Taboo is really just a speaker amp that happens to work great with orthos and thus it was added a TRS connector
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 2/17/14 at 2:23am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade questions - Denon to Audeze Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 19post #271 of 40412/9/12 at 12:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 40412/9/12 at 12:28pmpost #273 of 40412/9/12 at 5:43pm
Remember that's 6W 8 ohms.
Chris J calculated 2W plus into 50 ohms (LCD2r1; LCD3; HE-6 as well?), nearer 2W flat into 60 ohms (LCD2r2) based on the output impedance of the Taboo transformer. Hope I've quoted Chris correctly.
It's not all about power of course. Taboo's design and construction philosophy offers high transparency which can be optimized (or not!) with its flexible tube-rolling options. The tubes don't have to cost the earth either...post #274 of 40412/9/12 at 7:14pmpost #275 of 40412/10/12 at 2:18amQuote:
sounds amazing with even low end monitors, i'd love to have a real speaker setup for my taboo. it's really somethingpost #276 of 40412/10/12 at 3:39amQuote:945's anyone?
I have the CSP2+ & Taboo with the 945s. I don't really have speaker experience outside of this, but I find the set up fantastic. Thankfully my space is limited otherwise I'd be tempted to head for the 944s which would make me lust after the MK3.post #277 of 40412/10/12 at 5:03ampost #278 of 40412/10/12 at 1:26pmpost #279 of 40412/15/12 at 1:01pmpost #280 of 40412/24/12 at 7:09ampost #281 of 40412/24/12 at 7:20am
CSP2+ is he way to go with high imp cans. Taboo is for speakers - and orthos. CSP2+ and the Taboo is supposedly a great pre-power amp combo - they are made for each other.post #282 of 40412/24/12 at 7:50amQuote:
Ardilla is on the money (As usual!) The CSP2+ is designed for dynamic HP's and the Taboo for Planer due to its higher output power (6W per channel as a speaker amp)
Here is the CSP2+ in action with my HD650's....post #283 of 4041/3/13 at 6:39pmpost #284 of 4041/3/13 at 6:42pm
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Does a DAC/Amp make sense with this setup? + questions about... 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob