Westone 2 does not have replaceable cables. The UM2 does but it is not within the budget.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSleek Audio SA6CABLE Replaceable Cabletagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a bass extended IEM blind - can't decide what to get Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portables or IEMs? $200 and not quite sure what to spend it on. Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bus rider with tired ears - help me ditch my iphone headphones Last post on 2/9/11 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200. - Page 2post #16 of 231/25/11 at 10:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 231/25/11 at 10:53pmpost #18 of 231/26/11 at 4:30pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot. I think that I will be going with the super.fi 5 pro + westone cable combo. sf5 pro has great audio, and reviews only complain about the horrible cable. I'll be buying the cable seperate and hope to find a decent deal of the superfis that won't put total price over 200.post #19 of 231/26/11 at 4:53pm
Personally, I find the Ultimate Ears Super.fi fit a little uncomfortable, but if you're going that way, why don't you get a triple.fi? They can be found used here for around $100 and new for $180 or so on Amazon. Then you'll still have money for a cord!post #20 of 231/27/11 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 231/28/11 at 7:24pmQuote:
you may or may not have issues, it's worth a shot either way since amazon has a 30 day return policypost #22 of 231/30/11 at 4:41amThread Starter
I ended up buying the TF10s from a local guy, brand new. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes! I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave me, it has been most helpful!post #23 of 231/31/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
So guys, I ended up getting the triplefi 10vis and let me tell you...they are absolutely amazing! I was so worried about possibly having to sell them because I wasn't getting a good fit, but after fiddling with them for 30 minutes (not an exaggeration) I got a good fit and learned how to put them on quickly. They sound sooo good, it's amazing! I haven't even burned them in yet. Best part is I got them at the low price of $150, BNIB, locally. There were 2 pairs for sale in all of Ontario, and they guy selling them actually goes to school in the same place I work. Right now I will start looking for the westone cable for when my current one breaks.
Thanks a ton, headfi community! You have been so helpful, and are a great bunch of people! No other forum I've been a part of has so many replies so quickly. Polite, helpful replies.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 10 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 24 seconds ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Looking Speakers? 3 minutes ago
- › Singxer F1 XMOS208 USB/SPDIF w/Enclosure 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Help choosing headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Baby Orpheus HE60 HEV70 4 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...