Taboo is really just a speaker amp that happens to work great with orthos and thus it was added a TRS connector
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 7/7/14 at 9:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 19post #271 of 41512/9/12 at 12:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 41512/9/12 at 12:28pmpost #273 of 41512/9/12 at 5:43pm
Remember that's 6W 8 ohms.
Chris J calculated 2W plus into 50 ohms (LCD2r1; LCD3; HE-6 as well?), nearer 2W flat into 60 ohms (LCD2r2) based on the output impedance of the Taboo transformer. Hope I've quoted Chris correctly.
It's not all about power of course. Taboo's design and construction philosophy offers high transparency which can be optimized (or not!) with its flexible tube-rolling options. The tubes don't have to cost the earth either...post #274 of 41512/9/12 at 7:14pmpost #275 of 41512/10/12 at 2:18amQuote:
sounds amazing with even low end monitors, i'd love to have a real speaker setup for my taboo. it's really somethingpost #276 of 41512/10/12 at 3:39amQuote:945's anyone?
I have the CSP2+ & Taboo with the 945s. I don't really have speaker experience outside of this, but I find the set up fantastic. Thankfully my space is limited otherwise I'd be tempted to head for the 944s which would make me lust after the MK3.post #277 of 41512/10/12 at 5:03ampost #278 of 41512/10/12 at 1:26pmpost #279 of 41512/15/12 at 1:01pmpost #280 of 41512/24/12 at 7:09ampost #281 of 41512/24/12 at 7:20am
CSP2+ is he way to go with high imp cans. Taboo is for speakers - and orthos. CSP2+ and the Taboo is supposedly a great pre-power amp combo - they are made for each other.post #282 of 41512/24/12 at 7:50amQuote:
Ardilla is on the money (As usual!) The CSP2+ is designed for dynamic HP's and the Taboo for Planer due to its higher output power (6W per channel as a speaker amp)
Here is the CSP2+ in action with my HD650's....post #283 of 4151/3/13 at 6:39pmpost #284 of 4151/3/13 at 6:42pm
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Audeze LCD3 42 seconds ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two inputs 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Brainwavz M2 replacement! 3 minutes ago
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 6 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)