From all earphones i had chance to deal, some for a short time however, GRADO GR10 are my favorite for their thight well controlled punchy bass great mids and highs clarity and transparency of details balance of frequencies in the track without emphasizing one frequency region over another for every type of music i'm listening to from classical to different types of metal
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Did I make a good choice? Last post on 6/5/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Gold is it worth upgrading to Miles Davis Tribute? Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why? - Page 2post #16 of 211/23/11 at 9:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 211/23/11 at 10:51pm
MTPG and q-jays should be good to wet whatever appetite or mood you are in. The Jays are super light and comfortable for active use, with a emphasis on clarity and tight bass. The Golds will reach down low with a smooth mid and treble for a fuller sound.post #18 of 211/23/11 at 11:13pm
OP: I assume you intend the question to be a price-no-object one? If I had to pick 2, they would both be uncoloured but serve 2 separate purposes: one for home use (especially for late-night movies or gaming) and one for on-the-go.
For home use, I would go for the Beyerdynamic DT250. Even though it is closed, it sounds perfectly natural to my ears--and I say this as someone who has owned the open DT880 for over a year. A closed headphone is ultimately more practical, because even if I keep my room window open, I don't have to worry about construction or traffic while I enjoy my music/movies/games.
For portable, I would go for an Earsonic or Westone. The SM2 was more pleasant to my ears than the SM3, and for Westone, the UM3X is more neutral than the W3 (although the W3 has more low end, thus helping to overcome ambient noise). Both are similar in design--secure fit, no cable noise, unobtrusive design.
If I could venture into fantasy land, based on what I've read on Head-Fi and trying out the "universal demo units", I would take a leap of faith and grab a custom for portable use. JH13, ES5 or UERM all vie for top spot in terms of isolation, neutrality and overall fidelity.post #19 of 211/24/11 at 6:40ampost #20 of 211/24/11 at 6:46amQuote:Originally Posted by rawrster
I thought this was going to be one of those recommend me stuff threads :P
If keeping with universals i would pick the e-Q7 and CK10. I had those two only for a while and I thought I was done but I ended up venturing into customs. Neither has the bass of say the Coppers, Golds or even the IE7 but I was quite happy when I had those two.
They both had great clarity, sound stage and speed and the e-Q7 had an amazing bass texture to go with a fairly balanced sound.
This but for me the GR10 and a custom but I would also have a 3rd cheap backup like a M1/pl50 for emergencies.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. Available on... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear