- 134 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productRay Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amptagged by System, 1/26/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which is the best solution? Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600? Last post on 2/19/14 at 4:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Voyager or arrow 3G which one is magical?? Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can the E7 power the HD 600 at all better than just listening straight through my iPhone? Last post on 9/17/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Appreciation thread for the Ray Samuels - SR-71A: I just spend the night listening to the SR-71A with a cold beer and nothing to distract me. - Page 8post #106 of 1152/22/14 at 10:29pmAnybody able to compare SR-71a to the O2 in terms of SQ? Thinking about upgrading. TIA
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1154/5/14 at 6:50pm
I have an SR-71a and lost one of the thumb screws that holds the back panel on. I stopped by Home Depot and Lowes to see if I could find something that would work, but nothing was small enough for these posts. So I contacted Ray Samuels which is what I should have done in the first place and he has replacements for $10 a pair, plus shipping. So, I'm posting this in the appreciation thread in case anyone else loses one of theirs.post #108 of 1154/6/14 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by stevetoney
I have an SR-71a and lost one of the thumb screws that holds the back panel on. I stopped by Home Depot and Lowes to see if I could find something that would work, but nothing was small enough for these posts. So I contacted Ray Samuels which is what I should have done in the first place and he has replacements for $10 a pair, plus shipping. So, I'm posting this in the appreciation thread in case anyone else loses one of theirs.
Thanks for the info. I've been lucky and haven't lost one. Wouldn't you know it is such an unusual size that you can't get them at hardware stores!post #109 of 1156/27/14 at 7:08pmThread Starterpost #110 of 1156/27/14 at 7:25pm
Great to see this post! So am I! It shares time with my Vorzuge Pure II now, but I've never been able to let it go and it's signature still sounds very special. It is still the only thing I use with my HD600's.post #111 of 1156/28/14 at 8:46pmThread Starterpost #112 of 1157/2/14 at 5:09amThread Starterpost #113 of 1157/2/14 at 5:22amQuote:
Great sound signature, but the real beauty is in the power these things have!post #114 of 1157/2/14 at 4:41pmQuote:
I spent some time listening to the Schiit Gungnir --> SR71b --> Westone 4r's.
Wow. I have to imagine the SR71a sounds a lot like the b. I have zero desire to replace this amp. I do, however, need to acquire a gungnir.
- Appreciation thread for the Ray Samuels - SR-71A: I just spend the night listening to the SR-71A with a cold beer and nothing to distract me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 13 seconds ago
- › Discrete Op-Amps Discussion Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO 50 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear