these ARE 100% FAKE.If you payed less than 150$ keep them,if you paid more get a refund
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone Replacement Last post on 11/18/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for $100-150 Last post on 10/21/12 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
Beats by Dre Studio: Real or Fake - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 484/20/11 at 5:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by akacoke
i just took more time looking at your pics, i can almost be sure they are fake. i could be wrong
1 Engraving of studio on the inner headband
2 dre's face and heaphone case on the box(cant see where dre's ear connects to his head , the case is blacker and darker lack of detail)
3 cable jacks
4 "monster" letters on the side of the case
from what i heard at best buy studio is very colored, vocal is thin. they are clear and bass heavy. lots of details
I agree to this. i live in asia which means there are A LOT of fake china beats here. the fake studios here cost about $100 and surprisingly do not sound far from the original ones. one thing i have noticed with the fakes is that there are definitely aspects that you would see that would make you think it was fake immediately, like the inner part of the box being crumpled or the "beats by dr dre" logo on the headphones protruding a bit (its not smooth when you run your finger over the headband) and the fold up of the beats seem flimsy. i guess thats all i could say.post #33 of 484/20/11 at 5:25pm
After use for about 3 to 4 weeks, the screws within the beats holding the headphone adjustment start to fall out.
Another thing I noticed is that the clamping force. The clamping force is weak in this one.
Can't say anything about the SQ, but after a while the bass loses it's edge, giving a rather anemic performance.
(I know I have fake beats. I got them at the fake market)
The B on the beats logo on the battery side should fall out rather easily
Anythign about the connection?
Like, the flap. Does it show damage after opening and closing a few times?
These are some of the things off the top of my head.
There may be more.post #34 of 484/20/11 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by andreineagu
i posted a photo of that jack there. so they are fake.. but i saw the signature on the back of the cover. i saw all the documents that came with it.. and the headphones sounds great don't know what to say...:( why they make such perfect fakes ? it's not fair! maybe the real studio's sounds even better..other opinions? and by the way ..what's the difference betwen fake and real regarding the sound ?
Maybe the fake ones sound better than the real ones haha. Honestly though, I have thoroughly unimpressed by every pair of "Beats" I've ever listened to.post #35 of 484/20/11 at 7:14pmpost #36 of 484/20/11 at 9:02pmQuote:
my friend said they do. haha. i did try the fakes and they really didnt sound far from the original ones. the price difference is VERY far but the SQ isnt. i think id rather buy the fakes than the real ones. waste of money.
post #37 of 481/14/12 at 6:51am
hey i have read through all the posts previously, and i agree that the ones that you have bought are fake, i live in the UK and you do get the odd fake ones brought over from china etc,
however the comments about the fakes sounding better then the real ones depends on how the person uses the headphones, i have pair of solo beats. when i bought these i spoke to guy tho had a pair of studio headphones who told me that before using your headphones fully you should play them on half volume for 24 hours, which beats themselves recommends.
this made a huge difference to the sound even in my solos. this will also be the same with the studio headphones, if you just play them full or near enough to full volume then you wont be able to get that great sound the is actually possible with the studios.post #38 of 482/3/12 at 7:50ampost #39 of 482/3/12 at 8:03ampost #40 of 482/12/12 at 1:38pm[COLOR=FF0 THE ORIGINAL BEAT BY DRE HEADPHONES HAS A 10-DIGIT SERIAL NO. WHICH YOU CAN USE TO VERIFY ON THE BEATS BY DRE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR CASH ON FAKE HEADPHONES. THE SERIAL NO IS ABOVE THE LEFT EAR CUP.post #41 of 482/12/12 at 1:56pmpost #42 of 485/19/12 at 12:28am
I have a pair of high quality fakes and too me they do sound better than the real ones. I.E the bass is there but not as overpowering as the real ones so the vocals arent as muddy. I compared them to 4 different real ones from different stores using my phone. The In store models where still in good condition when i used them but now they are pretty worn though lol..anyways The chinese fakes are getting better and better. They have a fake serial number/signature and the box print is improved. As long as they sound decent then enjoy them!
post #43 of 486/29/12 at 5:38ampost #44 of 488/5/12 at 3:06pmpost #45 of 488/31/12 at 3:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beats by Dre Studio: Real or Fake
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AURALiC owners unite! 15 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 35 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Help on deciding for an Amp? (Fiio A3 and Fiio E10k [Or any you... 2 minutes ago
- › AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear