Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty - Page 4

post #46 of 81

I see. It won't be a sensible decision then.

post #47 of 81

Has anyone tried this with ATH M50? Does M50 need amplification?

post #48 of 81

My A10 will not work anymore.  When I plug it in, the light is green in a few minutes.  I even left it in for a few hours.  When I unplug it and plug in my earphones, nothing happens.  No lights.  Also, I get a message on my computer that says, the USB device has been deactivated due to providing too much power on occasion.  I've only had it since May and only have used it for less than 20 hours.  Could the battery be bad?

post #49 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

My A10 will not work anymore.  When I plug it in, the light is green in a few minutes.  I even left it in for a few hours.  When I unplug it and plug in my earphones, nothing happens.  No lights.  Also, I get a message on my computer that says, the USB device has been deactivated due to providing too much power on occasion.  I've only had it since May and only have used it for less than 20 hours.  Could the battery be bad?


Seems like the battery could have fall too low in voltage at some point (which will kill it). You should contact SoundMAGIC for warranty.

 

post #50 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post




Seems like the battery could have fall too low in voltage at some point (which will kill it). You should contact SoundMAGIC for warranty.

 

 

Man, I figured that's what happened.  I contacted MP4Nation.  I'll see what they say.  Thanks for the reply.  

 

post #51 of 81

I had to send my A10 back after only 2-3 weeks -- the headphone out jack starting shorting to mono if I turned/swivelled the headphone plug in the jack.  Even though I had it a short period of time, MP4Nation won't offer a refund.  So I sent it to them for repair, which they are sending back to the manufacturer, with a note that if the manufacturer determines that the problem is mistreatment by the user, then I would have to pay for repairs. 

post #52 of 81
Thread Starter 

I don't really see how that could be an user's mistake, but I guess MP4Nation is trying to cover their end.

post #53 of 81

^ Yeah, hopefully that's just standard language for returns.  I explained in my emails with them that I had done nothing out of the ordinary -- just plug in the headphones to use it. 

 

I'm wondering if the power supply integrated with the jack input is a not-so-good design.  I would prefer a dedicated on/off switch rather than power on/off when headphone jack is inserted.  We'll see...

post #54 of 81

Hi. Would it be a good match for Fuze w/ LOD and PFE?

 

Regards

post #55 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo View Post

Hi. Would it be a good match for Fuze w/ LOD and PFE?

 

Regards



They are pretty good matched.

post #56 of 81


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

They are pretty good matched.



Great! I will buy one bigsmile_face.gif 


Edited by deyo - 10/18/11 at 9:22am
post #57 of 81

The 4 amps that I'm deciding between are the Fiio E11, DigiZoid ZO2, iBasso D0, and the SoundMAGIC A10. ANY HELPFUL INFORMATION, CONVERSATION, OR POINTERS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED. Please PM me with what you have to say about these four amps in comparison.

post #58 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUROKENROX View Post

The 4 amps that I'm deciding between are the Fiio E11, DigiZoid ZO2, iBasso D0, and the SoundMAGIC A10. ANY HELPFUL INFORMATION, CONVERSATION, OR POINTERS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED. Please PM me with what you have to say about these four amps in comparison.



why not just post here so more people can learn from it?

post #59 of 81

I've had the Fiio E11, the SoundMagic A10 and iBasso T3 & T4 (very similar to the D0 according to folks here).

 

T3 / T4 -- cleanest and leanest sounding of the bunch -- impressive detailed sound with a bit of soundstage improvement -- T4 bass boost is slight.

 

E11 -- nearly as clean and lean as the T3/4, but more powerful -- can be warmed up with the 2 levels of bass boost, which is a deep bass boost.

 

A10 -- the warmest, most musical of the bunch, but not quite as powerful -- single bass boost is warmer, not as deep as E11.

 

E11 is a very good mix of clean with good deep bass boost.  Hope this helps.

 

post #60 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhaynes View Post

I've had the Fiio E11, the SoundMagic A10 and iBasso T3 & T4 (very similar to the D0 according to folks here).

 

T3 / T4 -- cleanest and leanest sounding of the bunch -- impressive detailed sound with a bit of soundstage improvement -- T4 bass boost is slight.

 

E11 -- nearly as clean and lean as the T3/4, but more powerful -- can be warmed up with the 2 levels of bass boost, which is a deep bass boost.

 

A10 -- the warmest, most musical of the bunch, but not quite as powerful -- single bass boost is warmer, not as deep as E11.

 

E11 is a very good mix of clean with good deep bass boost.  Hope this helps.

 

Never owned the iBasso but I currently own the A10 and E11 and I agree with kmhaynes. 
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Impression] SoundMAGIC A10 - Oriental Beauty