New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

why foobar? - Page 3

post #31 of 53
Hope you don't mind...I renamed the thread


I have progressed through many pc players and none come close to what foobar is capable of. Xmms is about the closest thing (linux player) but foobar still edges. Simple, high fidelity, musical and accurate. Gotta love it
post #32 of 53
I'm using an M-Audio Delta 410 card with the latest drivers, but can't seem to use Kernel streaming. Foobar gives an error message. What do I need to do?

Thanks.
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Edwood
It's better for your wallet to not know what you are missing. Trust me. It's not an edict. It's an obsession.

-Ed
i don't know what foobar2000 and winamp has got to do with my wallet or for that matter 'money'.

no reply needed.
post #34 of 53
For those of you who have an Audigy 2 and don't have kx drivers, GET THEM NOW. Delete the audigy drivers and install the kx ones. Switching to the kx drivers was for me was one of the most significant changes in sound quality I have ever heard.
post #35 of 53
Ok, I was wrong about f2k, but for a reason...

I had downloaded the normal version and somehow had forgot to tick on the 'components' tab during installation /hangs his head in shame.

I downloaded the f2k special with all its goodies... went to preferences, and played around with everything for the last 2 hours...

I have totally fallen in love with this piece of software... that is all I have to say for now...
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover
For those of you who have an Audigy 2 and don't have kx drivers, GET THEM NOW. Delete the audigy drivers and install the kx ones. Switching to the kx drivers was for me was one of the most significant changes in sound quality I have ever heard.
As long as you are not playing any game. But to enjoy what audigy2 does best, great sound for gaming especially EAX then you need audigy2 drivers... on the other hand you can always use dual boot, in one drive A2 with KX drivers and on the other drive with creative drivers.
post #37 of 53
I hated the KX drivers. Made gaming sound useless. and didn't really improve the sound IMO. It just made it alot louder. Louder to the point that it was difficult to get my Klipshes to a reasonable volume without clipping. Turning the windows volume down didn't help with the clipping I was hearing.

Foobar may be free. But it will make you spend more money.

-Ed
post #38 of 53
you guys must have better ears than me, because I just don't hear these subtle differences. Maybe it's my equipment? Using Revo -> Radio Shack interconnect -> CMOY -> HD600's

Sounds nice, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by superjohnny
you guys must have better ears than me, because I just don't hear these subtle differences. Maybe it's my equipment? Using Revo -> Radio Shack interconnect -> CMOY -> HD600's

Sounds nice, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Might want to seriously consider a new IC and a new amp would likely show a lot of improvement too.
post #40 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by superjohnny
you guys must have better ears than me, because I just don't hear these subtle differences. Maybe it's my equipment? Using Revo -> Radio Shack interconnect -> CMOY -> HD600's

Sounds nice, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.
I don't think a cmoy was meant to power those kind of 'phones.
post #41 of 53
Nice soundcard, but a new IC and AMP would do WONDERS for those headphones!

I like how people classify foobar as the minimilistic player, but it has SO many great features that other players just don't that I have fallen in love with, have any of you tried the crossfeed plugin yet?

--------------
post #42 of 53
I just found out about the crossfeed yesterday night, so I'll try it when I get home from work.

I love my job!
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Asmo
Nice soundcard, but a new IC and AMP would do WONDERS for those headphones!

I like how people classify foobar as the minimilistic player, but it has SO many great features that other players just don't that I have fallen in love with, have any of you tried the crossfeed plugin yet?

--------------
Yeah, I use it all the time with my headphones
post #44 of 53
I have been using Foobar for a few months at work and though it does sound a bit better, there are two cons that make it very annoying.

1) Improper reading of tags. I have MP3's full tagged and it still says "UKNOWN" in fields. Or it displays it weird.

2) No jumping or searching. If it sorted correctly then I wouldn't have a problem. But it doesn't. In Winamp, I can press J and jump to a song using any search term.
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by sygyzy
I have been using Foobar for a few months at work and though it does sound a bit better, there are two cons that make it very annoying.

1) Improper reading of tags. I have MP3's full tagged and it still says "UKNOWN" in fields. Or it displays it weird.

2) No jumping or searching. If it sorted correctly then I wouldn't have a problem. But it doesn't. In Winamp, I can press J and jump to a song using any search term.
1) Get ID3v2 tag reader; that's most likely what's wrong. That or switch to ID3v1/APEv2 tags.

2) You can bind a key to have a playlist search. Just look around some more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components