From all earphones i had chance to deal, some for a short time however, GRADO GR10 are my favorite for their thight well controlled punchy bass great mids and highs clarity and transparency of details balance of frequencies in the track without emphasizing one frequency region over another for every type of music i'm listening to from classical to different types of metal
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 1/21/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Did I make a good choice? Last post on 6/5/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Gold is it worth upgrading to Miles Davis Tribute? Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
MTPG and q-jays should be good to wet whatever appetite or mood you are in. The Jays are super light and comfortable for active use, with a emphasis on clarity and tight bass. The Golds will reach down low with a smooth mid and treble for a fuller sound.
OP: I assume you intend the question to be a price-no-object one? If I had to pick 2, they would both be uncoloured but serve 2 separate purposes: one for home use (especially for late-night movies or gaming) and one for on-the-go.
For home use, I would go for the Beyerdynamic DT250. Even though it is closed, it sounds perfectly natural to my ears--and I say this as someone who has owned the open DT880 for over a year. A closed headphone is ultimately more practical, because even if I keep my room window open, I don't have to worry about construction or traffic while I enjoy my music/movies/games.
For portable, I would go for an Earsonic or Westone. The SM2 was more pleasant to my ears than the SM3, and for Westone, the UM3X is more neutral than the W3 (although the W3 has more low end, thus helping to overcome ambient noise). Both are similar in design--secure fit, no cable noise, unobtrusive design.
If I could venture into fantasy land, based on what I've read on Head-Fi and trying out the "universal demo units", I would take a leap of faith and grab a custom for portable use. JH13, ES5 or UERM all vie for top spot in terms of isolation, neutrality and overall fidelity.
I thought this was going to be one of those recommend me stuff threads :P
If keeping with universals i would pick the e-Q7 and CK10. I had those two only for a while and I thought I was done but I ended up venturing into customs. Neither has the bass of say the Coppers, Golds or even the IE7 but I was quite happy when I had those two.
They both had great clarity, sound stage and speed and the e-Q7 had an amazing bass texture to go with a fairly balanced sound.
This but for me the GR10 and a custom but I would also have a 3rd cheap backup like a M1/pl50 for emergencies.
- If you were to pick just two earphones.... which would you choose and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 26 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 39 seconds ago
- › Kramer-mod... KSC75... 47 seconds ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › NuPrime uDSD ($179, PCM384+DSD256 decoding) Portable USB DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2