Westone 2 does not have replaceable cables. The UM2 does but it is not within the budget.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSleek Audio SA6CABLE Replaceable Cabletagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a bass extended IEM blind - can't decide what to get Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portables or IEMs? $200 and not quite sure what to spend it on. Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bus rider with tired ears - help me ditch my iphone headphones Last post on 2/9/11 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 4/13/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200. - Page 2post #16 of 231/25/11 at 10:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 231/25/11 at 10:53pmpost #18 of 231/26/11 at 4:30pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot. I think that I will be going with the super.fi 5 pro + westone cable combo. sf5 pro has great audio, and reviews only complain about the horrible cable. I'll be buying the cable seperate and hope to find a decent deal of the superfis that won't put total price over 200.post #19 of 231/26/11 at 4:53pm
Personally, I find the Ultimate Ears Super.fi fit a little uncomfortable, but if you're going that way, why don't you get a triple.fi? They can be found used here for around $100 and new for $180 or so on Amazon. Then you'll still have money for a cord!post #20 of 231/27/11 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 231/28/11 at 7:24pmQuote:
you may or may not have issues, it's worth a shot either way since amazon has a 30 day return policypost #22 of 231/30/11 at 4:41amThread Starter
I ended up buying the TF10s from a local guy, brand new. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes! I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave me, it has been most helpful!post #23 of 231/31/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
So guys, I ended up getting the triplefi 10vis and let me tell you...they are absolutely amazing! I was so worried about possibly having to sell them because I wasn't getting a good fit, but after fiddling with them for 30 minutes (not an exaggeration) I got a good fit and learned how to put them on quickly. They sound sooo good, it's amazing! I haven't even burned them in yet. Best part is I got them at the low price of $150, BNIB, locally. There were 2 pairs for sale in all of Ontario, and they guy selling them actually goes to school in the same place I work. Right now I will start looking for the westone cable for when my current one breaks.
Thanks a ton, headfi community! You have been so helpful, and are a great bunch of people! No other forum I've been a part of has so many replies so quickly. Polite, helpful replies.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP! V-MODA CROSSFADE M100 HURT MY EARDRUMS! 3 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2