Nice review! I think I've already decided on it. Problem is waiting for the funds now...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 2/17/14 at 2:23am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade questions - Denon to Audeze Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 2post #16 of 4041/24/11 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 4041/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starter
it is a great amp and thank you. Remember there is a 4-6 week wait for it so it gives you time to accumulate money. I am very satisfied with the productpost #18 of 4041/25/11 at 4:52pmpost #19 of 4041/25/11 at 4:59pmThread Starter
He does not charge the credit card till it ships. Steve the real deal not hold your money and then build. He builds then ships and charges then. you need to give him the credit card but he wont charge till it ships. Class operation all the waypost #20 of 4041/25/11 at 5:41pmpost #21 of 4041/25/11 at 7:24pm
Just wanted to mention that if you pay with PayPal, they charge you right when you place the order. Some people may well prefer that method, but credit/debit orders aren't charged until the ship, like Frank said.
-Danielpost #22 of 4041/25/11 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I preferred the T1 on the CSP-2 but Fang listened to it and he preferred the taboopost #23 of 4041/25/11 at 7:30pmQuote:
Ahh..ok. I was thinking about going through paypal, but I'll probably go with cc to save wait time. Thanks for the heads up.post #24 of 4041/26/11 at 11:52ampost #25 of 4041/26/11 at 11:55amThread StarterQuote:
Great. Are you going to run speakers off them and will you be using a preamp. I love the Taboopost #26 of 4041/26/11 at 12:01pmpost #27 of 4041/26/11 at 12:11pmThread StarterQuote:
they run fine on my 93DB 8 ohm Omegas. Fill the room pretty nice. The higher the efficiency the better. You have a Mapletree amp listed that may also be nice as a preamp for tubes but it should work with the SS 802 ask Steve he will tell youpost #28 of 4041/26/11 at 11:40pm
I'm very pleased that it uses the same family of 12AX7 tubes like the Mapletree. That makes it a very convenient upgrade. I've never heard any EL84's before, but I hear great things about them. And the 5U4's are pretty similar to the ones used in the Woo. I can only imagine what the Taboo will sound like, a cross between Mapletree and Woo maybe? I can only picture a dark room...filled with pure ecstasy.post #29 of 4041/27/11 at 5:43amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile
I'm very pleased that it uses the same family of 12AX7 tubes like the Mapletree. That makes it a very convenient upgrade. I've never heard any EL84's before, but I hear great things about them. And the 5U4's are pretty similar to the ones used in the Woo. I can only imagine what the Taboo will sound like, a cross between Mapletree and Woo maybe? I can only picture a dark room...filled with pure ecstasy.
The 6P15P tube Steve ships it with are very nice tubes. I currently am using Sylvania EL84 NOS 1974 blackplates and a Mullard 12AT7 with a 5U$G Sylvania and the sound is delicious. Lush with great bass and Midrange magical with a very nice high end. This is my favorite combo so far. Matched Sylvanis and the Mullard made a huge difference and not sure any more tube rolling is necessary for a bit but I have many 12AU7,5751,12AX7,12BH7 and more rectifiers but so happy right now with the sound that I will stick with this for a bit. Unless I decide to buy some Mullard EL84 matched set but they are 100.00 tubepost #30 of 4042/5/11 at 9:25am
My question for the OP, and anyone else with one:
1. Anyone running their Taboo straight out of their DAC, and if so, which one, and do you know your output voltage?
2. Anyone using the Taboo without preamp? Did you get the Taboo with the stepped volume attenuator?
3. Anyone heard the Taboo with/without the V-caps? Sonic differences in this circuit topology?
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 seconds ago
- › PCM2706 USB DAC 11 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 15 seconds ago
- › sennheiser HD 558 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Please recommend headphones for PC/Iphone use 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob