From all earphones i had chance to deal, some for a short time however, GRADO GR10 are my favorite for their thight well controlled punchy bass great mids and highs clarity and transparency of details balance of frequencies in the track without emphasizing one frequency region over another for every type of music i'm listening to from classical to different types of metal
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Did I make a good choice? Last post on 6/5/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Gold is it worth upgrading to Miles Davis Tribute? Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
MTPG and q-jays should be good to wet whatever appetite or mood you are in. The Jays are super light and comfortable for active use, with a emphasis on clarity and tight bass. The Golds will reach down low with a smooth mid and treble for a fuller sound.
OP: I assume you intend the question to be a price-no-object one? If I had to pick 2, they would both be uncoloured but serve 2 separate purposes: one for home use (especially for late-night movies or gaming) and one for on-the-go.
For home use, I would go for the Beyerdynamic DT250. Even though it is closed, it sounds perfectly natural to my ears--and I say this as someone who has owned the open DT880 for over a year. A closed headphone is ultimately more practical, because even if I keep my room window open, I don't have to worry about construction or traffic while I enjoy my music/movies/games.
For portable, I would go for an Earsonic or Westone. The SM2 was more pleasant to my ears than the SM3, and for Westone, the UM3X is more neutral than the W3 (although the W3 has more low end, thus helping to overcome ambient noise). Both are similar in design--secure fit, no cable noise, unobtrusive design.
If I could venture into fantasy land, based on what I've read on Head-Fi and trying out the "universal demo units", I would take a leap of faith and grab a custom for portable use. JH13, ES5 or UERM all vie for top spot in terms of isolation, neutrality and overall fidelity.
I thought this was going to be one of those recommend me stuff threads :P
If keeping with universals i would pick the e-Q7 and CK10. I had those two only for a while and I thought I was done but I ended up venturing into customs. Neither has the bass of say the Coppers, Golds or even the IE7 but I was quite happy when I had those two.
They both had great clarity, sound stage and speed and the e-Q7 had an amazing bass texture to go with a fairly balanced sound.
This but for me the GR10 and a custom but I would also have a 3rd cheap backup like a M1/pl50 for emergencies.
- If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 4 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 39 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEMs under 200 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3