From all earphones i had chance to deal, some for a short time however, GRADO GR10 are my favorite for their thight well controlled punchy bass great mids and highs clarity and transparency of details balance of frequencies in the track without emphasizing one frequency region over another for every type of music i'm listening to from classical to different types of metal
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Did I make a good choice? Last post on 6/5/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Gold is it worth upgrading to Miles Davis Tribute? Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
MTPG and q-jays should be good to wet whatever appetite or mood you are in. The Jays are super light and comfortable for active use, with a emphasis on clarity and tight bass. The Golds will reach down low with a smooth mid and treble for a fuller sound.
OP: I assume you intend the question to be a price-no-object one? If I had to pick 2, they would both be uncoloured but serve 2 separate purposes: one for home use (especially for late-night movies or gaming) and one for on-the-go.
For home use, I would go for the Beyerdynamic DT250. Even though it is closed, it sounds perfectly natural to my ears--and I say this as someone who has owned the open DT880 for over a year. A closed headphone is ultimately more practical, because even if I keep my room window open, I don't have to worry about construction or traffic while I enjoy my music/movies/games.
For portable, I would go for an Earsonic or Westone. The SM2 was more pleasant to my ears than the SM3, and for Westone, the UM3X is more neutral than the W3 (although the W3 has more low end, thus helping to overcome ambient noise). Both are similar in design--secure fit, no cable noise, unobtrusive design.
If I could venture into fantasy land, based on what I've read on Head-Fi and trying out the "universal demo units", I would take a leap of faith and grab a custom for portable use. JH13, ES5 or UERM all vie for top spot in terms of isolation, neutrality and overall fidelity.
I thought this was going to be one of those recommend me stuff threads :P
If keeping with universals i would pick the e-Q7 and CK10. I had those two only for a while and I thought I was done but I ended up venturing into customs. Neither has the bass of say the Coppers, Golds or even the IE7 but I was quite happy when I had those two.
They both had great clarity, sound stage and speed and the e-Q7 had an amazing bass texture to go with a fairly balanced sound.
This but for me the GR10 and a custom but I would also have a 3rd cheap backup like a M1/pl50 for emergencies.
- If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need your advice on buying a new pair of headphones from among these 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x alternative with more bass but equal quality 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)