Nice review! I think I've already decided on it. Problem is waiting for the funds now...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 4/2/16 at 3:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 2post #16 of 4151/24/11 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 4151/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starter
it is a great amp and thank you. Remember there is a 4-6 week wait for it so it gives you time to accumulate money. I am very satisfied with the productpost #18 of 4151/25/11 at 4:52pmpost #19 of 4151/25/11 at 4:59pmThread Starter
He does not charge the credit card till it ships. Steve the real deal not hold your money and then build. He builds then ships and charges then. you need to give him the credit card but he wont charge till it ships. Class operation all the waypost #20 of 4151/25/11 at 5:41pmpost #21 of 4151/25/11 at 7:24pm
Just wanted to mention that if you pay with PayPal, they charge you right when you place the order. Some people may well prefer that method, but credit/debit orders aren't charged until the ship, like Frank said.
-Danielpost #22 of 4151/25/11 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I preferred the T1 on the CSP-2 but Fang listened to it and he preferred the taboopost #23 of 4151/25/11 at 7:30pmQuote:
Ahh..ok. I was thinking about going through paypal, but I'll probably go with cc to save wait time. Thanks for the heads up.post #24 of 4151/26/11 at 11:52ampost #25 of 4151/26/11 at 11:55amThread StarterQuote:
Great. Are you going to run speakers off them and will you be using a preamp. I love the Taboopost #26 of 4151/26/11 at 12:01pmpost #27 of 4151/26/11 at 12:11pmThread StarterQuote:
they run fine on my 93DB 8 ohm Omegas. Fill the room pretty nice. The higher the efficiency the better. You have a Mapletree amp listed that may also be nice as a preamp for tubes but it should work with the SS 802 ask Steve he will tell youpost #28 of 4151/26/11 at 11:40pm
I'm very pleased that it uses the same family of 12AX7 tubes like the Mapletree. That makes it a very convenient upgrade. I've never heard any EL84's before, but I hear great things about them. And the 5U4's are pretty similar to the ones used in the Woo. I can only imagine what the Taboo will sound like, a cross between Mapletree and Woo maybe? I can only picture a dark room...filled with pure ecstasy.post #29 of 4151/27/11 at 5:43amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile
I'm very pleased that it uses the same family of 12AX7 tubes like the Mapletree. That makes it a very convenient upgrade. I've never heard any EL84's before, but I hear great things about them. And the 5U4's are pretty similar to the ones used in the Woo. I can only imagine what the Taboo will sound like, a cross between Mapletree and Woo maybe? I can only picture a dark room...filled with pure ecstasy.
The 6P15P tube Steve ships it with are very nice tubes. I currently am using Sylvania EL84 NOS 1974 blackplates and a Mullard 12AT7 with a 5U$G Sylvania and the sound is delicious. Lush with great bass and Midrange magical with a very nice high end. This is my favorite combo so far. Matched Sylvanis and the Mullard made a huge difference and not sure any more tube rolling is necessary for a bit but I have many 12AU7,5751,12AX7,12BH7 and more rectifiers but so happy right now with the sound that I will stick with this for a bit. Unless I decide to buy some Mullard EL84 matched set but they are 100.00 tubepost #30 of 4152/5/11 at 9:25am
My question for the OP, and anyone else with one:
1. Anyone running their Taboo straight out of their DAC, and if so, which one, and do you know your output voltage?
2. Anyone using the Taboo without preamp? Did you get the Taboo with the stepped volume attenuator?
3. Anyone heard the Taboo with/without the V-caps? Sonic differences in this circuit topology?
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Eddie Current - Black Widow, Solid State Headphone AMP Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso dx120? 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 DAC/Amp (silver) plus bonus D230 power cable 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Torpedo III Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Portable amp/dac for android & headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...