Dont flame me, I did search. If my searching skills suck, flame on. From what I have been able to figure out they look like the same IEM but with different accessories. The Perfect Fit has more tips (black and grey) and filters (silicone, comply foams) while the Perfect Bass has just the green tips and silicon tips. as long as the sound signature is the same, I am fine with the Perfect Bass. Any help would be appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Info on Phonak's Multi Armature Earphone to be Released in 2011! Last post on 11/19/10 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$100 specifically built IEM Last post on 5/17/10 at 11:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Difference between Phonak Perfect Fit and Perfect Bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it is just filters and accessories, but the grey filters IMO are way superior to the others, which veil the sound a bit and drop overall clarity and sparkle - and clarity and sparkle are really the main reasons to buy these IEMs.
PFE EQ well without distorting, so if you want more bass, better to use the grey filters and just eq yourself some more.
Had PB with black and grey filters bought separately.
To my unsophisticated ears differences in sound between filters are rather subtle, especially between greens and blacks. Vs blacks greens bundled with PB result in a signature that's somewhat more smooth, warm, with a little more bass (still anemic to my tastes) but at the expense of some detail in highs and maybe a little less forward mids and a bit narrower soundstage. But it's all splitting hairs unless you are a bona fide head-fier.
Compared to both greens and blacks grays are more unique, but still well within same overall sound signature. To me grays sounded with most detail and clarity in mids and highs but with the least amount of bass. Still if you are into "neutral, balanced, uncolored" school of sound and corresponding music which isn't "un-balanced" by definition even with grays bass should be enough.
No matter which filter sound sig of Audeos stays more or less the same at its core - polite, balanced, detailed, forward, non fatiguing, no excesses, with rather intimate and shallow soundstage. Not really satisfying and fun to my tastes but technically I guess great.
Oh and another tidbit. Audeos are relatively inefficient out of iPod/iPhone and actually benefit form the amp (at least from my stationary Creek OBH-11). But to me gray filters seemed to be a bit easier to drive than greens probably because of the need to move less air.
As an aside, the PFE112 are the survivors of my collection. They were the first £100+ phones I got and a good few other expensive phones have been bought and sold and traded and they're still standing - I just never get bored of them.
I bought a Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone several months ago & I am extremely please by their sound quality. I am running them straight out of a Cowon D2+...all my music is in flac and the sound quality is very good. Also about the fit (at least according to my ears with medium tips are perfect). They are also so small & light you don't even know you have them on.
- Difference between Phonak Perfect Fit and Perfect Bass?
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 1 minute ago
- › USB/coax from soundcard? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › speaker cover art themes 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 6 minutes ago
- › Best AMP/DAC for $600 or less for PSB M4U 2 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)