Im looking into buying one of these amps. If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. I've seen many threads about the WA6SE, and some about the HA-160D, but I havent seen a comparison between the two. Has anybody had the opportunity to compare these two amps? I plan to use grado SR325 or Sennheiser HD650.
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/27/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 12/18/13 at 5:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- burson new soloist headphone amp Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 5/14/13 at 12:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
- Headphone Impedance
Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Correct, If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. If I get the Burson HA-160D, i would not need to connect it to the uDAC2. I found this article which briefly compares the two amps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20006079-47.html
Shouldn't it also depend on the headphones you use?
A friend told me that Ultrasones & Denons sound congested through a tube amp, and they need solid states.. Likewise, Audio-Technica's and Sennheisers sound better out of a tube.
I have been curious about this as well though, as I want to know the differences in sound in pairing the WA6 with the Pro900 vs the HA-160D.
For my own uses, I want the one that gives a fuller/stronger bass presence, though I fear thats the tube amp..and as said before, the pro900 (as it's an Ultrasone) supposedly sounds more congested with tubes.
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on this perspective C:
Edited by Scytus - 3/3/11 at 9:15pm
I have the 160D and the Senn 650's and they work magic together.
From live jazz recordingd to hip hop - the combo takes me there and makes me grin along the journey.
A lot more PRaT and oomph from the 650's 'cos of the Burson - remember, the Burson is a better sounding DAC than the uDac too.
I am using the uDac2 with the Burson (non-dac version) and K702s. It sounds pretty good, great soundstage. It would be close to perfect if it had a tad more warmth and bass impact.
There are quite a few posts on here from people with the Burson and HD650's that indicate to me it would be a good match. Burson's website also mentions Sennheiser. I really like the sound signature of the HD650 with my upgraded Mav D1 but I'm strongly considering the 160D to replace it in my main system because the impression I get is that it has tube-like sound qualities. I just wish it had line-in and optical like the Mav D1. No question the Woo WA6(SE) combined with a stand-alone DAC would be the bomb if you have the dough for it.
- Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 30 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK10 portable DAC and amp 50 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Headphone Amp/DAC with Accessories - $295 Very good... 5 minutes ago
- › Millett Minimax Troubleshoot NEED HELP PLEASE 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital