Taboo is really just a speaker amp that happens to work great with orthos and thus it was added a TRS connector
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 6/4/15 at 6:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 19post #271 of 41512/9/12 at 12:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 41512/9/12 at 12:28pmpost #273 of 41512/9/12 at 5:43pm
Remember that's 6W 8 ohms.
Chris J calculated 2W plus into 50 ohms (LCD2r1; LCD3; HE-6 as well?), nearer 2W flat into 60 ohms (LCD2r2) based on the output impedance of the Taboo transformer. Hope I've quoted Chris correctly.
It's not all about power of course. Taboo's design and construction philosophy offers high transparency which can be optimized (or not!) with its flexible tube-rolling options. The tubes don't have to cost the earth either...post #274 of 41512/9/12 at 7:14pmpost #275 of 41512/10/12 at 2:18amQuote:
sounds amazing with even low end monitors, i'd love to have a real speaker setup for my taboo. it's really somethingpost #276 of 41512/10/12 at 3:39amQuote:945's anyone?
I have the CSP2+ & Taboo with the 945s. I don't really have speaker experience outside of this, but I find the set up fantastic. Thankfully my space is limited otherwise I'd be tempted to head for the 944s which would make me lust after the MK3.post #277 of 41512/10/12 at 5:03ampost #278 of 41512/10/12 at 1:26pmpost #279 of 41512/15/12 at 1:01pmpost #280 of 41512/24/12 at 7:09ampost #281 of 41512/24/12 at 7:20am
CSP2+ is he way to go with high imp cans. Taboo is for speakers - and orthos. CSP2+ and the Taboo is supposedly a great pre-power amp combo - they are made for each other.post #282 of 41512/24/12 at 7:50amQuote:
Ardilla is on the money (As usual!) The CSP2+ is designed for dynamic HP's and the Taboo for Planer due to its higher output power (6W per channel as a speaker amp)
Here is the CSP2+ in action with my HD650's....post #283 of 4151/3/13 at 6:39pmpost #284 of 4151/3/13 at 6:42pm
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › Please Help, Matrix M-stage DAC + Matrix M-Stage Amp + HD 650 good... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones, need advice. New to audiophile gear. 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 7 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 7 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 10 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2