Westone 2 does not have replaceable cables. The UM2 does but it is not within the budget.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSleek Audio SA6CABLE Replaceable Cabletagged by System, 1/20/11
- productSleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a bass extended IEM blind - can't decide what to get Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portables or IEMs? $200 and not quite sure what to spend it on. Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bus rider with tired ears - help me ditch my iphone headphones Last post on 2/9/11 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200. - Page 2post #16 of 231/25/11 at 10:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 231/25/11 at 10:53pmpost #18 of 231/26/11 at 4:30pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot. I think that I will be going with the super.fi 5 pro + westone cable combo. sf5 pro has great audio, and reviews only complain about the horrible cable. I'll be buying the cable seperate and hope to find a decent deal of the superfis that won't put total price over 200.post #19 of 231/26/11 at 4:53pm
Personally, I find the Ultimate Ears Super.fi fit a little uncomfortable, but if you're going that way, why don't you get a triple.fi? They can be found used here for around $100 and new for $180 or so on Amazon. Then you'll still have money for a cord!post #20 of 231/27/11 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 231/28/11 at 7:24pmQuote:
you may or may not have issues, it's worth a shot either way since amazon has a 30 day return policypost #22 of 231/30/11 at 4:41amThread Starter
I ended up buying the TF10s from a local guy, brand new. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes! I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave me, it has been most helpful!post #23 of 231/31/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
So guys, I ended up getting the triplefi 10vis and let me tell you...they are absolutely amazing! I was so worried about possibly having to sell them because I wasn't getting a good fit, but after fiddling with them for 30 minutes (not an exaggeration) I got a good fit and learned how to put them on quickly. They sound sooo good, it's amazing! I haven't even burned them in yet. Best part is I got them at the low price of $150, BNIB, locally. There were 2 pairs for sale in all of Ontario, and they guy selling them actually goes to school in the same place I work. Right now I will start looking for the westone cable for when my current one breaks.
Thanks a ton, headfi community! You have been so helpful, and are a great bunch of people! No other forum I've been a part of has so many replies so quickly. Polite, helpful replies.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Quality IEMs with removable cord. Budget of $200.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 seconds ago
- › Modded Grado 325i. Got wood? 10 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 42 seconds ago
- › Good Amp and DAC? 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)