Taboo is really just a speaker amp that happens to work great with orthos and thus it was added a TRS connector
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 4/2/16 at 3:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 19post #271 of 41512/9/12 at 12:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 41512/9/12 at 12:28pmpost #273 of 41512/9/12 at 5:43pm
Remember that's 6W 8 ohms.
Chris J calculated 2W plus into 50 ohms (LCD2r1; LCD3; HE-6 as well?), nearer 2W flat into 60 ohms (LCD2r2) based on the output impedance of the Taboo transformer. Hope I've quoted Chris correctly.
It's not all about power of course. Taboo's design and construction philosophy offers high transparency which can be optimized (or not!) with its flexible tube-rolling options. The tubes don't have to cost the earth either...post #274 of 41512/9/12 at 7:14pmpost #275 of 41512/10/12 at 2:18amQuote:
sounds amazing with even low end monitors, i'd love to have a real speaker setup for my taboo. it's really somethingpost #276 of 41512/10/12 at 3:39amQuote:945's anyone?
I have the CSP2+ & Taboo with the 945s. I don't really have speaker experience outside of this, but I find the set up fantastic. Thankfully my space is limited otherwise I'd be tempted to head for the 944s which would make me lust after the MK3.post #277 of 41512/10/12 at 5:03ampost #278 of 41512/10/12 at 1:26pmpost #279 of 41512/15/12 at 1:01pmpost #280 of 41512/24/12 at 7:09ampost #281 of 41512/24/12 at 7:20am
CSP2+ is he way to go with high imp cans. Taboo is for speakers - and orthos. CSP2+ and the Taboo is supposedly a great pre-power amp combo - they are made for each other.post #282 of 41512/24/12 at 7:50amQuote:
Ardilla is on the money (As usual!) The CSP2+ is designed for dynamic HP's and the Taboo for Planer due to its higher output power (6W per channel as a speaker amp)
Here is the CSP2+ in action with my HD650's....post #283 of 4151/3/13 at 6:39pmpost #284 of 4151/3/13 at 6:42pm
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion - Single BA IEM from the folks at ALO -... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 9 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Why do people say m40x is more accurate than m50x? 10 minutes ago
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...