I'm leaving the U.S and going back to my home country in October and I started thinking about what I'm gonna bring back home. LCD-2 is the only keeper Everything else will go. DacMagic will be replaced by Digital Link III and Asgard will be replaced by either Concerto or Woo 6
I'm also thinking about grabbing some compact active monitors for speaker listening purpose. The reason for compact and active is that I will carry them in my luggage when I fly back. What comes to my mind is Adam A3X and Adam Sub 7 to make it a 2.1. I don't think I can live without a subwoofer especially those A3X are extremely small.
Digital Link III has both RCA and balanced outputs.
Sub 7 has balanced input and output.
A3X has balanced input.
1. So can I set them up as in the following diagram
2. I'm a total noob regarding active speakers but AFAIR, satellites receive audio signal from subwoofer is a common setup?
3. How does crossover work with active speakers? As I know they have built-in crossover that automatically work when subwoofer is detected, is that true?
4. How does Digital Link III work when both balanced and unbalanced outputs are used? Which one will be the first priority? Is there any way to switch back and forth between XLR and RCA?
Or both outputs will send out signal at the same time? If so does it affect the sound quality?
5. Speakers set up like that will be balanced, is that true?
6. And is the Adam A3X a good choice? How is it compared to my LCD-2 setup sound quality wise? If it's too much of inferior I know I will find myself picking up the LCD-2 most of the time and the Adam will be collecting dust and that's I don't want.