Im looking into buying one of these amps. If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. I've seen many threads about the WA6SE, and some about the HA-160D, but I havent seen a comparison between the two. Has anybody had the opportunity to compare these two amps? I plan to use grado SR325 or Sennheiser HD650.
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/27/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice Last post on Today at 8:17 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 10/27/14 at 2:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SEpost #1 of 131/26/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 132/2/11 at 7:32pmpost #3 of 132/27/11 at 3:57ampost #4 of 132/27/11 at 5:41ampost #5 of 133/3/11 at 7:02pmThread Starter
Correct, If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. If I get the Burson HA-160D, i would not need to connect it to the uDAC2. I found this article which briefly compares the two amps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20006079-47.htmlpost #6 of 133/3/11 at 9:07pm
Shouldn't it also depend on the headphones you use?
A friend told me that Ultrasones & Denons sound congested through a tube amp, and they need solid states.. Likewise, Audio-Technica's and Sennheisers sound better out of a tube.
I have been curious about this as well though, as I want to know the differences in sound in pairing the WA6 with the Pro900 vs the HA-160D.
For my own uses, I want the one that gives a fuller/stronger bass presence, though I fear thats the tube amp..and as said before, the pro900 (as it's an Ultrasone) supposedly sounds more congested with tubes.
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on this perspective C:
Edited by Scytus - 3/3/11 at 9:15pmpost #7 of 135/17/11 at 9:13am
I have the 160D and the Senn 650's and they work magic together.
From live jazz recordingd to hip hop - the combo takes me there and makes me grin along the journey.
A lot more PRaT and oomph from the 650's 'cos of the Burson - remember, the Burson is a better sounding DAC than the uDac too.post #8 of 135/17/11 at 3:19pmpost #9 of 135/26/11 at 5:12pmpost #10 of 135/26/11 at 5:52pmpost #11 of 135/27/11 at 6:13pmpost #12 of 135/28/11 at 9:18pm
I am using the uDac2 with the Burson (non-dac version) and K702s. It sounds pretty good, great soundstage. It would be close to perfect if it had a tad more warmth and bass impact.post #13 of 136/9/11 at 11:06pm
There are quite a few posts on here from people with the Burson and HD650's that indicate to me it would be a good match. Burson's website also mentions Sennheiser. I really like the sound signature of the HD650 with my upgraded Mav D1 but I'm strongly considering the 160D to replace it in my main system because the impression I get is that it has tube-like sound qualities. I just wish it had line-in and optical like the Mav D1. No question the Woo WA6(SE) combined with a stand-alone DAC would be the bomb if you have the dough for it.
- Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 33 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Vinyl sounds better than digitial if you ... 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear