Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Blog Archive › CES Days 2 and 3: Skullcandy. That's right...Skullcandy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CES Days 2 and 3: Skullcandy. That's right...Skullcandy. - Page 6  

post #76 of 198

Unrelated, but I'm digging the Elbow pic.

 

Can we come up with a different name for them? If I start seeing "Mix Master Mike's" around on the message boards.....

 

Maybe the "M^3"? or just "Mike's"?

post #77 of 198

Why not mmm seems easy.normal_smile%20.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post

Unrelated, but I'm digging the Elbow pic.

 

Can we come up with a different name for them? If I start seeing "Mix Master Mike's" around on the message boards.....

 

Maybe the "M^3"? or just "Mike's"?

post #78 of 198

Then they sound delicious. ^_^

 

MMM. (I like it)

post #79 of 198

Not reading a lot of skullcandy hate (which I've seen many times all over the place here).  I guess my two cents follows.  I read the article, appreciate what was given as information, and if I ever have a chance to wear the mmm, aviators, or FIX I will try them and make my own opinion.  I've never really hated skullcandy.  I've disliked how everyone I talk to pushes them on me like every single pair is some sort of ultra super audiophile grade headphone or earphone while not even considering alternatives all because of the looks and bass.  I get a lot of grief from my friends who aren't that big in audio because my K701s, "Just don't have enough bass man".  I enjoy my music to be bass heavy sometimes, yeah.  I also prefer my music to be somewhat neutral, or even similar across the eq band.

 

As far as the article goes I feel it is weighted somewhat.  I mean Skullcandy doesn't need bad rep.  Will Bose do the same thing next year, find someone who does reviews and posts here and lay down some really good headphones that get some good reviews? It's possible.  It's hardly that I'm saying Jude is to blame.  Thank you for the information and your opinion, Jude.  Like many of the veteran posters here I take your reviews and what you have to say with some heavy consideration.  That's a lot of people given I have only been lurking around for a little over 2 years now and posting even less.  I just feel that this has something wrong with it.  So they make one, two, maybe three pairs of headphones that are really what the audiophile forums dig.  What of the rest of their headphones?  I mean I know that no company produces gold with every product, I just in my opinion think this is some sort of situation where Skullcandy feels audiophiles are ruining their name, and need a quick bate and switch to keep us happy and continue to produce very colorful and artsy headphones that are of a mediocre quality.

 

I don't know, maybe I'm just way to jaded.

post #80 of 198

Skullcandy targets the average young consumer and IMO that would be always be their main target.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemBurmingham View Post

Not reading a lot of skullcandy hate (which I've seen many times all over the place here).  I guess my two cents follows.  I read the article, appreciate what was given as information, and if I ever have a chance to wear the mmm, aviators, or FIX I will try them and make my own opinion.  I've never really hated skullcandy.  I've disliked how everyone I talk to pushes them on me like every single pair is some sort of ultra super audiophile grade headphone or earphone while not even considering alternatives all because of the looks and bass.  I get a lot of grief from my friends who aren't that big in audio because my K701s, "Just don't have enough bass man".  I enjoy my music to be bass heavy sometimes, yeah.  I also prefer my music to be somewhat neutral, or even similar across the eq band.

 

As far as the article goes I feel it is weighted somewhat.  I mean Skullcandy doesn't need bad rep.  Will Bose do the same thing next year, find someone who does reviews and posts here and lay down some really good headphones that get some good reviews? It's possible.  It's hardly that I'm saying Jude is to blame.  Thank you for the information and your opinion, Jude.  Like many of the veteran posters here I take your reviews and what you have to say with some heavy consideration.  That's a lot of people given I have only been lurking around for a little over 2 years now and posting even less.  I just feel that this has something wrong with it.  So they make one, two, maybe three pairs of headphones that are really what the audiophile forums dig.  What of the rest of their headphones?  I mean I know that no company produces gold with every product, I just in my opinion think this is some sort of situation where Skullcandy feels audiophiles are ruining their name, and need a quick bate and switch to keep us happy and continue to produce very colorful and artsy headphones that are of a mediocre quality.

 

I don't know, maybe I'm just way to jaded.

post #81 of 198

I don't think they can be faulted for trying to do what a business does:  make a profit.  They've recognized a new audience, and they're trying to sell to them.  And no, I don't work for Skullcandy.  I tried the Titans and thought they were atrocious.

post #82 of 198

Notable other skullcnady IEM's the 50/50, my friend got a pair and I tried them.... I was shocked, they actually sounded good, tight punchy bass with a nice boom. MIDS, and not super sharp highs, they were also just sleek and black nothing gaudy or rainbow-rific about them.

post #83 of 198

I'm not the least bit interested in what this company has to offer. I suppose they'll now be a sponsor soon?

post #84 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post

I suppose they'll now be a sponsor soon?


 

I REALLY hope not

post #85 of 198

I seem to be on an island with this but, I think the aviators are extremely ugly. That said I am always glad to hear that new player has gotten involved in the upscale headphone game. Maybe we can even hope for some competitive pricing ? (Wish-full thinking I am sure) I for one have had to abandon the thought of owning any new phones even approaching the high end. Its gotten out of hand when we get excited about a $250 phone (mixMM) from a previously reviled company that may or may not sound as good at sure 840's

post #86 of 198
If the Aviators were circumaural like the D1001/Creative Aurvana Live, I'd would have got them as work headphones. I think the black ones look absolutely stunning. Just hate supra aural.

A good sounding headphone that LOOKS good? I don't care if they were Walmart brand. A good product is a good product.

Too bad the cups are smaller than I would like.
post #87 of 198

I think the black ones are the best looking of the bunch.  And the Aviators are super close to being circumaural.  They are for me, but only just.  They feel a bit claustrophobic.

post #88 of 198

i personally think its good skull candy is moving on and trying to appeal to an audiophile audience. though i still think they will be over priced and wont be to great. we hear will find something about them to complain about. this is just because the name skull candy leaves a bad taste in our mouths. but who know they may be good. if they are i still wont buy them i wouldn't spend more then 20$ on them. skull candy is always been a very unreliable badly built headphone company. who's to say they will change it for us.

post #89 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecoolguy View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post

I suppose they'll now be a sponsor soon?


 

I REALLY hope not


Fixed.

 

and

 

The Aviators will probably also have to drop in price to try to compete with M50, SRH440, etc., as there are much better cans for less money as it stands now.

post #90 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post

I'm not the least bit interested in what this company has to offer. I suppose they'll now be a sponsor soon?


Something tells me this is our future. I wasn't going to be the first one to say it first, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blog Archive
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Blog Archive › CES Days 2 and 3: Skullcandy. That's right...Skullcandy.