From all earphones i had chance to deal, some for a short time however, GRADO GR10 are my favorite for their thight well controlled punchy bass great mids and highs clarity and transparency of details balance of frequencies in the track without emphasizing one frequency region over another for every type of music i'm listening to from classical to different types of metal
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Did I make a good choice? Last post on 6/5/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Gold is it worth upgrading to Miles Davis Tribute? Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
MTPG and q-jays should be good to wet whatever appetite or mood you are in. The Jays are super light and comfortable for active use, with a emphasis on clarity and tight bass. The Golds will reach down low with a smooth mid and treble for a fuller sound.
OP: I assume you intend the question to be a price-no-object one? If I had to pick 2, they would both be uncoloured but serve 2 separate purposes: one for home use (especially for late-night movies or gaming) and one for on-the-go.
For home use, I would go for the Beyerdynamic DT250. Even though it is closed, it sounds perfectly natural to my ears--and I say this as someone who has owned the open DT880 for over a year. A closed headphone is ultimately more practical, because even if I keep my room window open, I don't have to worry about construction or traffic while I enjoy my music/movies/games.
For portable, I would go for an Earsonic or Westone. The SM2 was more pleasant to my ears than the SM3, and for Westone, the UM3X is more neutral than the W3 (although the W3 has more low end, thus helping to overcome ambient noise). Both are similar in design--secure fit, no cable noise, unobtrusive design.
If I could venture into fantasy land, based on what I've read on Head-Fi and trying out the "universal demo units", I would take a leap of faith and grab a custom for portable use. JH13, ES5 or UERM all vie for top spot in terms of isolation, neutrality and overall fidelity.
I thought this was going to be one of those recommend me stuff threads :P
If keeping with universals i would pick the e-Q7 and CK10. I had those two only for a while and I thought I was done but I ended up venturing into customs. Neither has the bass of say the Coppers, Golds or even the IE7 but I was quite happy when I had those two.
They both had great clarity, sound stage and speed and the e-Q7 had an amazing bass texture to go with a fairly balanced sound.
This but for me the GR10 and a custom but I would also have a 3rd cheap backup like a M1/pl50 for emergencies.
- If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) 44 seconds ago
- › WANTED AKG K550, K551 and K7xx 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation needed for LCD-3 DAC/amp 3 minutes ago
- › How to Manually Create Playlists for the X5 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)