 with the Pro900 vs the HA-160D.
For my own uses, I want the one that gives a fuller/stronger bass presence, though I fear thats the tube amp..and as said before, the pro900 (as it's an Ultrasone) supposedly sounds more congested with tubes.
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on this perspective C:
Edited by Scytus - 3/3/11 at 9:15pm
I have the 160D and the Senn 650's and they work magic together.
From live jazz recordingd to hip hop - the combo takes me there and makes me grin along the journey.
A lot more PRaT and oomph from the 650's 'cos of the Burson - remember, the Burson is a better sounding DAC than the uDac too.
I am using the uDac2 with the Burson (non-dac version) and K702s. It sounds pretty good, great soundstage. It would be close to perfect if it had a tad more warmth and bass impact.
There are quite a few posts on here from people with the Burson and HD650's that indicate to me it would be a good match. Burson's website also mentions Sennheiser. I really like the sound signature of the HD650 with my upgraded Mav D1 but I'm strongly considering the 160D to replace it in my main system because the impression I get is that it has tube-like sound qualities. I just wish it had line-in and optical like the Mav D1. No question the Woo WA6(SE) combined with a stand-alone DAC would be the bomb if you have the dough for it.
- Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 27 seconds ago
- › Monoprice 8250 vs 8251 vs Dayton vs Micca speakers 32 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Portable Setup <$600 for Grado-Head? 2 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › I need opinions! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)