Nice review! I think I've already decided on it. Problem is waiting for the funds now...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/25/11
- brandDecwaretagged by System, 1/25/11
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productDecware Taboo 6W amptagged by System, 2/5/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandMaverick Audiotagged by System, 1/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 6/4/15 at 6:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:41pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Your headphone pet peeves Last post on 10/14/13 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction:The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment - Page 2post #16 of 4151/24/11 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 4151/25/11 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #18 of 4151/25/11 at 4:52pmpost #19 of 4151/25/11 at 4:59pmThread Starter
He does not charge the credit card till it ships. Steve the real deal not hold your money and then build. He builds then ships and charges then. you need to give him the credit card but he wont charge till it ships. Class operation all the waypost #20 of 4151/25/11 at 5:41pmpost #21 of 4151/25/11 at 7:24pm
Just wanted to mention that if you pay with PayPal, they charge you right when you place the order. Some people may well prefer that method, but credit/debit orders aren't charged until the ship, like Frank said.
-Danielpost #22 of 4151/25/11 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I preferred the T1 on the CSP-2 but Fang listened to it and he preferred the taboopost #23 of 4151/25/11 at 7:30pmQuote:
Ahh..ok. I was thinking about going through paypal, but I'll probably go with cc to save wait time. Thanks for the heads up.post #24 of 4151/26/11 at 11:52ampost #25 of 4151/26/11 at 11:55amThread StarterQuote:
Great. Are you going to run speakers off them and will you be using a preamp. I love the Taboopost #26 of 4151/26/11 at 12:01pmpost #27 of 4151/26/11 at 12:11pmThread StarterQuote:
they run fine on my 93DB 8 ohm Omegas. Fill the room pretty nice. The higher the efficiency the better. You have a Mapletree amp listed that may also be nice as a preamp for tubes but it should work with the SS 802 ask Steve he will tell youpost #28 of 4151/26/11 at 11:40pm
I'm very pleased that it uses the same family of 12AX7 tubes like the Mapletree. That makes it a very convenient upgrade. I've never heard any EL84's before, but I hear great things about them. And the 5U4's are pretty similar to the ones used in the Woo. I can only imagine what the Taboo will sound like, a cross between Mapletree and Woo maybe? I can only picture a dark room...filled with pure ecstasy.post #29 of 4151/27/11 at 5:43amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile
I'm very pleased that it uses the same family of 12AX7 tubes like the Mapletree. That makes it a very convenient upgrade. I've never heard any EL84's before, but I hear great things about them. And the 5U4's are pretty similar to the ones used in the Woo. I can only imagine what the Taboo will sound like, a cross between Mapletree and Woo maybe? I can only picture a dark room...filled with pure ecstasy.
The 6P15P tube Steve ships it with are very nice tubes. I currently am using Sylvania EL84 NOS 1974 blackplates and a Mullard 12AT7 with a 5U$G Sylvania and the sound is delicious. Lush with great bass and Midrange magical with a very nice high end. This is my favorite combo so far. Matched Sylvanis and the Mullard made a huge difference and not sure any more tube rolling is necessary for a bit but I have many 12AU7,5751,12AX7,12BH7 and more rectifiers but so happy right now with the sound that I will stick with this for a bit. Unless I decide to buy some Mullard EL84 matched set but they are 100.00 tubepost #30 of 4152/5/11 at 9:25am
My question for the OP, and anyone else with one:
1. Anyone running their Taboo straight out of their DAC, and if so, which one, and do you know your output voltage?
2. Anyone using the Taboo without preamp? Did you get the Taboo with the stepped volume attenuator?
3. Anyone heard the Taboo with/without the V-caps? Sonic differences in this circuit topology?
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Philips Fidelio X1 vs Sennheiser HD558? 9 seconds ago
- › Philips SHL3300 (SHL3300/28) DJ Headphones - PRICE DROP 23 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What's your foobar2000 setup? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi 2! 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by... 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)