- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productRay Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amptagged by System, 1/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which is the best solution? Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600? Last post on 2/19/14 at 4:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Voyager or arrow 3G which one is magical?? Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can the E7 power the HD 600 at all better than just listening straight through my iPhone? Last post on 9/17/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
Appreciation thread for the Ray Samuels - SR-71A: I just spend the night listening to the SR-71A with a cold beer and nothing to distract me. - Page 8post #106 of 1152/22/14 at 10:29pmAnybody able to compare SR-71a to the O2 in terms of SQ? Thinking about upgrading. TIA
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1154/5/14 at 6:50pm
I have an SR-71a and lost one of the thumb screws that holds the back panel on. I stopped by Home Depot and Lowes to see if I could find something that would work, but nothing was small enough for these posts. So I contacted Ray Samuels which is what I should have done in the first place and he has replacements for $10 a pair, plus shipping. So, I'm posting this in the appreciation thread in case anyone else loses one of theirs.post #108 of 1154/6/14 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by stevetoney
I have an SR-71a and lost one of the thumb screws that holds the back panel on. I stopped by Home Depot and Lowes to see if I could find something that would work, but nothing was small enough for these posts. So I contacted Ray Samuels which is what I should have done in the first place and he has replacements for $10 a pair, plus shipping. So, I'm posting this in the appreciation thread in case anyone else loses one of theirs.
Thanks for the info. I've been lucky and haven't lost one. Wouldn't you know it is such an unusual size that you can't get them at hardware stores!post #109 of 1156/27/14 at 7:08pmThread Starterpost #110 of 1156/27/14 at 7:25pm
Great to see this post! So am I! It shares time with my Vorzuge Pure II now, but I've never been able to let it go and it's signature still sounds very special. It is still the only thing I use with my HD600's.post #111 of 1156/28/14 at 8:46pmThread Starterpost #112 of 1157/2/14 at 5:09amThread Starterpost #113 of 1157/2/14 at 5:22amQuote:
Great sound signature, but the real beauty is in the power these things have!post #114 of 1157/2/14 at 4:41pmQuote:
I spent some time listening to the Schiit Gungnir --> SR71b --> Westone 4r's.
Wow. I have to imagine the SR71a sounds a lot like the b. I have zero desire to replace this amp. I do, however, need to acquire a gungnir.
- Appreciation thread for the Ray Samuels - SR-71A: I just spend the night listening to the SR-71A with a cold beer and nothing to distract me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 29 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 55 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear