Dont flame me, I did search. If my searching skills suck, flame on. From what I have been able to figure out they look like the same IEM but with different accessories. The Perfect Fit has more tips (black and grey) and filters (silicone, comply foams) while the Perfect Bass has just the green tips and silicon tips. as long as the sound signature is the same, I am fine with the Perfect Bass. Any help would be appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Info on Phonak's Multi Armature Earphone to be Released in 2011! Last post on 11/19/10 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$100 specifically built IEM Last post on 5/17/10 at 11:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Difference between Phonak Perfect Fit and Perfect Bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, it is just filters and accessories, but the grey filters IMO are way superior to the others, which veil the sound a bit and drop overall clarity and sparkle - and clarity and sparkle are really the main reasons to buy these IEMs.
PFE EQ well without distorting, so if you want more bass, better to use the grey filters and just eq yourself some more.
Had PB with black and grey filters bought separately.
To my unsophisticated ears differences in sound between filters are rather subtle, especially between greens and blacks. Vs blacks greens bundled with PB result in a signature that's somewhat more smooth, warm, with a little more bass (still anemic to my tastes) but at the expense of some detail in highs and maybe a little less forward mids and a bit narrower soundstage. But it's all splitting hairs unless you are a bona fide head-fier.
Compared to both greens and blacks grays are more unique, but still well within same overall sound signature. To me grays sounded with most detail and clarity in mids and highs but with the least amount of bass. Still if you are into "neutral, balanced, uncolored" school of sound and corresponding music which isn't "un-balanced" by definition even with grays bass should be enough.
No matter which filter sound sig of Audeos stays more or less the same at its core - polite, balanced, detailed, forward, non fatiguing, no excesses, with rather intimate and shallow soundstage. Not really satisfying and fun to my tastes but technically I guess great.
Oh and another tidbit. Audeos are relatively inefficient out of iPod/iPhone and actually benefit form the amp (at least from my stationary Creek OBH-11). But to me gray filters seemed to be a bit easier to drive than greens probably because of the need to move less air.
As an aside, the PFE112 are the survivors of my collection. They were the first £100+ phones I got and a good few other expensive phones have been bought and sold and traded and they're still standing - I just never get bored of them.
I bought a Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone several months ago & I am extremely please by their sound quality. I am running them straight out of a Cowon D2+...all my music is in flac and the sound quality is very good. Also about the fit (at least according to my ears with medium tips are perfect). They are also so small & light you don't even know you have them on.
- Difference between Phonak Perfect Fit and Perfect Bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 48 seconds ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic - Like New (in box) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › The Headphone Driver Pics Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New to here 6 minutes ago
- › What are the best BT IEM under 50$? 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 7 minutes ago
- › Bass IEM addict recommendations 9 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3