Dont flame me, I did search. If my searching skills suck, flame on. From what I have been able to figure out they look like the same IEM but with different accessories. The Perfect Fit has more tips (black and grey) and filters (silicone, comply foams) while the Perfect Bass has just the green tips and silicon tips. as long as the sound signature is the same, I am fine with the Perfect Bass. Any help would be appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Info on Phonak's Multi Armature Earphone to be Released in 2011! Last post on 11/19/10 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$100 specifically built IEM Last post on 5/17/10 at 11:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Difference between Phonak Perfect Fit and Perfect Bass?post #1 of 91/26/11 at 10:11amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 91/26/11 at 10:43am
Yes, it is just filters and accessories, but the grey filters IMO are way superior to the others, which veil the sound a bit and drop overall clarity and sparkle - and clarity and sparkle are really the main reasons to buy these IEMs.
PFE EQ well without distorting, so if you want more bass, better to use the grey filters and just eq yourself some more.post #3 of 91/26/11 at 10:45ampost #4 of 91/26/11 at 10:55am
Had PB with black and grey filters bought separately.
To my unsophisticated ears differences in sound between filters are rather subtle, especially between greens and blacks. Vs blacks greens bundled with PB result in a signature that's somewhat more smooth, warm, with a little more bass (still anemic to my tastes) but at the expense of some detail in highs and maybe a little less forward mids and a bit narrower soundstage. But it's all splitting hairs unless you are a bona fide head-fier.
Compared to both greens and blacks grays are more unique, but still well within same overall sound signature. To me grays sounded with most detail and clarity in mids and highs but with the least amount of bass. Still if you are into "neutral, balanced, uncolored" school of sound and corresponding music which isn't "un-balanced" by definition even with grays bass should be enough.
No matter which filter sound sig of Audeos stays more or less the same at its core - polite, balanced, detailed, forward, non fatiguing, no excesses, with rather intimate and shallow soundstage. Not really satisfying and fun to my tastes but technically I guess great.
Oh and another tidbit. Audeos are relatively inefficient out of iPod/iPhone and actually benefit form the amp (at least from my stationary Creek OBH-11). But to me gray filters seemed to be a bit easier to drive than greens probably because of the need to move less air.post #5 of 91/26/11 at 11:33amThread Starterpost #6 of 91/26/11 at 11:44am
As an aside, the PFE112 are the survivors of my collection. They were the first £100+ phones I got and a good few other expensive phones have been bought and sold and traded and they're still standing - I just never get bored of them.post #7 of 91/26/11 at 1:10pmThread Starterpost #8 of 91/26/11 at 3:16pmpost #9 of 91/28/11 at 1:14pm
I bought a Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone several months ago & I am extremely please by their sound quality. I am running them straight out of a Cowon D2+...all my music is in flac and the sound quality is very good. Also about the fit (at least according to my ears with medium tips are perfect). They are also so small & light you don't even know you have them on.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difference between Phonak Perfect Fit and Perfect Bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 3 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm or Philips fidelio X2 for music, gaming,... 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 11 minutes ago
- › Does Large Soundstage in Headphones Makes Music Sound Less Musical... 15 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 15 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear