these ARE 100% FAKE.If you payed less than 150$ keep them,if you paid more get a refund
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone Replacement Last post on 11/18/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for $100-150 Last post on 10/21/12 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Beats by Dre Studio: Real or Fake - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 484/20/11 at 5:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by akacoke
i just took more time looking at your pics, i can almost be sure they are fake. i could be wrong
1 Engraving of studio on the inner headband
2 dre's face and heaphone case on the box(cant see where dre's ear connects to his head , the case is blacker and darker lack of detail)
3 cable jacks
4 "monster" letters on the side of the case
from what i heard at best buy studio is very colored, vocal is thin. they are clear and bass heavy. lots of details
I agree to this. i live in asia which means there are A LOT of fake china beats here. the fake studios here cost about $100 and surprisingly do not sound far from the original ones. one thing i have noticed with the fakes is that there are definitely aspects that you would see that would make you think it was fake immediately, like the inner part of the box being crumpled or the "beats by dr dre" logo on the headphones protruding a bit (its not smooth when you run your finger over the headband) and the fold up of the beats seem flimsy. i guess thats all i could say.post #33 of 484/20/11 at 5:25pm
After use for about 3 to 4 weeks, the screws within the beats holding the headphone adjustment start to fall out.
Another thing I noticed is that the clamping force. The clamping force is weak in this one.
Can't say anything about the SQ, but after a while the bass loses it's edge, giving a rather anemic performance.
(I know I have fake beats. I got them at the fake market)
The B on the beats logo on the battery side should fall out rather easily
Anythign about the connection?
Like, the flap. Does it show damage after opening and closing a few times?
These are some of the things off the top of my head.
There may be more.post #34 of 484/20/11 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by andreineagu
i posted a photo of that jack there. so they are fake.. but i saw the signature on the back of the cover. i saw all the documents that came with it.. and the headphones sounds great don't know what to say...:( why they make such perfect fakes ? it's not fair! maybe the real studio's sounds even better..other opinions? and by the way ..what's the difference betwen fake and real regarding the sound ?
Maybe the fake ones sound better than the real ones haha. Honestly though, I have thoroughly unimpressed by every pair of "Beats" I've ever listened to.post #35 of 484/20/11 at 7:14pmpost #36 of 484/20/11 at 9:02pmQuote:
my friend said they do. haha. i did try the fakes and they really didnt sound far from the original ones. the price difference is VERY far but the SQ isnt. i think id rather buy the fakes than the real ones. waste of money.
post #37 of 481/14/12 at 6:51am
hey i have read through all the posts previously, and i agree that the ones that you have bought are fake, i live in the UK and you do get the odd fake ones brought over from china etc,
however the comments about the fakes sounding better then the real ones depends on how the person uses the headphones, i have pair of solo beats. when i bought these i spoke to guy tho had a pair of studio headphones who told me that before using your headphones fully you should play them on half volume for 24 hours, which beats themselves recommends.
this made a huge difference to the sound even in my solos. this will also be the same with the studio headphones, if you just play them full or near enough to full volume then you wont be able to get that great sound the is actually possible with the studios.post #38 of 482/3/12 at 7:50ampost #39 of 482/3/12 at 8:03ampost #40 of 482/12/12 at 1:38pm[COLOR=FF0 THE ORIGINAL BEAT BY DRE HEADPHONES HAS A 10-DIGIT SERIAL NO. WHICH YOU CAN USE TO VERIFY ON THE BEATS BY DRE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR CASH ON FAKE HEADPHONES. THE SERIAL NO IS ABOVE THE LEFT EAR CUP.post #41 of 482/12/12 at 1:56pmpost #42 of 485/19/12 at 12:28am
I have a pair of high quality fakes and too me they do sound better than the real ones. I.E the bass is there but not as overpowering as the real ones so the vocals arent as muddy. I compared them to 4 different real ones from different stores using my phone. The In store models where still in good condition when i used them but now they are pretty worn though lol..anyways The chinese fakes are getting better and better. They have a fake serial number/signature and the box print is improved. As long as they sound decent then enjoy them!
post #43 of 486/29/12 at 5:38ampost #44 of 488/5/12 at 3:06pmpost #45 of 488/31/12 at 3:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beats by Dre Studio: Real or Fake
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › why does a cheap wired headset that costs 1/10th the price of a... 3 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 8 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear