Im looking into buying one of these amps. If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. I've seen many threads about the WA6SE, and some about the HA-160D, but I havent seen a comparison between the two. Has anybody had the opportunity to compare these two amps? I plan to use grado SR325 or Sennheiser HD650.
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/27/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/27/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice Last post on 11/19/16 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 10/27/14 at 2:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SEpost #1 of 131/26/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 132/2/11 at 7:32pmpost #3 of 132/27/11 at 3:57ampost #4 of 132/27/11 at 5:41ampost #5 of 133/3/11 at 7:02pmThread Starter
Correct, If i get the Woo Audio WA6SE, i would be connecting it to my NuForce uDAC2. If I get the Burson HA-160D, i would not need to connect it to the uDAC2. I found this article which briefly compares the two amps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20006079-47.htmlpost #6 of 133/3/11 at 9:07pm
Shouldn't it also depend on the headphones you use?
A friend told me that Ultrasones & Denons sound congested through a tube amp, and they need solid states.. Likewise, Audio-Technica's and Sennheisers sound better out of a tube.
I have been curious about this as well though, as I want to know the differences in sound in pairing the WA6 with the Pro900 vs the HA-160D.
For my own uses, I want the one that gives a fuller/stronger bass presence, though I fear thats the tube amp..and as said before, the pro900 (as it's an Ultrasone) supposedly sounds more congested with tubes.
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on this perspective C:
Edited by Scytus - 3/3/11 at 9:15pmpost #7 of 135/17/11 at 9:13am
I have the 160D and the Senn 650's and they work magic together.
From live jazz recordingd to hip hop - the combo takes me there and makes me grin along the journey.
A lot more PRaT and oomph from the 650's 'cos of the Burson - remember, the Burson is a better sounding DAC than the uDac too.post #8 of 135/17/11 at 3:19pmpost #9 of 135/26/11 at 5:12pmpost #10 of 135/26/11 at 5:52pmpost #11 of 135/27/11 at 6:13pmpost #12 of 135/28/11 at 9:18pm
I am using the uDac2 with the Burson (non-dac version) and K702s. It sounds pretty good, great soundstage. It would be close to perfect if it had a tad more warmth and bass impact.post #13 of 136/9/11 at 11:06pm
There are quite a few posts on here from people with the Burson and HD650's that indicate to me it would be a good match. Burson's website also mentions Sennheiser. I really like the sound signature of the HD650 with my upgraded Mav D1 but I'm strongly considering the 160D to replace it in my main system because the impression I get is that it has tube-like sound qualities. I just wish it had line-in and optical like the Mav D1. No question the Woo WA6(SE) combined with a stand-alone DAC would be the bomb if you have the dough for it.
- Burson HA-160D vs Woo Audio WA6SE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › low frequency buzzing/crackle in left ear of Westone W30 46 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil (Yggy) DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica MSR7NC - Shipping Included 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear